Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Be vewwy vewwy carefuw Angie! Bill of Bill n Brillo might get upset enough by your eating his popcorn without his permission to sneak into your home in the middle of the night to confiscate your popcorn supply!
It's out of my hands now, sky - the popcorn concession has been turned over to 2BNTV!!

Bill
Old 07-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Gold member

I want to thank all of you for keeping me from making a huge mistake. I was going to move to TV...but that was when erroneously thought that it was a perfect place...that the owners removed all of the dangerous creatures and replaced them with computerized snakes, alligators, etc...and that every day would be happy and filled with sunshine and laughter...that dogs didn't poop or bark..and EVERYBODY was nice...mail was delivered to my door by a smiling mailman, landscaping was done by little yard gnomes while I slept....everyone obeyed all of the traffic laws (especially in the roundabouts), every restaurant served gourmet food at amazingly low prices, and no one ever, ever imposed upon their neighbors in any fashion. This was before I found out that there are actually human beings there that are sometimes not perfect...ah well, so much for Nirvana. Ok..just kidding...if it was perfect, my moving there would upset the balance anyway..I can't wait to get there!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 04:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
I want to thank all of you for keeping me from making a huge mistake. I was going to move to TV...but that was when erroneously thought that it was a perfect place...that the owners removed all of the dangerous creatures and replaced them with computerized snakes, alligators, etc...and that every day would be happy and filled with sunshine and laughter...that dogs didn't poop or bark..and EVERYBODY was nice...mail was delivered to my door by a smiling mailman, landscaping was done by little yard gnomes while I slept....everyone obeyed all of the traffic laws (especially in the roundabouts), every restaurant served gourmet food at amazingly low prices, and no one ever, ever imposed upon their neighbors in any fashion. This was before I found out that there are actually human beings there that are sometimes not perfect...ah well, so much for Nirvana. Ok..just kidding...if it was perfect, my moving there would upset the balance anyway..I can't wait to get there!!!
Ditto, Ditto.

great post!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Trish,

You sound like a person with not only good common sense but a sense of humor. Looking forward to making your aquaintance. You will be an asset to TV. You already ARE an asset to TOTV.

Kindest wishes,
Gracie
Old 07-23-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren L Miller;373***
This thread has turned into yarn. But too my point I think we need to promote Graciegirl for President in the next election. Nobody else has any good candidates. Or we all chip in and buy the Forum from the new owner (at a profit of course) and give it to Gracie girl and she can post whatever she wants whenever she wants.
We should remove the statue of Harold Schwartz in Spanish Springs and replace it with a statue of Gracie Girl too!
Old 07-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thumbs up

Quote:

Old 07-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Gold member

Thank you!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Old 07-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
We should remove the statue of Harold Schwartz in Spanish Springs and replace it with a statue of Gracie Girl too!

I think Harold and Gracie are much alike. My mother, who lived in TV for 18 years, mentioned meeting Mr. Schwartz many times at the clubs, pools and golf courses and he always asked if she and her girlfriends were having fun.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Hate is too strong a term, but does anyone else think that the fake historical signs in LSL are tacky?
Old 08-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwpc3 View Post
Hate is too strong a term, but does anyone else think that the fake historical signs in LSL are tacky?
No.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
No.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
No other words can say it better.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
NO
Old 08-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
No
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.