Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeagle65
The worst thing for me are the people that haven't a clue how to negotiate the traffic circles. They enter on the left (inner circle) because the line of cars is shorter (I presume) then try to exit by cutting across the right (outer) lane thus cutting across and into the traffic trying to continue around the circle. I wish they would close the inner circle and force everyone to go around correctly. Oh yeah, apparently some northeast states don't require the use of turn signals to change lanes or turn because the relocated drivers sure don't use them here.
Sure agree about the traffic circles. I start praying when I near them.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Hey BUC -

Do you want to know why I can't wait to get down to TV with all the restrictions?

BECAUSE I'M WORTH IT!!!!

(And that should take care of any reference to the color of our hair! :-* )
Old 08-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Sage

[quote=Taltarzac ]
I am not sure what you mean by "hydro fields"? They do not like dogs on their golf courses. I believe it is even illegal to have your dog on the golf course, but I am not sure about that.

The online maps for the Villages leave a lot to be desired mainly probably because of how much the Villages change. The mapmakers cannot keep up! Mapquest http://www.mapquest.com/ sure has a lot of areas that are not filled in as yet.

Taltarzac, I didn't mean golf courses, I would NEVER NEVER walk my dogs on a golf course, they are sacred! We were driving around during our preview visit in March over by San Marino and noticed hydro fields with a lot of dog walkers. The areas seemed to be unused for anything else; so I was wondering whether it was permitted. Anyway, the hydro fields are quite far away from our Villa, so I'm sure I'll never go there anyway.

One of my pet peeves is dog walkers who don't pick up after their dogs. It ruins it for all the conscientious people.
I always pick up after my dogs and would never take them anywhere they aren't allowed to go.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last

Taltarzac, I didn't mean golf courses, I would NEVER NEVER walk my dogs on a golf course, they are sacred! We were driving around during our preview visit in March over by San Marino and noticed hydro fields with a lot of dog walkers. The areas seemed to be unused for anything else; so I was wondering whether it was permitted. Anyway, the hydro fields are quite far away from our Villa, so I'm sure I'll never go there anyway.

One of my pet peeves is dog walkers who don't pick up after their dogs. It ruins it for all the conscientious people.
I always pick up after my dogs and would never take them anywhere they aren't allowed to go.
I assume that the "hydro fields" would be OK for dog walkers if you saw a lot as the Villages' administrators are quite diligent about rule enforcement. Just try putting a sign on the front yard-- or perhaps a gnome-- in one of the Village neighborhoods which forbids such things in front yards. From what I have seen, the rule enforcers will show up within the day or so.

Still better safe than sorry. You should probably contact someone in an official capacity in the Villages and double-check this.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:21 PM

Oh, I hate something!

hehehe ....

Getting chased off the golf course by a darn thunderstorm!!!

Hmm... that 'bout covers it.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Platinum member

I hate TV because I'm not there. As for the circles, I'ver been going around in circles for years, hair color does make a huge difference to me. There seems to be less and less of it as time goes by and I'm very happy to have what I've got. And lastly..... Hell I forgot what I was gonna say. ;D

Steve
Old 08-27-2007, 07:05 PM

Oh Steve, You are a HOOT! Can't wait for both of us to get down there and have an adult beverage together....You ARE old enough aren't you????
Old 08-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Veteran member
Default Dont knock it

My wife and I lived where houses were alot more than they are here and all I have to say is thank God for deed restrictions. P.S. We didnt have any where we lived before
Old 08-27-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeagle65
The worst thing for me are the people that haven't a clue how to negotiate the traffic circles. They enter on the left (inner circle) because the line of cars is shorter (I presume) then try to exit by cutting across the right (outer) lane thus cutting across and into the traffic trying to continue around the circle. I wish they would close the inner circle and force everyone to go around correctly. Oh yeah, apparently some northeast states don't require the use of turn signals to change lanes or turn because the relocated drivers sure don't use them here.
:cop:I am a "newbee", but I thought that the outer circle was REQUIRED to exit at the next "outlet" in the circle, where the inner circle had the OPTION of either exiting at any of the outlets or continuing around. I believe that the lane markers support this - but I am going to check when I return on Thursday!

