Family housing in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2020, 06:32 AM

New families not have access to all our amenities? There are plenty of younger people now in golf carts using our amenities. Will there be golf cart police asking for id’s to see if it’s a grandchild tool in’ around or a naughty invader?
Old 08-07-2020, 06:56 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
While there are some areas of family housing now in the Villages, I wonder what impact the much, much larger area planned for Southern Oaks will have on our senior lifestyle. I can see both the positive and negatives with hopefully more positives for the Villages as a whole.

A concern of mine would be if the younger people residing in these new areas would have access to all Village amenities. If they do, my pickleball game will need to be stepped up to compete.

Maybe more young people in the Villages will keep us younger. It may make a change to our Village senior lifestyle as we have become accustomed to. As it will take 5 or more years for these changes to take place, it's something to think about in planning for the future.
I love the idea of having more youth around. I agree games may be harder to win against them, but it's so refreshing to see all age groups. I especially love seeing the little ones dancing in the square!
Old 08-07-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
My hairdresser said the "family housing" owners would not have golf cart access to TV.

Hairdressers always know. It’s gospel.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgolfers View Post
What is the name of the VIllage that has the current family housing?
Oxford Oaks, not even physically connected to TV. Beautiful housing, so will this be! Should be a great asset to the area!
Old 08-07-2020, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelah View Post
New families not have access to all our amenities? There are plenty of younger people now in golf carts using our amenities. Will there be golf cart police asking for id’s to see if it’s a grandchild tool in’ around or a naughty invader?
People who are younger than 19 are not allowed to LIVE in The Villages. Younger children may visit for up to 30 days a year.

People who are older than fourteen are allowed to drive golfcarts in Florida.

Some of them are snots.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
What is the name of the Village that has the current family housing?
1. Spring Arbor
2. Bison Valley
3. Oak Meadows
4. Oxford Oaks

Last edited by champion6; 08-08-2020 at 08:15 AM. Reason: corrected error
Old 08-07-2020, 07:36 AM
Default Family village

Quote:
What is the name of the VIllage that has the current family housing?
Oxford Oaks and Bison Valley
Old 08-07-2020, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
1. Spring Arbor
2. Bison Valley
3. Parkwood
4. Oxford Oaks
Parkwood and Oxford Oaks have their own swimming pools, tennis courts, playgrounds, basketball courts, and in the case of Oxford Oaks, pickle ball courts.

I expect the new family neighborhood will also have their own amenities.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:59 AM
Default Seriously

Really!
Cigar smoking in your face, drinking and driving golf cart folks talking about the inability of our youth to act correctly! Seriously, where do you think they learned there bad youth habits from!
Instead of crying about the youth maybe just consider who is going to take care of you and your home in the near future. Embrace today's youth and teach them right from wrong not
" Don't Come In My Neighborhood"
Old 08-07-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
While there are some areas of family housing now in the Villages, I wonder what impact the much, much larger area planned for Southern Oaks will have on our senior lifestyle. I can see both the positive and negatives with hopefully more positives for the Villages as a whole.

A concern of mine would be if the younger people residing in these new areas would have access to all Village amenities. If they do, my pickleball game will need to be stepped up to compete.

Maybe more young people in the Villages will keep us younger. It may make a change to our Village senior lifestyle as we have become accustomed to. As it will take 5 or more years for these changes to take place, it's something to think about in planning for the future.
Yep, I don’t like that either. Don’t want families here. UGH. So much for my “forever” home in the villages.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelah View Post
The young kids in golf carts you see now are visiting their grandparents. It was stated that the new family neighborhoods would not have golf cart access to TV.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:11 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Confirmation. My bartender agrees!
He also asked what difference does it make today......5+ years out.
Do you plan on not being here in 5 years?
Old 08-07-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
It would be nice for people who are younger but work in The Villages to be able to purchase homes in the safety of The Villages and also have access to nearby new charter schools. Having one neighborhood where kids living there permanently are welcomed is nice in that the kids will have playmates down the street, and after school and summer activities will be closer. Kids may also be able to find local part time jobs. It must be discouraging for some people to work here but have to live in surrounding communities or even off in Ocala. I wouldn’t like commuting an hour each way to here from a house in Ocala, working all day, and wondering if my kids are safe there or getting into trouble. I would sacrifice a lot to have safe neighborhoods and great schools for my kids.

I find it hard to believe that there would be no amenities fee, and there would probably be the same bond. I suspect the houses will be around the same price per square foot as what is being built now. That means the housing may be 50% to 100% more expensive than equivalent housing outside The Villages a mile away. Quite possibly most of the employees of The Villages would not be able to afford such housing. It would mean sacrificing house size and lot size in exchange for the benefits of being here. I assume there would be a local golf course and pool, ball fields and soccer field and exercise center for local kids. I suspect that even if the new owners have access to all the amenities—and I hope they will—that won’t affect many current residents. There are so many golf courses to choose from. So what if one foursome per day from there is added to each course? So what if a handful of teens decide to try every course once or each pool? So what if a few people want to come play cards or do crafts? It’s not like there will no longer be room for us.

It seems like a good move, and I think a lot of employees will appreciate it.
As far as prices they are considerably cheaper in these neighborhoods. They are listed on The Villages sales website. When I was shopping for a house I would see a house for an amazing price compared to others I had seen. When I looked at the Village name I realized it was in a family neighborhood.
Those neighborhoods are great for people who work in and around the Villages and I imagine some Villager’s children and grandchildren live in them.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:23 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The young kids in golf carts you see now are visiting their grandparents. It was stated that the new family neighborhoods would not have golf cart access to TV.
I can't find where this was stated or mentioned. Things change over time. Both families and older adults will have access to the new Charter schools and new medical facilities. It will be interesting to see how things are done in the future.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:21 AM
Gold member

Oak Meadows, behind Target have access to all MMPs, which some call an amenity.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, senior, lifestyle, family, housing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.