Exec Course Tee Time

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2021, 06:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Obtaining tee times on the executive courses, via a request, can be challenging during snowbird season under some conditions. If you have a large group with a relatively high average number of points, you want to play in the morning, and you are selective as to where you will play then you may be denied a tee time. This does happen. Extending the time window, including more courses, and excluding those individuals with a high number of points (which will bring down the average), will improve the chances of obtaining tee times via a request. Also, the most northern courses and the most southern courses (south of 44) appear to have less demand so including those in the request will also help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1 View Post
I have lived here 3 years, never had a problem getting a tee time. I often hear people complain of difficulty getting a tee time, don't understand. Maybe a relaxing tea time would help.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:00 AM

Been making reservations 4 times per week and have not been blocked out since the snow birds left and only got blocked out 3 times during snow bird season. Make your reservations earlier, that might help
Old 06-23-2021, 07:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
So, when snowbirds left ( if they ever did ) I thought it'll be easier to book a tee time for 2 of us. In fact, it was easier for a little while. Then what happened? Did snowbirds come back? I can not make any morning tee time anymore till 2-3 pm. But then when we make it out there, it is not that busy. I see 2 some 3 some teeing off all the time. Why are people making reservations and not cancel if they're not going to make it. It used to be that I try 5 pm a day before, I can get a decent tee time. Now I see nothing even when I try 5 min to midnight... Why?
Making a morning tee time in the heat of summer is a great idea. That is why everyone is doing it.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I think you actually mean "request", not "reservation". The order of when the requests are made doesn't matter in regard to your chances of obtaining a tee time. All of the requests are processed between midnight and 12:30AM, 3 days in advance. For example, requests for Sunday are processed Thursday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs631 View Post
Been making reservations 4 times per week and have not been blocked out since the snow birds left and only got blocked out 3 times during snow bird season. Make your reservations earlier, that might help
Old 06-23-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
I think you actually mean "request", not "reservation". The order of when the requests are made doesn't matter in regard to your chances of obtaining a tee time. All of the requests are processed between midnight and 12:30AM, 3 days in advance. For example, requests for Sunday are processed Thursday morning.
Most probably get a tee time because my requests have a large time window and large selection of courses. What ever it is, it works for me
Old 06-23-2021, 07:26 AM

Bingo!! You are correct. After 55 years in Florida I’ve grown fond of SUMMER early mornings. Thank you.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
1. It used to be that thee were only 65000 Villagers. Now there are 120,000?!

2. While to he population has increased, the developer has not built an equivalent number of new executive courses.

3. Used to be you got less points against you if you canceled your teetime, not anymore -- don't have a clue why they made that change. So now, why be there canceling? At least that seems to be the attitude of many.

Why the heck don't you put in a request in advance instead o do hoping to find something last minute?!
The population might have increased to 120,000, but the is not full time. Additionally, I doubt that they are all golfers. As a matter of fact, the majority of new buyers are not golfers.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERENITY52 View Post
The population might have increased to 120,000, but the is not full time. Additionally, I doubt that they are all golfers. As a matter of fact, the majority of new buyers are not golfers.
I don't know that. How do you???? Care to cite a source for that "fact"
Old 06-23-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1 View Post
I have lived here 3 years, never had a problem getting a tee time. I often hear people complain of difficulty getting a tee time, don't understand. Maybe a relaxing tea time would help.
Some folks play 4-5 rounds per week, they fail to understand how the point system works. The more points, the lesser chance of getting reservations. BTW, no shows are 3 points vs. 2 for cancellations.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Your 11 may not be my 11...........depends how you sort posts.
My post #11 states this:

"Those darn snowbirds!

Having the nerve to utilize amenities for 3 or 4 months that they pay for, for 12 months."

Yours?

-Tom Petty
Old 06-23-2021, 08:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
I didn’t say they asked for anything special, I said they deserve nothing special. They are no different than non-golfing residents who pay into the upkeep in the executive courses but derive no active benefits. They do get to enjoy the green areas that can be seen from their houses, streets or MMP areas.
Why would you say that "they deserve nothing special" if you didn't think they were asking for something special?

-Tom Petty
Old 06-23-2021, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
Where is the current point system regarding cancellation? I used to be able to see it on golfthevillages.com but not anymore..
The information is in a “Golfing in The Villages” brochure linked document. You can find the link under “Requesting A Tee Time” option on the “Golfing In The Villages” web page.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Why would you say that "they deserve nothing special" if you didn't think they were asking for something special?
What is it with you? People get things all the time without asking. Are you a thin skinned snowbird? If so, my apologies. Good grief.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
What is it with you? People get things all the time without asking. Are you a thin skinned snowbird? If so, my apologies. Good grief.
If they don't ask, why would you say they think they "deserve" anything?

I constantly get compliments on my "boyish good looks", yet I don't expect nor think I "deserve" anything for what God has blessed me...

And to your other insult... No... I'm a year round bird, coming and going as I see fit...

I'll be back down this Saturday, and again for 2 weeks in August...

Any other insults, er... I mean questions?

-Tom Petty
Old 06-23-2021, 02:35 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,051 Times in 289 Posts

Wow, we must have bought in the right place. We have 6 Exec courses within 15 min, and have never had a problem getting a morning tee time. I reserved Friday 7:20 at Santiago just this morning for my wife and I, and so far, we've got it to ourselves. In the afternoon I could walk on at my closest two courses just about any day, even when the snowbirds were here.

We haven't been here long, but some of these complainer threads just don't jibe with our experience. It makes me wonder if they're started by people who just like stirring the pot. Maybe they need a hobby. How about Golf!
Closed Thread

Tags
time, tee, make, easier, snowbirds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.