Is Everybody in TV Super Active?

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2021, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikreb View Post
golf 4 days a week, pickleball 3 days, softball 3 days, bowling 1 day, swimming 2 days, beer almost everyday.
When do you sleep? Whew!
Old 06-22-2021, 05:34 AM

Seems to me, if you want the option of joining clubs, sports, dining out or entertainment, or just relaxing around your home,it is up to you. Depending on one is feeling that day, some days you might feel like doing some activities and some days a person might just want to relax around their home, it's up to you to decide what is best for you.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:44 AM
Default We also live in the villages, and do not do a lot of the activities. I would suggest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
I have a friend who is considering moving to TV. I've answered a lot of his questions the best I can, but he asked me one that I realized I'm not really sure about. So I'm gonna ask it here. I've been here a few years and I'm reasonably active. But I hadn't really thought about how my activity level compares to others. And that is what my friend's question relates to.

He wants to know if people who are relative home-bodies have a place in TV. He says he and his wife will likely enjoy the squares entertainment regularly and some other Villages features, but they may not partake in that many clubs, sports, or other similar Villages attractions. He asked whether that might be an issue in any way. I told him of course that TV is very friendly and they should be just fine. But that got me to thinking about something now I find myself wondering about...

I wonder what the breakdown is between the various levels of activity of Villages residents. There are of course those folks who are super active and busy constantly. But I'm sure there are some folks like my friends who are spend quite a bit of time at home. Then there are all the levels in between.

Anyway, just food for thought. I would love to get ToTV input to share with my friends. I would particularly like to hear from those folks who are more home-bodies. How has your experience in TV been?
I would suggest that they look outside the villages, they can still go to the squares, the only thing is they would not be able to use the golf cart to get to the villages.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:46 AM

That was a beautiful answer
Old 06-22-2021, 05:46 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Hardly ever sit still in TVs! Got to keep moving, way too much to do.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
I have a friend who is considering moving to TV. I've answered a lot of his questions the best I can, but he asked me one that I realized I'm not really sure about. So I'm gonna ask it here. I've been here a few years and I'm reasonably active. But I hadn't really thought about how my activity level compares to others. And that is what my friend's question relates to.

He wants to know if people who are relative home-bodies have a place in TV. He says he and his wife will likely enjoy the squares entertainment regularly and some other Villages features, but they may not partake in that many clubs, sports, or other similar Villages attractions. He asked whether that might be an issue in any way. I told him of course that TV is very friendly and they should be just fine. But that got me to thinking about something now I find myself wondering about...

I wonder what the breakdown is between the various levels of activity of Villages residents. There are of course those folks who are super active and busy constantly. But I'm sure there are some folks like my friends who are spend quite a bit of time at home. Then there are all the levels in between.

Anyway, just food for thought. I would love to get ToTV input to share with my friends. I would particularly like to hear from those folks who are more home-bodies. How has your experience in TV been?
People are active in TV because they can be. If you live in central Wisconsin, from October through March you will become a home body because it’s cold and snowy outside (a reason for snowbirds) so you stay inside and watch football, basketball, hockey, or movies. In TV, you won’t like to pass up the nice weather so you do something and become more active. Life changes in The Villages
Old 06-22-2021, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
The beauty of The Villages is that you have the opportunity to live whatever life style you want, active or couch potato, but opportunities are here if and when you want them.
Exactly why we decided on TV. We get to chose what level of activity we want when we want it.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:17 AM

I agree. I have friends that are both active and homebodies. Both do well in tv, but why pay the extra money if you’re not going to take advantage of the activities? You can buy cheaper, and close enough where you can still go to the squares & restaurants.
I’ve met many people out and about who live in the Del Webb community on 441.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:27 AM

I have the data:

The Villages Relative Activity Index

Active 49%
Not So Active 37%
Still at Happy Hour. 4%
Undecided 10%
Old 06-22-2021, 06:37 AM

There is no village poilice checking to see how busy you are- no one cares if you stay home. Silly question
Old 06-22-2021, 06:46 AM
Veteran member

In general wherever you live in Florida you will be left alone to do as you desire. I mean this from the bottom of my heart even the politicians leave you alone
Old 06-22-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:

I am mostly a recliner potato. You can be as active as you want. People in TV are very friendly. They don’t care how active you are.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:

The Sunday Times used to say you don't need to read it all but it's nice to know it's all here.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikreb View Post
golf 4 days a week, pickleball 3 days, softball 3 days, bowling 1 day, swimming 2 days, beer almost everyday.
So what do you do with the other 8 days of the week?
Old 06-22-2021, 07:14 AM

For us it works great. My husband is a homebody, and I love all the activities. The Villages meets both our needs and desires. We still do things together too, but this is the beauty of The Villages, for us. We can each be as busy or sedentary as we want.
Closed Thread

Tags
folks, active, villages, friends, activity

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.