Family housing in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgolfers View Post
What is the name of the VIllage that has the current family housing?
Are you thinking of Oxford Oaks on 301? It is beautiful development of Villages homes, outside of The Villages.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:43 AM

They already have golf cart access.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndomines View Post
You may want to consider something other than pickleball.
Our neighborhood is getting treated to a loud motorcycle whose driver likes to throttle up a lot! Guess he thinks we all love his louder than normal stick mufflers.
Then there are the loud subwoofers ratting houses as we all get to marvel at the car with the rap music driving by is another thing to conclude. And yes it’s our neighborhood as well. This guy is no where near age 55.
QUOTE=twoplanekid;1813467]While there are some areas of family housing now in the Villages, I wonder what impact the much, much larger area planned for Southern Oaks will have on our senior lifestyle. I can see both the positive and negatives with hopefully more positives for the Villages as a whole.

A concern of mine would be if the younger people residing in these new areas would have access to all Village amenities. If they do, my pickleball game will need to be stepped up to compete.

Maybe more young people in the Villages will keep us younger. It may make a change to our Village senior lifestyle as we have become accustomed to. As it will take 5 or more years for these changes to take place, it's something to think about in planning for the future.
[/QUOTE]

There are no family areas within The Villages. There are family areas outside of The Villages. There cannot, by law, be any family areas within The Villages. Where does this perception come from that there are family areas in an age restricted community ?
Old 08-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

The link to what was in the paper "Continuing the Dream" => https://www.nxtbook.com/thevillages/...ndex.php/#/p/4
Old 08-07-2020, 11:18 AM

We don’t need kids around here. I’m not being cranky, kids are great, but they are the most troublesome cohort, by far, when it comes to crime. Don’t need them in the stores, as patrons or workers. Bad idea! Plus, do we really need a new school? What’s that going to do to your property taxes? Raise them a lot! Add these kids in, and the Villages is just another community.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:51 AM
Veteran member

Spring Arbor is a family village. They do not access by golf cart to the rest of the villages. They pay $35 monthly in amenities fees. I do not think Parkwood is part of TV. Bison Valley does have golf cart access to the rest of TV.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:23 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
We don’t need kids around here. I’m not being cranky, kids are great, but they are the most troublesome cohort, by far, when it comes to crime. Don’t need them in the stores, as patrons or workers. Bad idea! Plus, do we really need a new school? What’s that going to do to your property taxes? Raise them a lot! Add these kids in, and the Villages is just another community.
Without the Charter Schools what doctor, lawyer, dentist etc would work in or around The Villages. Some people never look at the big picture. PS The children that attend the Village Charter Schools have to have a parent working in the Villages. Think Publix, all the resteraunts, hair dressers, nurses, Eye Doctors. I think you get my point. What parent wants to have their child enrolled in the Florida Public School System if they can help it. I've said my piece now watch me get attacked for trying to print the real reasons, I worked extra hours to keep my son out of Milwaukee Public Schools, Len The retired half of Investment Painting.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors View Post
Without the Charter Schools what doctor, lawyer, dentist etc would work in or around The Villages. Some people never look at the big picture. PS The children that attend the Village Charter Schools have to have a parent working in the Villages. Think Publix, all the resteraunts, hair dressers, nurses, Eye Doctors. I think you get my point. What parent wants to have their child enrolled in the Florida Public School System if they can help it. I've said my piece now watch me get attacked for trying to print the real reasons, I worked extra hours to keep my son out of Milwaukee Public Schools, Len The retired half of Investment Painting.
I also believe is that if a business rents their property from the The Villages that also gives them access. I agree that the "who needs kids" poster is very short sighted and not very well informed.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-07-2020, 05:35 PM

When I moved here in 2000 I went to the Santiago pool. It was full of little kids. I asked about it and was told it ways a family pool so must be grandchildren. Upon further questioning I was told that families that work here in The Villages and live in one of the family villages were allowed to use any family pool. Now at that time there was only two family villages for employees. Now there are 4. Don’t know if that is still the case or not.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelah View Post
New families not have access to all our amenities? There are plenty of younger people now in golf carts using our amenities. Will there be golf cart police asking for id’s to see if it’s a grandchild tool in’ around or a naughty invader?
As far as I know the only “family village” is Oxford Oaks. What are the other 3?
Old 08-07-2020, 07:11 PM

Currently, there are 4 "Family" villages that are owned by The Villages, and all 4 are in the north section of The Villages along or near 466. For those who are not familiar with them, they are:

1. Village of Oak Meadows - located near the Target shopping plaza on 441 and Rolling Acres. They do have golf cart access to the rest of The Villages from the road behind the Fiesta Bowling alley onto Avenida Central.

2. Village of Spring Arbor - located right off 466 between Morse Blvd and Rolling Acres Rd. It is across the street from the new apartment complex being built on 466. That village does not have golf cart access to the rest of The Villages

3. Village of Bison Valley - located near the intersection of 466 and CR 101 (by the Southern Trace shopping plaza). It is actually at the intersection of Woodridge Dr. and 101, and is behind the Bealls and Marshalls/Home Goods store. They do have golf cart access to the rest of The Villages from the road behind the Bealls and Marshalls/Home Goods store onto Woodridge Drive.

4. Village of Oxford Oaks - located just south of the intersection of 466 and US 301. That village does not have golf cart access to the rest of The Villages.

So the reported expansion of "Family" housing in the area south of the turnpike is the first that is in the southern section of The Villages. Whether those new area will have golf cart access to the rest of The Villages is yet to be seen. There are several other non-Villages owned neighborhood areas built around The Villages, but these do not have golf cart access.

I hope this sets the record straight.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:00 PM
Default Family Housing

In the Villages paper the developer stated that there would be bike paths and cart paths in the family area. This is to help workers to be able to get to work by cart or bike. So does that mean that they will pay an amenity fee?
Old 08-09-2020, 04:20 PM

Bison Valley off Cr 101 behind Marshall’s
Old 08-11-2020, 02:15 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
We lived in a beach community in New Jersey . As more families moved in the teenagers harassed the seniors including us. The parents of these kids didn’t care as long as they were out of the house. Eventually most of us moved to 55+ communities. Many of you don’t know the dirty tricks the developer has used to get his way. If you like kids in your community then why did you move to a 55+ community?
Old 08-11-2020, 02:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
1. Spring Arbor
2. Bison Valley
3. Oak Meadows
4. Oxford Oaks
These are not part of The Villages. No new family developments will be part of The Villages. Why is it so hard to understand? The Villages is chartered as an age restricted community under federal regulations.

If these planned family developments are not part of The Villages, why would anyone care? They are necessary to the infrastructure of the local counties as well as to The Villages as they staff the businesses upon which Villagers depend for food, maintenance, lawn care, street repair, etc. etc.

If total isolation from the outside world was so important, why buy in The Villages?

Tags
villages, senior, lifestyle, family, housing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.