Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2007, 06:41 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

bump
Wanabee future TVer
Old 11-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

I believe that the idea of this thread was to give "negative" things about TV instead of just the positive things. So, some people respond accordingly. That only brings out the people who see things only through rose colored glasses and they think they have a God given right to complain about the negative remarks. There really is nothing wrong with people giving their HONEST opinions, when it is requested of them. If you don't feel that statement is true, then post on some other thread.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Old 11-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Taltarzac

Wind blowing the mail back into the mail center when you open your mail box. This is a problem at least at our Villages mail box. Do not know if other Villagers have this same problem at their mail boxes? :dontknow:
Old 11-26-2007, 09:07 PM

There is no standard "time frame". We have people who have been residents since The Villages was born. Yes they are considered the vetern's, the newbies are the one's who have only been here a couple weeks. I think that everyone falls into this lifestyle so quickly, we become vetern's real quick. Oh and by the way are you from Hamburg, New York? We have family there, well actually they live in the Boston Hills.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:35 PM

Marciak, maybe you should start to use the spell check. As a VETERAN, I take offense at your spelling of the word. :edit:
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Old 11-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Sage
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

I dislike the new speed bumps on the cart path outside of Bridgeport at Lake Sumter. It's even more dangerous now. We almost hit a cart last night. He tried to make it past before the gate went up. This happens much more with the bumps in place. Carts pass over the bump, then try to rush past only to have to slow down again on the other side. We can't see the carts as we exit our village. I tend to stop half way thru the gate and look again so I don't hit anyone. Kids on carts don't seem to know that cars have the right of way. Please use caution at the Bridgeport entrance. It's scary!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:41 PM

Hate to join in the parade, but you get so much here for so little $. This is a really inexpensive place to live, compared to where we came from(northern Virginia), from housing, to movie costs, to price of haircuts. And really a deal when you compare the amenities relative to just a golf course community with 1 club house and 1 or 2 courses.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

BUMP
Wanabee future TVer
Old 11-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Veteran member

BUMP??? :dontknow:
Old 12-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Taltarzac

Bump.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Veteran member

What does Bump mean?
Old 12-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

It brings the topic back to the top of the listing so it is readily viewable again. Some people also put in ttt, which means to the top.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:34 AM

The round outs.........love 'em or hate 'em. Actually saw a guy in the left lane turning left going into a circle........yikes, wrong way Bud.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:41 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gray Hog
The round outs.........love 'em or hate 'em. Actually saw a guy in the left lane turning left going into a circle........yikes, wrong way Bud.
Thank God I have not seen that! Saw a dump truck that tried to take the Tall Trees roundabout too fast and had turned over on its side. >
Old 01-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

I am amazed that this subject i started many months ago is still going and now other people are doing the bump.
we do appreciate everybody's input.
Wanabee future TVer
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.