External TV antenna for local channels

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2021, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I recommend checking with ARC in your area before installing an external antenna, even if neighbors are doing it. Instead, I would recommend an OTA antenna in your attic. We are not far from many TV towers.
Unless you put the antenna in the middle of your front yard, I doubt you’d have a problem with the ARC. The legal precedents for homeowners installing antenna on their roofs are pretty strong.

But I agree with you 100% that you should go with an antenna in the attic if you can. Outdoor antennas are unsightly. Tom of VILLAGES AV is your man for that job.

Most of the towers with the major networks are near Orlando, not close at all to the Villages. An indoor, cheapo antenna is not likely to pick up much at all.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post
I had not heard about WESH moving to UHF. This is great news as my antenna in the attic, installed by Tom of Villages AV, has never been able to pick up WESH (NBC). It looks like it is moving to UHF on June 22. So in 4 days, do a rescan and we should be able to get it now!
Just caught up with the other thread…move to UHF has shifted to Jun 30
Old 06-18-2021, 11:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Absolutely not necessary. No political entity can interfere with your ability to receive tv signals. That's by federal law.
Well, the FCC disagrees with you. If you actually read the FCC rules, you would find you CAN put up an antenna, BUT, where you put it, and how you put it can be regulated.

Sorry, but nothing political here, you brought that up. Sigh, it seems someone has to no matter what the topic.
Old 06-19-2021, 03:11 AM

We paid about $200.00 for an antenna, including installation, mounted on a pole which extends past the peak of our roof. Bought it at the Market of Marion. Works well, about 50 channels, but not during bad weather, of course. We supplement this with Sling, about $50.000 / month, which includes sports channels, as I am a tennis fan.
Closed Thread

Tags
range, external, channels, local, antenna

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.