Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Bieberfeld View Post
i love it here, although it certainly is not paradise...

crowded roads, and speeds not enforced.
rude golf cart drivers who think that no traffic lawas or common courtesies apply to them.........when was the last time a golf cart made a left turn from the right lane and cut right in front of you...
dog urine burn marks on your lawn, and you do not have a dog

i would love to see some bicycle or jogging paths that cut through the various villages, or connect some villages, and just do not parallel the main streets, and are golf-cart restricted. and how about opening up the golf cart paths within the golf courses......just once in awhile so we don't get beaned on the head......i would love to ride my bicycle through them once in awhile.
we have no nature trails near 466A....

and it is so great to be here...

Now Now Jeff.

I don't want them to open the golf courses to bicycle traffic and I know that sounds mean. I have enough trouble without a biker whizzing by in my back swing. And to appear kind, you must realize that getting hit by a golf ball is a serious matter. If you don't dream of cycling on the courses, I won't dream of hitting practice shots near the multimodal paths.

Also....you must avoid the short curly shag carpeting if at all possible. It doesn't hold up...and any carpet here needs to be cleaned professionally twice a year. The sand and dirt just flies in somehow.

Other than the small carpet issue, I'm good.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Jeff Bieberfeld
Cool just once in awhile..

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Now Now Jeff.

I don't want them to open the golf courses to bicycle traffic and I know that sounds mean. I have enough trouble without a biker whizzing by in my back swing. And to appear kind, you must realize that getting hit by a golf ball is a serious matter. If you don't dream of cycling on the courses, I won't dream of hitting practice shots near the multimodal paths.

Also....you must avoid the short curly shag carpeting if at all possible. It doesn't hold up...and any carpet here needs to be cleaned professionally twice a year. The sand and dirt just flies in somehow.

Other than the small carpet issue, I'm good.
just once in awhile to ride thru the golf course.....i love to explore and the winding and up and down paths look so inviting........i wear a helmet....
oh please....

our carpet is over a year old, and resolve takes out any marks immediately...
our cat cannot seem to throw up anywhere that there is tile...go figure...
Old 04-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Veteran member
Default 47,636 views, I picked one heck of a topic didn't I

bump

48,486 as of 4/16 views, I picked one heck of a topic didn't I.
Wanabee future TVer

Last edited by diskman; 04-16-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Thumbs up Great topic

You sure did Diskman. After reading all 400+ replies, can't wait to be immersed in TV lifestyle. So much to do, so little time left to do it all in b4 we're 'all in'. Should be closing on ours the 29th & hope to get settled in shortly thereafter. On the subject of dislikes, one thing most people seem to agree on are the roundabouts or as New Englanders say, rotarys. I ran into them in NJ back in the 60's and thought they were a terrible idea. Most places that had them finally agreed and got rid of them. Now, like bad ideas in congress, they are popping up all over the country. The idea hasn't gotten any better. If you could count on common sense and courtesy, the would probably work very well. Unfortunately sense does not seem too common anymore and courtesy is rapidly disappearing. My other dislike is that there seems to be only one way to get from the Historic side to the Squares via cart. I.E. the "Bridge". Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. My understanding of cart rules is that we can't cross 27/441 at controlled intersections with a cart. Oh well, nothing is perfect but TV comes darned close on this earth.
- Irving Kristol
Old 04-14-2010, 11:02 AM

The Villages is a great place to live. We have come to accept that the positives currently outweigh the negatives.

Topics you need to keep in mind. It is a very controlled enviorment.

If you are policially ultra conservative you will feel very comfortable living in The Villages.

Once you accept there is one unelected authority making the deciions that impact your life style The Villages is a great pace to live.

If you Ignore having only one political opinion expressed and highly promoted through the press (The Daily Sun ) and all political activities in The Villages you will enjoy living in The Villages.

Many residents find the above issues difficult to accept. If you are one of these people then you will not be happy here and will loose alot of money if you purchase a home and later decide that the negatives outweigh the positives.

Before you make your decision access as much information that you can about the villages, Google The Villages, Talk to people.

If you decisde to come. welcome and have a great experience.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflynn1 View Post
If you are one of these people then you will not be happy here and will loose alot of money if you purchase a home and later decide that the negatives outweigh the positives.
With home prices depressed (even here in TV) I doubt if you'd lose a LOT of money. Inconvienence? Sure. But I really doubt if one's political stance would cause them to leave a place like TV with all the rest it has to offer.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Veteran member
Default Time for a bump

BUMP
Wanabee future TVer
Old 06-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
... I really doubt if one's political stance would cause them to leave a place like TV with all the rest it has to offer.
I agree! I'm an old lefty from way back and we love TV. We don't discuss politics, but we love TV. The thing I hate most is that I'm not sure when when we can get back again.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 06-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by another Linda View Post
I agree! I'm an old lefty from way back and we love TV. We don't discuss politics, but we love TV. The thing I hate most is that I'm not sure when when we can get back again.
I am a moderate Linda.I doubt if anyone would agree with me. I don't bring it up. I hope I can distract them with my smile.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am a moderate Linda.I doubt if anyone would agree with me. I don't bring it up. I hope I can distract them with my smile.
Love your smile GG! And it is funny how I used to consider myself a moderate but somehow the world has changed around me. But lets not go there. I love TV.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 06-06-2010, 11:40 AM

Could you tell us how many homes have listed TV as their PRIMARY home or do most just snowbird there? Thanks!
Old 06-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Dog issue is an OWNER issue, regarding yard ornaments, if you want to see what excessive yard ornaments look like, drive down Del Mar and you will know why that rule became popular....There is ALWAYS one individual that is responsible for NEW rules....ALMOST all Villagers are responsible and considerate neighbors....It is hard for me to find something that I hate in TV.....This is our HOME, they will be carrying me away in a box, urn or Hefty bag but I'll go kicking and screaming all the way.....giggle
Old 06-06-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linandvin View Post
Could you tell us how many homes have listed TV as their PRIMARY home or do most just snowbird there? Thanks!
On our street in Hemingway, a relatively new village, about a third of the residents are snowbirds gone for the summer.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by linandvin View Post
I read somewhere that 40% of Villagers are Seasonal Residents.

It would be interesting to know how many residents have claimed TV as their Primary Home.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Gold member
Default Florida residency

It's my understanding you can be a "seasonal resident" and also claim Florida as your state of residency as long as you reside in Florida over 6 mos per year. That's what we plan to do.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.