Failing Storm Sewers

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Here is something to consider.

It is indeed possible to be wealthy and honest at the same time. It is indeed possible to build a thriving business through good sound practices without greed, deception, or fraud. It is indeed possible for the grandchildren of a businessman to continue the business with the same sense of pride and honor as was shown in the early days.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:12 PM
Sage

Remember most codes are the barest acceptable minimum, the Titanic had enough lifeboats per code @ the time
Old 09-10-2018, 02:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post

It is indeed possible to be wealthy and honest at the same time. It is indeed possible to build a thriving business through good sound practices without greed, deception, or fraud. It is indeed possible for the grandchildren of a businessman to continue the business with the same sense of pride and honor as was shown in the early days.
Key word here is "possible". Sure, it's possible, albeit highly unlikely, in most cases anyways. JMHO.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 09-10-2018, 02:28 PM

So you are saying that myself and many other Villagers that were successful, built thriving businesses and are financially well off are not honest. That is a pretty all encompassing group of people thru out the world that are well off but dishonest. I know that I have never shied away from making a dollar and saving a dollar but can emphatically say that it was all and still is done honestly and legally. That kind of statement that the well off are not honest or the poor are lazy is just the sort of thing that has this country with the issues it has now. Must be hard on you to see all the dishonest people that live in The Villages
Old 09-10-2018, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

I am also an engineer and all of this is very interesting. However, I don't think hiring lawyers will result in any benefit to anyone except the lawyers.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Some seem to always be of the mindset that someone is out “to get me, cheat me, scam me”. Yes, those things happen but I don’t want to be a person who always assumes the worst. Some people like to believe that those who have “more” took it from them. I say the Universe provides enough for all. You will get what you choose to work for. Off soapbox now.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Key word here is "possible". Sure, it's possible, albeit highly unlikely, in most cases anyways. JMHO.
Wow....not sure how to respond to that....

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-10-2018, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
So you are saying that myself and many other Villagers that were successful, built thriving businesses and are financially well off are not honest. That is a pretty all encompassing group of people thru out the world that are well off but dishonest. I know that I have never shied away from making a dollar and saving a dollar but can emphatically say that it was all and still is done honestly and legally. That kind of statement that the well off are not honest or the poor are lazy is just the sort of thing that has this country with the issues it has now. Must be hard on you to see all the dishonest people that live in The Villages
That will work..

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-10-2018, 03:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post

I really wish TOTV had a like button.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
What failures? Can someone provide a link to an article or something? Please remember some of us haven't yet purchased a home in TV and are using the ToTV forums to learn as much as we can before making that decision.
Don't base your decision on a few "pot stirrers" who are in the minority of Villagers. Or for that matter don't believe everything you read on here...…………………...
Old 09-10-2018, 03:23 PM

I think I have an Ike button somewhere.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Wow....not sure how to respond to that....
I'll second that!
Old 09-11-2018, 06:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
I really wish TOTV had a like button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Don't base your decision on a few "pot stirrers" who are in the minority of Villagers. Or for that matter don't believe everything you read on here...…………………...

BOTH echo my thoughts exactly!
Closed Thread

Tags
storm, years, sewers, systems, sewer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.