Exiting Gate

Exiting Gate

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-04-2019, 07:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
You can even have fun with it, if you have a tailgater following you put your brakes on as you exit the gate and watch as they Sh#$ their shorts
You'd think that would break their habit of tailgating but some don't get it. It's best to act as though they are not there but they desire the attention they bring to themselves.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:10 AM
Veteran member

When exiting, as long as the car behind has broken the beam, the arm will stay up. Can't see anything rude in that at all.
Entering is a whole different ball game.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
The exit gates stay up a lot longer than the entrance gates. Plus, the sensors that open the exit gates are located further back to make sure the gate opens so you don't have to come to a complete stop as you do going in the entrance gate. Even if they start coming down before you reach the gate, unless you are going way too fast, they should open up by the time you reach them. I'm talking about EXIT gates, not entrance gates. Tailgating through entrance gates is extremely rude and dangerous, IMHO.
I don't think it is even possible to tailgate through an entrance gate. Those gates come down very quickly.

Now for the exit gates......I've counted as many as 8 (yes eight) cars exit through a gate with the gate remaining up the entire time. The timing of an exit gate is not like the entrance gates. People caravan through the exits all the time. Take a look and see for yourself.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I always wait for the gate to start to come down, then approach, and it will reverse direction.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I don't think it is even possible to tailgate through an entrance gate. Those gates come down very quickly.

Now for the exit gates......I've counted as many as 8 (yes eight) cars exit through a gate with the gate remaining up the entire time. The timing of an exit gate is not like the entrance gates. People caravan through the exits all the time. Take a look and see for yourself.

Yes, the exit gates are activated by an electric eye........about 10 feet prior to the gate.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:33 PM

The exit gates are meant to facilitate traffic between the cars and MMP. If cars tailgate, carts and cyclist cannot cross. Think of it as a stop sign, which is exactly what it turns into when a tailgater breaks the gate.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Not rude just not wise when the arm comes down and marks up your car
There is an eye to keep the gate open and it will not come down on you. You do not have to be right on the tail of the car in front just in front of the eye.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:01 PM
Platinum member

I think it would be very rude to wait until the exit gate arms go down before you try to exit. There are some gates with stoplights just outside the gates. Can you imagine how PO'd the people in line waiting to exit would get if they had to wait until the gate went down after every car. They would have to wait for multiple light changes. Use your head folks.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:27 AM

Yup, the "exit" gates stay up till all vehicles are long gone. You can even stop under an open gate and it will stay up.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:00 AM

Finally some common sense when it comes to exit gates . They are to keep traffic moving . Remember , golf carts crossing have stop signs , exit gates do not . You are not suppose to stop to let carts pass through .

Tags
gate, distance, bar, ahead, wait