Last edited by rshoffer; 10-27-2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshoffer View Post
I dislike the CENSORSHIP in The Daily Sun
I agree. I don't like censorship much at all.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:13 AM

How Sweet it is. . . Brooklyn da USA
that was a long time ago my sister loved Chin's egg fo young but I would like to have a
good "pie" pizza or a real hot dog, Ice, a real Cheese Cake to start

Da Sgt
Old 10-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

I have been here a few weeks, and I do not hate anything. What I am disappointed with this the playlist of WVLG. They play way too much wussie music and not enough rock and roll. When you hear more Barry Manilow than the Beatles, you know something is wrong! At least they play Herman's Hermits once in a while.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Gold member

I had the same thought as I was on hold with the closing office today. The music-on-hold was very syrupy stuff.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Banned
Default what don't you like

yes most folks love tv. we do!! the only thing i can think of is we wish we had a little more room between homes. we are so close we can hear each others conversations when on lanai's. other than that, we are all happy! so when choosing your home beware of that one point to take into consideration. otherwise it's paradise!!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Sage

It only took a one week rental with a backyard lanai neighbor 20 feet away to come to that same conclusion.

It is the absolute #1 with a bullet priority in our house search. Everything else is negotiable.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
It only took a one week rental with a backyard lanai neighbor 20 feet away to come to that same conclusion.

It is the absolute #1 with a bullet priority in our house search. Everything else is negotiable.
you pay for privacy.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Sage

Nach!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:13 PM

There is only one indoor pool at the Wellness Center. As of June 1st-there will be no indoor pools for villagers!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Mom View Post
There is only one indoor pool at the Wellness Center. As of June 1st-there will be no indoor pools for villagers!
are they closing the indoor pool at The Wellness Center June first????
Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 PM

rshoffer, See the thread I just started. The Wellness Center is not a happy place right now.!! It is another one of those surprises!!! Not what the people wanted or expected.

I am leaving to meet friends now so I won't be on here but anybody who has been to the Wellness Center today can tell you about it.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:51 AM
Default Only the Villages Bible

There are very few things about this area I dislike. My main bone of contention is and always will be the Villages "Bible" so many people have memorized or maybe mezmerized is a better choice of words.
They run around with this thing in their hands just looking for things to call the yard nazis about. "Got a bush out of place", "trying to add something to his house", "dog running lose", "chacki in his yard". On and on infinitum.
This planet has so many BIG problems that we really need to work on and these same people continually stick their collective noses in everyone elses business.
I lived for 60+ years without telling others what to do. Never had a problem.You don't like me or my bush or my dog or my flower pot? I really could care less. Go do something really important like fixing the economy, cure cancer, solve world problems.
And put your lousy "Bible" in the closet.
Other than this issue, I'm a person at peace. I have zero issues with no one. You wanna plant a bush, fine with me. Your dog got loose? Oops, well you'll get him eventually. Want to put up a window planter, maybe I can help. To me ...............these "problems" are really small potatoes in the grand scheme of life.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!

Last edited by SABRMnLgs; 01-16-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default For the most part, we three LOVE TV. It is 99% perfect!!

I love so many things about the villages, but one of my favorites is the beauty of it all. Most homes aren't large, in fact none are gigundous, but the beautiful well kept landscaping is a treat to the eyes. I understand where Sabr is coming from, but I appreciate the restrictions, because then everywhere you look it is beautiful to see. Having lived in two neighborhoods where there were restrictions, we are used to rules. I know that some people can be enthusiastic about adding items to their yards until it is very overdone and not pleasant to look at and that can destroy the beauty of their neighbors view. I also know that those same people find their selections lovely and are confused as to why they would be limited. I wear hearing aids and if I were to play music on the lanai to a level enjoyable to me, I would and should be turned in for disturbing the peace.

I don't like the wild crazy driving in The Villages that I have seen NO WHERE else! And I miss the grocery store chain I loved back home; Krogers. There is also no Michaels nearby and no place to buy artists supplies. I don't like that you have to spray your home so bugs and termites don't come to join you, but that is all of the tropics. I don't like that you can't trade appliances in the already built homes in TV before you buy them. There is NO negotiating and it looks like I am stuck with a dumb refrigerator with a top freezer that makes my back ache when I am getting something off the bottom shelf.

Not too much to complain about and certainly not up there with the economy and world peace.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

HATE - not a thing in TV. But I also don't think it is perfect, although I do like it a lot.

A few of my "dislikes" are that I sometimes feel I am "nickeled and dimed to death" with petty fees and charges for stuff. The recent (or rather, upcoming) $8 charge to use the online golf tee time system is one example.

I dislike the traffic circles. My mind will not comprehend that turning right from the left lane of a traffic circle is OK. That has caused me to exercise a major portion of my limited vocabulary of four letter words on more than one occassion.

Sometimes I feel a little unempowered over decisions that affect my quality of life. The recent decision to remove the buffalos from TV would be one example of that.

All in all, TV is a great place - not perfect but great.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.