Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

bump
Wanabee future TVer
Old 10-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Larry:

It's hard to be "negative" about TV, it does have a lot of amenities, etc...but be aware that if it looks too good to be true...it probably is. Everything is not really as it appears and once you live here you find that out...but by then it's too late. The concept is good, and for the most part the people are friendly and fun loving, but like any community there are a lot of "BRATS".

My main complaint is that, unless you can afford to live in a Premiere home...it gets really boring...really quick...to drive down your street and see the SAME house after house, after house. You begin to feel like you're living in a post WWII housing project. This gets very depressing. You can even begin to tell who used what landscaper because they replicate the same plan and the same plants. It's depressing after a few years because there's not much you can do to change your house or your neighborhood. Hope you're RICH and can afford a custom designed Premiere home!!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:08 PM

I see the neighborhood I live in and the others in a different way. In each house I see a different personality in the way the landscaping is done. There are enough different styles and colors to make it attractive. The villas all look alike but that is how they are suppose to look.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta0744
th6095

If that was my property I would spray him and the dog with pepper spray and if he was stupid enough to call the police I would say he attacked you when you confronted him about the dog going on your property. Or I would just knock him on his A_ _. Have a nice day....
Just happen to be outside "watering" the flowers, and--OPPS--"the hose got away from me", or, "I didn't see you and your little doggie there" (wink, wink)

;D
Village of Hemmingway
Old 10-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by th6095
The one thing i dont like is, the rude people that allow there pet, to use my yard as there potty, there is one man in particular, that i have asked nicely, please dont let your dog use the yard as his potty, the man will walk his dog, everyday now, past my house, and let his dog do his business in my yard. I have even stood in my driveway, when i see him coming, and he will stare right at me, and still let his dog still use my yard for his potty, I am sure that he signed the same village agreement we did, and that is to curb your pet, any suggestions?
I'd do a couple of things. I'd take a digital photo of the creep and the dog while the doggie is doing his business. Make sure to stand so that you also get your house in the photo, to prove it's on your property. Then I'd post the photo on TOTV, along with a closeup of the creep. I'd also submit the photos to, and file a complaint with, the "deed police". Then, I'd take the doggie's business, follow the creep home, and would deposit it at the creeps front door.

If necessary, I'd repeat the process a few times before resorting to filing a complaint with the real police. I'm not sure what the charge could be...perhaps "public nuisance"?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmickey
I'd do a couple of things. I'd take a digital photo of the creep and the dog while the doggie is doing his business. Make sure to stand so that you also get your house in the photo, to prove it's on your property. Then I'd post the photo on TOTV, along with a closeup of the creep. I'd also submit the photos to, and file a complaint with, the "deed police". Then, I'd take the doggie's business, follow the creep home, and would deposit it at the creeps front door.

If necessary, I'd repeat the process a few times before resorting to filing a complaint with the real police. I'm not sure what the charge could be...perhaps "public nuisance"?
now this is a great solution
i love it
larry
Wanabee future TVer
Old 10-24-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman
Would you ever turn from the left lane on a two lane street headed east across the right lane to make a right hand turn? Why would you even think that you could do that in a roundabout?

In foreign countries where the roundabout is actually a big traffic circle you negotiate yourself into the right hand lane and make the turn. The roundabouts here (especially north of 466) are not that big. Please get in the right lane and follow it around and exit at your desired street. If you are going to go at least two or three quarters around then try the inside lane but get into the outside lane before you exit.

AND keep your eye out for the construction and landscaping vehicles. They do not care.

AMEN, Praise The Lord...you hit the proverbial nail on the head with our answer!!! I've asked everyone to think about it...would you make a right hand turn on US-27 from the left hand lane...well, some people would and do...but for the most of us, the answer is NO....so don't do it in a round-about!!! Thanks for sharing this info.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Veteran member

bump
Wanabee future TVer
Old 10-28-2007, 05:34 PM

My husband and I have been here 6 yrs. There's not much here that we don't like. If you really want a negative, I guess it would be Snow Bird Season. The traffic, the long lines at restaurants, and the people just seem to be alittle ruder. You'd think they'd be happy to be here in Paradise. If not, then why are they here??? During the summer months, we don't experience any of the above. But we grin and bear it, as we are well aware that this is the time of year that the businesses make their profits. I just wish these people would slow down and relax while they're here. Also. we could use a way to tighten up on the local outsiders from using our amenities. They don't want to live here, so why do they want to use them?? Go figure!
Old 10-28-2007, 05:40 PM

Well said. Most of the Snowbirds I like but there are those few that are hard to take with their grouchy ways. True that Summer is SSSSOOO nice. We know that we love many of the snowbirds and the businesses need their money so we grin and stay home just a little more then we do in the summer.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:35 PM

What is there not to like living in the Villages? I have lived here four beautiful years and have yet to find anything negative. Where else can we golf nonstop, without paying the price of a country club? Where else can we join clubs for $5 annual fees? Where else can we drive golf carts all over a town the size of 65,000? My new automobile of three years has only 6,000 miles on it. Charging up golf carts surpasses filling up at the pumps. Where else can I join or attend every class for free? Anyone who thinks that there is anyplace else to live that is more affordable and fun, please let me know, as I believe we do live in Paradise every day we get up and are alive and well. If anyone doesn't like it here - I feel sorry for you.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Veteran member

Love the place but you will have to learn to contend with the Florida drivers and some headless drivers!!! LOL !!!

Amazing thing we saw last week was a little lady in a new red vehicle making a LEFT turn on red!!!! Don't know where she lived before but I can't imagine it was legal there either.

You will also have to learn to contend with golf cart drivers who have NEVER driven a vehicle before. This is the first real freedom they have and they are NOT always cautious.

Other than that....come on down. This place is great for you!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 11:00 PM

First off I dislike the word hate,that being said my major annoyance are the "Full Timers"that have the impression that they own the place and the seasonal residents are one big pain in the a--.The seasonal residents pay taxes 12 months a year,they pay amenity fees 12 months a year,they pay for trash collection 12 months a year.Without the support of our seasonal friends we would not be able to afford this wonderful place we call home.So the next time you are annoyed because you can't get your favorite Tee time on your favorite course you might want thank the S---B----. for letting you use their facilitys all summer.Now quit whining!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Veteran member

bargee....just a daggone second. Yes EVERYONE pays 12 months of all fees, etc....yes, snowbirds only use them part of the year....BUT...some snow birds act like we should defer to them in the Winter months because they are not here all year.

Sorry charlie but that tuna stinks!!!!!

I like all my neighbors regardless of how long they live here. We have some lovely Winter residents and some I am glad go back up North for a few months.

Don't care if snow birds pay for a full year and don't use it. THEY decided to live here part time and that's the cost of buying a residence in the Villages if you don't plan to be here all year long.

It is comments like yours that cause dislike and discontent between full time folks and part time folks. Give it a rest!!!!! I just relax in the Winter and leave for Church an hour before the Mass begins, just to get a parking place and a seat. Also, we eat dinner earlier in Winter, just to be sure to get a table. That's life for me.

Don't cry for me Argentina and I won't cry for you!!!!! :dontknow:
Old 10-28-2007, 11:20 PM

Come on lighten up. We don't hate seasonal people (Snowbirds) we just adjust to their being here.We go to restaurants, stores etc earlier and know it will be harder to get a tee time. I for one realize we need you. The stores and restaurants hate it when the snowbirds are gone. We love summers but know when you all come back we need to be patient.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.