Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
I would like to see a few convenience stores scattered around. There's times when I want a bottle of water or something.
does anyone know what stores/ restaurants/shops are going in on 466a just west of Buena Vista Blvd?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
does anyone know what stores/ restaurants/shops are going in on 466a just west of Buena Vista Blvd?
There will be another Sweet Bay grocery store.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Sage
Default Nothing to "hate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
Hi, everyone.
... There has to be something that needs to be improved upon......

Thanks for allowing me my rant!
The title of the thread including "what you hate" asks to hear what is unbearable or aggravating enough to make one regret their decision to buy here. There is nothing to "hate" here.

It's overwhelmingly the best planned and best managed community we've ever lived in, and if elected officials across the nation actually wanted to solve the fiscal crises most places have, they would try to learn the concept of "fiscal solvency" and "responsiveness to the constituent/consumer" that the developer has shown in TV.

Sound fiscal management is a big part of why TV thrives and residents are so happy. That is a dying or already dead concept elsewhere.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
The title of the thread including "what you hate" asks to hear what is unbearable or aggravating enough to make one regret their decision to buy here. There is nothing to "hate" here.

It's overwhelmingly the best planned and best managed community we've ever lived in, and if elected officials across the nation actually wanted to solve the fiscal crises most places have, they would try to learn the concept of "fiscal solvency" and "responsiveness to the constituent/consumer" that the developer has shown in TV.

Sound fiscal management is a big part of why TV thrives and residents are so happy. That is a dying or already dead concept elsewhere.
Actually, I cringed when I posted on the love/hate thread. I think there should be a new thread called: What would you like to see improved in The Vilages....a lot less strident.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagegolfer View Post
There will be another Sweet Bay grocery store.
oh, that's nice.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Veteran member

Perhaps it's been mentioned... but I don't want to read 600+ messages to find out. The lack of an actual post office is annoying. The portable post office twice a week is helpful, but the limited days and hours make for long lines (not to mention rain). Even 1/2 day 5 days a week would be great.

The nearest Costco is about 50 miles away.

Neither is a major problem.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 07-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Costco

A new Costco's would make me a very happy camper.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:25 PM

After living here for 3 years, my sister in law moved from RI, my brother in law moved from NY, my daughter, husband and 2 granchldren moved from NH, my friends moved from NH and DE after visiting for 4 days, my sister moved from Ocala to TV and loves it. we have made so many friends with neighbors, everyone is so friendly. there are so many free things you can do, without having to pay for classes in exercise, pool, hobbies, etc. When I want to go golfing, I just plug a tee time in the computer system, and play with whomever they put me with, and have never had an unfriendly golf partner yet.My grandkids go the Villages School and love it! My daughter pays no tuition for a very well run school supported by us. they have never read books so much as now!! Our neighbors are friendly and you can be as friendly or not, as you please. I don't find them overbearing. what else can I say, the price for living here is not cheap, but every penny is worth it!! When we have out of town company, each one can't wait to move here. I'm afraid the state of FL will tip over with transplants from NE. The only thing I suggest to those people, is to rent for a year at least. They do then they buy. I miss my grandchildren but when i need a grandkid fix, (the others in NH) I fly there for a week. The summers are hot but the winters are Not COLD
Old 07-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Gold member
Default On topic

I don't like that the fact that Amenities fees are tied to CPI. Last 12 month's Consumer Price Index and my monthly amenities fee increase was + 3.6%.

This is especially upsetting because there have been no corresponding increases in Social Security Benefits and I haven't seen a single COLA increase in my pension ever. Can't seem to rationalize this, when considering what top execs from my former employer and federal workers have received in past few years.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Location: Too many to mention, then Loveland, OH; Poinciana then Fernandina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagegolfer View Post
A new Costco's would make me a very happy camper.
I love Costco!!!
"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big " Erica Jong
Old 07-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoPAA View Post
I love Costco!!!
I adore the picture of your dog. He has FRECKLES! or she...

I love your screen name too. I make THEM all of the time..
Old 07-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
I don't like that the fact that Amenities fees are tied to CPI. Last 12 month's Consumer Price Index and my monthly amenities fee increase was + 3.6%.

This is especially upsetting because there have been no corresponding increases in Social Security Benefits and I haven't seen a single COLA increase in my pension ever. Can't seem to rationalize this, when considering what top execs from my former employer and federal workers have received in past few years.
Just to let you know, Federal retirees have not received COLA's for the past 2 years, same as Social Security recipients.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:07 AM
Gold member

no more raises in my retired military pay.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Veteran member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I adore the picture of your dog. He has FRECKLES! or she...

I love your screen name too. I make THEM all of the time..
Gracie this should have been in a pm, not on this thread. You are an expert poster and should know better.
Wanabee future TVer
Old 07-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
Gracie this should have been in a pm, not on this thread. You are an expert poster and should know better.
...but it's OK to openly criticize others. I must have missed that forum rule somehow!
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.