20 lashes if I'm wrong!
Victoria &amp; Vancouver, B.C.<br />China Lake, Ca<br />Pasadena, Ca<br />Several cities in Orange Co., Ca<br />Bakersfield, Ca<br />Indiana, PA<br />West Palm Beach, FL<br />TV&nbsp; (Mallory Square)!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Ken, that's the way I try to negotiate the roundabouts, if I'm in the center a want to exit and there's someone on the right and slightly behind I look for his turn signal and even still I try to slow down to watch him commit if I'm not sure of his intentions.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Eternal Member

Would you ever turn from the left lane on a two lane street headed east across the right lane to make a right hand turn? Why would you even think that you could do that in a roundabout?

In foreign countries where the roundabout is actually a big traffic circle you negotiate yourself into the right hand lane and make the turn. The roundabouts here (especially north of 466) are not that big. Please get in the right lane and follow it around and exit at your desired street. If you are going to go at least two or three quarters around then try the inside lane but get into the outside lane before you exit.

AND keep your eye out for the construction and landscaping vehicles. They do not care.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Z, 2 lanes in the roundabout exiting into 2 lanes, there's room for both, yes you can exit the roundabout from the center lane. Here is a link to an excellent video that explains it, they should give one of these to everyone who buys in TV. http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/eesc/CAE/des.../mpg_index.htm
Old 08-31-2007, 12:17 PM
Eternal Member

Golfnut, I watched the video. Agree everyone should watch it - even though it is the state of Washington and not Florida it does tell the procedure. The important thing to remember from this video is to go slow and watch out for the other traffic. The inside lane does not have an automatic shot at exiting at exit number two, three, or four since he is on the inside and some one else could have entered from a later point.

For the most part, everyone does the roundabout correctly. Every once in a while you get some one shooting in from the left lane and whipping out from the left lane with out even looking to see if there is some one continuing around the circle.

Every annual survey I ask that the Daily Sun includes the rules of the roundabout in grey or color once a month so that newbies and us oldies can be made aware of roundabout rules in TV. It has yet to happen.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:54 AM

I've read all the comments from people who think TV is paradise and I wonder why they respond to a subject that requests to hear any negative comments. We have been here for 6+ years. We have noticed that each new neighborhood that is built is constructed using the knowledge learned from the prior neighborhood. The older parts of TV have narrow streets and the newer neighborhoods are much wider and safer to drive on. The newer neighborhoods have more posted street signs and thought has been given to what speeds would be considered appropriate. A lot of people think that going to the town centers in the evenings with their pets in tow is fun. If you like to have dogs urinating on chairs, tables, people's legs, and if you enjoy being bumped around by intoxicated lugs holding a glass of beer in each hand - then you will be happy here. I have a puppy and we love him dearly. However, I would never take him to the town squares because he has no place there. Why impose on other people? The newer neighborhoods South of 466 are, indeed, more appropriate for the younger retirees coming to TV. They appear to have more money to spend (houses are much more expensive South of 466) and enjoy partying more than most of us older folks. Some of us who have been here for a while have feelings that the Developer is greedy. That is because we bought when advertising said you could play a championship course for a dollar a hole. Now it costs $54 to play 18 at the Palmer course. No problems getting a tee time there because few want to pay the higher price which has no place in a retirement community. Yet, the prices are not lowered even though they would get more players if the prices were adjusted. Doesn't seem to make much sense. Yes, there are negative things about TV. Few want to mention them because TV is, indeed, much better than most retirement communities. Not politically correct to be negative here. Just learn to smile and move aside when the newer residents want to pass you with their 20K golf carts. You would never hear any of them complain about the prices of golf in TV. Better quit my negative thoughts before I start talking about the Priority Golf system.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Old 09-01-2007, 02:40 PM

My wife and I are considering a move to The Villages. Can anyone tell me if the humidity/temp. in Florida is really as repressive as some say? I know every place has it's pro's and con's . We are native Minnesotan's ( very hot and very humid in summer ) now living in Tucson for the past year . We miss the GREEN landscape of Minnesota but not the white landscape. The red and brown landscaping in Tucson, we have found is also not our cup of tea. Sounds like form most postings you can SEE heaven from TV but wife is worried about the humidity. Should she be?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.