Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Sage
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank2
I've lived here for seven years and can tell you, if you're not happy here you'll be disappointed in heaven.
Frank2, What a great comment! ;D It is reassuring to hear that you've been there seven years and are still loving it.

I do NOT think TOTV is a negative site. But I've been reading about noise, trains, traffic jams, loud music from the town centers, grouchy neighbours, frogs in toilets, errant balls on golf course lots, noisy gas golf carts, mowing golf courses in early morning, ... and unbelievably, some people who feel dogs shouldn't go out in public! :dontknow: I was telling my husband over dinner that I've been getting a bit worried as we are starting our first occupancy in October. We have two dogs and bought Courtyard Villa in May (on a golf course).

We made up our mind in 5 days that we loved TV and bought a Villa. Now, having read all these great posts, I am reassured that we did the right thing. I can HARDLY WAIT until we get there in October!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Barefoot. Thank you for the nice compliment. I hope you, too, will develop a lasting appreciation for an active life in the Villages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Frank2, What a great comment! ;D It is reassuring to hear that you've been there seven years and are still loving it.

I do NOT think TOTV is a negative site. But I've been reading about noise, trains, traffic jams, loud music from the town centers, grouchy neighbours, frogs in toilets, errant balls on golf course lots, noisy gas golf carts, mowing golf courses in early morning, ... and unbelievably, some people who feel dogs shouldn't go out in public! :dontknow: I was telling my husband over dinner that I've been getting a bit worried as we are starting our first occupancy in October. We have two dogs and bought Courtyard Villa in May (on a golf course).

We made up our mind in 5 days that we loved TV and bought a Villa. Now, having read all these great posts, I am reassured that we did the right thing. I can HARDLY WAIT until we get there in October!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-23-2007, 02:10 PM

Hey Barefoot -

We will just be settling into TV in October!!!! We think a Villa south of Lake Sumpter.

I know Canada quite well- I'm from Northern Minnesota and canoed the Boundary Waters in Ely.

Love the smell of the pines, wood burning fireplaces (but not in TV), camping, picking blueberries and fighting off the bears. etc. Our cabin was almost to International Falls Canada. But, like you, as pleasant as that was, we are moving to Paradise!! Maybe we'll see you down there. We will be walking our Westie and Carin Terriers around the square some nights. (Emphasis on SOME) for those who have a problem with our 4 legged friends.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I think the number of people who have issues with dogs are few, then again our Airedale does weigh 90 lbs, maybe they're afraid to say something.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:01 PM

Hey Golfnut-

I'd like to hire your dog as a guard and security dog when I take our little ones down to the square's!!! :joke:
Old 08-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

darby, No problem she's a real sweetheart, only problem is she doesn't realize she weighs 90 lbs if you know what I mean. You can check out Aerial in the pet discussion section under how about posting a picture.....
Old 08-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Sage

Darby, we are in a C. villa south of 466, that is where we wanted to live. Maybe we'll be neighbours, I hope so. One of my first activities when I arrive in October will be to take Brutus and Biggins to a dog park .. wonder if you can golf cart to DoggieDoRun .. probably not, I think it is a "regular" road outside of TV.

Then we'll be heading over to the Square for Happy Hour and some dancing. We have to buy a complete houseful of furniture. At least you're able to bring some stuff, we're coming over the Border so we have to start from scratch. Lots of work ahead. But we want to leave plenty of time for fun and socializing.

Golfnut, I've seen the picture of Aerial .. what a great looking dog.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

thanks barefoot, I'm sure you'll enjoy getting things set up, take your time eh, what's the rush, we're just across the border from you in southeast michigan, we have friends in Belmont Villas.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Sage

Golfnut: How exciting, our Villa is in Belmont Villas!! It would be so nice to know someone there.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:34 PM

Barefoot - I'd post my dog's pictures but your dogs would be jealous!!! (I am soooo just kidding)

Can't wait to meet all of you when we are all there together...... Won't that be fun!!????? :bigthumbsup:

Check my post about Minnesota vs Canada Barefoot. We have lot's in common!!!!! :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-24-2007, 05:36 AM

And the best "negative" about the villages is one I heard at the square listening to Rockey and the Rollers......"and to think the government actually pays us to be here......". People who "hate" the Villages actually must hate life.....OH STOP!!!! I have been accused of having Pom Poms attached to my wrists for being such an Villager lover.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Darby, we are in a C. villa south of 466, that is where we wanted to live. Maybe we'll be neighbours, I hope so. One of my first activities when I arrive in October will be to take Brutus and Biggins to a dog park .. wonder if you can golf cart to DoggieDoRun .. probably not, I think it is a "regular" road outside of TV.

Then we'll be heading over to the Square for Happy Hour and some dancing. We have to buy a complete houseful of furniture. At least you're able to bring some stuff, we're coming over the Border so we have to start from scratch. Lots of work ahead. But we want to leave plenty of time for fun and socializing.

Golfnut, I've seen the picture of Aerial .. what a great looking dog.
No, you are not supposed to golf cart to Doggie Doo Run Run. There are no golf cart paths that go to Doggie Doo Run Run even if it borders a golf course on one side for a bit as well as at the back. With many of the dogs, you sure can tell that they are in the car or truck as they come near the entrance to the Doggie Doo Run Run. There's quite a lot of barking going on.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:12 PM

There is only one thing that I "hate" about The Villages and that is all the whiners. This is as close to paradise as I have found and I am in myh 28th house. Enjoy the life style. The issues can be correct with patience.

Peepop
Old 08-24-2007, 11:22 PM

The only thing I miss here is the great shopping I have always had living in major cities.

On the other hand, I consider TV "paradise" so I guess paradise isn't meant to have great malls.

Mary Ann
Old 08-25-2007, 11:26 AM

I so agree with the last post. This area has a lot more stores and restaurants then when we first visited in 2005. I do however miss large malls that have good quality department stores (Macys, Norstroms, Dillards). I wonder if a mall will ever be bulit in this area. While the plazas are nice they are bascially all the same. While I am at it I also wish TV had a sushi bar and a good bakery.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.