Face mask

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-02-2020, 08:43 PM
nhbear nhbear is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default Face mask

Dose anyone have a face mask pattern , want to make for workers .Thanks
  #2  
Old 04-02-2020, 08:49 PM
Koapaka Koapaka is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 194
Thanks: 777
Thanked 187 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbear View Post
Dose anyone have a face mask pattern , want to make for workers .Thanks

Thank you for helping be part of the solution!

DIY Face Mask with Elastic in 10 minutes - Sewing Tutorial - YouTube

For BEGINNERS! ❤ How To Make A Fabric Face Mask At Home Easy - YouTube

Both of these will help you make them. And might want to make one for anyone in your family that HAS to venture out for food/necessities as well. This info came out this afternoon.

Public health experts: Americans should be wearing masks in public amid coronavirus
  #3  
Old 04-03-2020, 06:31 AM
nhbear nhbear is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Thank you
  #4  
Old 04-03-2020, 06:37 AM
Lindsyburnsy Lindsyburnsy is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 249
Thanks: 965
Thanked 464 Times in 151 Posts
Default

You can get a pattern online including a video.
  #5  
Old 04-03-2020, 07:00 AM
Kilmacowen Kilmacowen is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 213
Thanks: 1
Thanked 126 Times in 65 Posts
Default

I have already made dozens of face masks. 3D ones that will fit over N95, thus extending there use for first responders. Other ones that have a pocket on the back where a hepa filter can be inserted, or a folder paper towel. I have given these to family, friends and workers at grocery checkout and cvs.

My nearest Joanns is closed now and only online with curbside ,certain hours are available. Elastic supply has run out two weeks ago. I went to dollar store and purchased pony tail elastics, otherwise, you could make ties.

Of course, one still must practice social distances. Keep safe
  #6  
Old 04-03-2020, 07:32 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 6,465
Thanks: 664
Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,812 Posts
Default

Here is a super simple mask. One paper towel, 4 staples, 2 rubber bands.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Face Mask.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	83471  
  #7  
Old 04-03-2020, 07:40 AM
Robbie0723 Robbie0723 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 982
Thanks: 643
Thanked 697 Times in 313 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmacowen View Post
I have already made dozens of face masks. 3D ones that will fit over N95, thus extending there use for first responders. Other ones that have a pocket on the back where a hepa filter can be inserted, or a folder paper towel. I have given these to family, friends and workers at grocery checkout and cvs.

My nearest Joanns is closed now and only online with curbside ,certain hours are available. Elastic supply has run out two weeks ago. I went to dollar store and purchased pony tail elastics, otherwise, you could make ties.

Of course, one still must practice social distances. Keep safe
Bunge cords are full of elastic.
  #8  
Old 04-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Kilmacowen Kilmacowen is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 213
Thanks: 1
Thanked 126 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Here is a super simple mask. One paper towel, 4 staples, 2 rubber bands.
I like this, can be disposed, single use. I have been using a mask and gloves for two weeks despite gov saying no need. Didn't make sense.

You need to give a link for instructions for making.
  #9  
Old 04-03-2020, 09:01 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 6,465
Thanks: 664
Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,812 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmacowen View Post
I like this, can be disposed, single use. I have been using a mask and gloves for two weeks despite gov saying no need. Didn't make sense.

You need to give a link for instructions for making.
Sorry, no link. It is my own design (patent pending). Just take a strong paper towel, fold over one inch, turn over, fold another inch, etc. to create a pleated towel. Then, insert a rubber band over each end, fold over and staple each end twice. You can add a piece of cloth to the inside. Good luck.
  #10  
Old 04-03-2020, 10:58 AM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17,550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3,205 Times in 907 Posts
Default

Masks....finally getting the attention.

My post regarding mask availability from another thread bears repeating here (in my opinion):

The mask requirement is long overdue.
All the information/data form Korea, Japan and China indicate masks are a significant contributor to flattening their curves.

The notion here in the USA that they are needed for the public to conserve supplies for the medical was/is not very good planning.

The companies that produce or are capable of producing should have been ordered to ramp up production for the inevitable call for masks.
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain

Last edited by billethkid; 04-03-2020 at 11:31 AM.
  #11  
Old 04-03-2020, 12:35 PM
Advogado Advogado is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,024
Thanks: 59
Thanked 670 Times in 222 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Here is a super simple mask. One paper towel, 4 staples, 2 rubber bands.
Here is the simplest instructional video that I have come across. (It is in Spanish but is self-explanatory.) I hope this helps.

Throughout Asia, just about everybody is wearing a mask in public-- not an N95 but in recognition of the fact that any mask will serve to reduce the number of viruses floating around in the air and landing on people and surfaces. Finally, our public health officials are waking up to this fact.

How to make disposable face mask from paper towel in just 2 minutes - YouTube
  #12  
Old 04-03-2020, 01:00 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 6,465
Thanks: 664
Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,812 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
Here is the simplest instructional video that I have come across. (It is in Spanish but is self-explanatory.) I hope this helps.

Throughout Asia, just about everybody is wearing a mask in public-- not an N95 but in recognition of the fact that any mask will serve to reduce the number of viruses floating around in the air and landing on people and surfaces. Finally, our public health officials are waking up to this fact.

How to make disposable face mask from paper towel in just 2 minutes - YouTube
I think she stole my design. Does anyone know a good patent attorney? By the way, my design uses 2 staples on each end, not one. More strength.
  #13  
Old 04-03-2020, 03:26 PM
NotGolfer NotGolfer is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 3,417
Thanks: 1,397
Thanked 433 Times in 176 Posts
Default

Hobby Lobby has a tutorial online...was told if you order supplies from Michael's (we don't have H.L. here) they will deliver. Haven't tried the ordering yet but just got this from someone whose doing this.
Closed Thread

Tags
face, mask, dose, pattern, make

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.