Exec Course Tee Time

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2021, 03:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Prior to the construction south of 44, there were approximately 1600 homes per executive golf course. There have been 5 new executive golf courses build south of 44, so far. Assuming the same ratio of houses to executive courses, these 5 new courses could support 8000 new homes. I suspect about 8000 new homes have been build south of 44 to date, maybe a bit more. I don't see an issue.
Excellent information. Unfortunately, the myth will probably not due. Along with the myth that "The Developer" builds lots of new houses first and then amenities after.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I don't seem to remember them asking for anything special...
See post 11.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,604 Times in 942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Excellent information. Unfortunately, the myth will probably not due. Along with the myth that "The Developer" builds lots of new houses first and then amenities after.
I seem to recall there a bunch of new executive and championship courses are being built.
Its economics.
The developer builds houses, then when the economics for resident density makes sense - the amenities open. Golf course are amenities and are expense to maintain.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
So, when snowbirds left ( if they ever did ) I thought it'll be easier to book a tee time for 2 of us. In fact, it was easier for a little while. Then what happened? Did snowbirds come back? I can not make any morning tee time anymore till 2-3 pm. But then when we make it out there, it is not that busy. I see 2 some 3 some teeing off all the time. Why are people making reservations and not cancel if they're not going to make it. It used to be that I try 5 pm a day before, I can get a decent tee time. Now I see nothing even when I try 5 min to midnight... Why?
In the two groups I primarily play getting tee times generally no problem. It's getting courses south of 466 we are getting locked out of. This had going on for about 8 months now. We all live north of 466 and there is no reason we should locked out of the southern courses.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I seem to recall there a bunch of new executive and championship courses are being built.
Its economics.
The developer builds houses, then when the economics for resident density makes sense - the amenities open. Golf course are amenities and are expense to maintain.
Huh?
Old 06-22-2021, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
See post 11.
Please show me where in that post where they ask for anything special...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-22-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
Actually #2 is a consideration. Also, given the heat of the day and it appears that it may rain more late morning and afternoon, people seem to want to go out earlier in the day.

#3 is not correct. The only time penalty cancellation points are normally not assigned, is if a weather event is identified by the appropriate Villages department. The weather event could be from stormy/rainy weather or colder weather over the winter. Note too that such events don’t necessarily cover the entire day, but could be tee times between or up to certain identified tee times. Check The Villages golf website as it will post if a weather event is identified and which tee times are impacted.
Where is the current point system regarding cancellation? I used to be able to see it on golfthevillages.com but not anymore..
Old 06-23-2021, 04:55 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Your 11 may not be my 11...........depends how you sort posts.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I didn’t say they asked for anything special, I said they deserve nothing special. They are no different than non-golfing residents who pay into the upkeep in the executive courses but derive no active benefits. They do get to enjoy the green areas that can be seen from their houses, streets or MMP areas.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:57 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
So, when snowbirds left ( if they ever did ) I thought it'll be easier to book a tee time for 2 of us. In fact, it was easier for a little while. Then what happened? Did snowbirds come back? I can not make any morning tee time anymore till 2-3 pm. But then when we make it out there, it is not that busy. I see 2 some 3 some teeing off all the time. Why are people making reservations and not cancel if they're not going to make it. It used to be that I try 5 pm a day before, I can get a decent tee time. Now I see nothing even when I try 5 min to midnight... Why?
BS… since the snowbirds left i’m having no trouble getting a teetime from like 2 PM on on dozens of courses.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:59 AM

It’s the snowbirds that keep your fees as reasonable as they are. I have no way of knowing but I assume most Villages at one time were Snowbirds.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:00 AM

Quote:
I agree with 1 and 2 and 3 I did not know. That is a bad policy and explains why no one cancels. I book my reservation on 12:30 am earliest anyone can. Still no luck..
I play with two different groups of guys on executive courses on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. We always seem to be able to get a tee time when requested. You might not be putting in a large enough window of time or listing enough course choices. Also many are closed on various days because of maintenance . You can check out the schedule of when they are closed and not choose them when making your request.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi
Default Thanks about being truthful full in getting a tee time in the golf courses

Quote:
These are some of the thing that are never told when you are buying at the villages.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Oh trust me, we left. I cannot stand the thought of 78 degree dewpoints.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:42 AM

I have lived here 3 years, never had a problem getting a tee time. I often hear people complain of difficulty getting a tee time, don't understand. Maybe a relaxing tea time would help.
Closed Thread

Tags
time, tee, make, easier, snowbirds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.