Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

We were very disappointed in the condition of some of the championship golf courses last year. In particular, Cane Garden and Mallory were just awful. We didn't play them too much, went over to Glenfield and Tierra del Sol. But our house is near Mallory, so we hope things are going to be better this season, its so convenient.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNPA
I so agree with the last post. This area has a lot more stores and restaurants then when we first visited in 2005. I do however miss large malls that have good quality department stores (Macys, Norstroms, Dillards). I wonder if a mall will ever be bulit in this area. While the plazas are nice they are bascially all the same. While I am at it I also wish TV had a sushi bar and a good bakery.
You can always go to Paddock Mall for Macy's. That's not too far away. http://www.macys.com/store/locator/i...&ZipCode=32162 Dillards looks further http://kivera.dillards.com/select.jsp?place=32162 and Nordstrums maybe further? http://about.nordstrom.com/MapPoint/...k%2cFaconnable
Old 08-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
No, you are not supposed to golf cart to Doggie Doo Run Run. There are no golf cart paths that go to Doggie Doo Run Run even if it borders a golf course on one side for a bit as well as at the back. With many of the dogs, you sure can tell that they are in the car or truck as they come near the entrance to the Doggie Doo Run Run. There's quite a lot of barking going on.
Taltarzac .. Thanks for the info .. do you know if there are any Dog Parks within the Villages boundaries?
Old 08-25-2007, 06:28 PM

Paradise it is. We did our homework and moved here. We have visited FL for over 30 yrs and traveled the state, but the hurricane thing bugged us. What better place than here where we are centrally located. Even a weatherman moved here!

Next we did have a friend in Belleview who picked his area and we kept going by THE BRIDGE wondering what was that? Finally we were getting closer to retiring and stopped in. We visited for 3 years and at different times of the year to experience different times of weather.

Then we did spend 2 weeks in AZ looking there. Now how to make up ones mind. Well, we compared Dell Webb there to here and found it to be $100,000 more. BUT the biggest thing here is the golf carts and all the clubs and activities. That is something we have NOT found anywhere else.

The only thing I can suggest is to be careful hiring contractors. If it doesn't seem right, then don't hire them no matter the price. The Villages will tell you who did the work on your house and if you like that, then get a bid from them.

Weather - well, yes it is HOT during summer. What better time to travel to a cooler location. Also, being from Wisconsin, the nine months of ice and snow was more than gladly swapped for the summer here.

So, do your research and don't rush!
Old 08-25-2007, 06:44 PM

Just got back from three weeks in the villages. Moving van is coming on September 17. YEAH!!!! Tried my darndest to find something BAD about TV. I don't want to leave my kids! But we love the villages!!!!!! We will be living in Largo. I want to thank everybody for all the positive info about TV. It has reinforced our decision.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Send a message via AIM to rballruss Send a message via Yahoo to rballruss

Wonder what the responses would be like if someone posted "Tell me why you love living in The Villages?" I guess I just tend to be a person who is always looking at the positives. Hey...just call me naive. (sp). But I do agree with Dadspet....since I do a lot of travelling around TV (can't say why), the newer sections have intersecting street signs that are on the same level. Example: O'dell Circle and Stillwater. You actually have to slow to nearly a stop before being able to read the neame of the street (Stillwater) when coming up O'dell Circle. This just seems to be unsafe and a design flaw.

Now saying that....there is my negative. But I will go on by relating what I say to my wife every morning when I wake up..."Honey, pinch me!" This lifestyle I'm living has to be a dream. If anyone has found a better place to spend their retirement years...please email me. I'd love to hear about it.

Russ
Old 08-26-2007, 02:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rballruss
Wonder what the responses would be like if someone posted "Tell me why you love living in The Villages?" I guess I just tend to be a person who is always looking at the positives. Hey...just call me naive. (sp). But I do agree with Dadspet....since I do a lot of travelling around TV (can't say why), the newer sections have intersecting street signs that are on the same level. Example: O'dell Circle and Stillwater. You actually have to slow to nearly a stop before being able to read the neame of the street (Stillwater) when coming up O'dell Circle. This just seems to be unsafe and a design flaw.

Now saying that....there is my negative. But I will go on by relating what I say to my wife every morning when I wake up..."Honey, pinch me!" This lifestyle I'm living has to be a dream. If anyone has found a better place to spend their retirement years...please email me. I'd love to hear about it.
Russ
Russ, I already knew the answer to this"Tell me why you love living in The Villages?" Thats why I asked the current question. With all the positive statements I wanted to compare the negatives of which, there don't seem to be many. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
larry

Wanabee future TVer
Old 08-26-2007, 08:31 AM

I think this forum exchange is going the way of a favorite quote of mine - " A terrible day on the golf course is still better than anyday at the office!".... most appropriate for TV!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

For the most part my wife and I truly love the Villages, but what really upset us are all the inconsiderate and rude Villagers. We moved here about 5 years ago and it seems like back then, the attitude and atmosphere of the Villages was one of happy and carefree lifestyle that as retirees and semi-retired people should have. It is much easier to be friendly and nice to people than it is to be rude and inconsiderate. Just some comments for thought.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:02 AM

kennyb - I see this is your first post (??) but do respect your opinion as a 5 year 'veteran' of TV!
Can I ask everyone a question - what is the 'year amount' that one needs to be a resident (full or part time) to be considered a 'veteran', long termer or a rookie? what is the average TV residency years??
Old 08-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Taltarzac .. Thanks for the info .. do you know if there are any Dog Parks within the Villages boundaries?
I do not know of any "dog parks" per se within the boundaries of the Villages to which you can legally golf cart. Even though I have heard that people take their dogs to Lake Paradise http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...20Of%20Worship to meet and greet. Never actually taken my dog to that Lake as it is quite a distance from here by golf cart anyway but I could do it.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Sage

Taltarzac: Lake Paradise is now on my list of places to check out. Thanks. When I was on my Preview Visit, I saw lots of people walking dogs on hydro fields .. do you know if this is permitted? I think I need to see a good map of TV showing Parks, etc. Do you know where one can be found online?
Old 08-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Veteran member

The worst thing for me are the people that haven't a clue how to negotiate the traffic circles. They enter on the left (inner circle) because the line of cars is shorter (I presume) then try to exit by cutting across the right (outer) lane thus cutting across and into the traffic trying to continue around the circle. I wish they would close the inner circle and force everyone to go around correctly. Oh yeah, apparently some northeast states don't require the use of turn signals to change lanes or turn because the relocated drivers sure don't use them here.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Platinum member

I have had so many people come from the left and cross in front of me to exit the circle. What a danger! I'm getting to the point I just expect those on the left to cut me off.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Taltarzac: Lake Paradise is now on my list of places to check out. Thanks. When I was on my Preview Visit, I saw lots of people walking dogs on hydro fields .. do you know if this is permitted? I think I need to see a good map of TV showing Parks, etc. Do you know where one can be found online?
I am not sure what you mean by "hydro fields"? They do not like dogs on their golf courses. I believe it is even illegal to have your dog on the golf course, but I am not sure about that.

The online maps for the Villages leave a lot to be desired mainly probably because of how much the Villages change. The mapmakers cannot keep up! Mapquest http://www.mapquest.com/ sure has a lot of areas that are not filled in as yet.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.