Far from Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Sage
Default Far from Brownwood

I had thought when I bought a house in Hemingway that I would be closer to the new town square than to the older ones. But I see that Brownwood is about 6 miles from my house, not close at all. Somewhat disappointing.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

well, Hemingway is about dab smack in the middle of TV, don't know that you can ask for a more central location. you can always move to a new area closer to Brownwood if it's a real issue.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Gold member
Default Tamarind Grove

There a few lots left and I hear some that will be going back into resale soon as people cannpt move their homes. ( Been ther done that! )

Tamarind Grove is a nice location. Quick run up to LSL or down to the new Town Square.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Location of Brownwood

I have to admit that I was a bit confused as to the location of Brownwood.

As you know, I do go right to the horse's mouth (Well....close but no cigar...I'll never tell!)

The developer wants their major shopping/dining/entertainment spots closer to a major roadway. In this case, 44.....for a number of reasons.

The careful reasoning and of course, well-thought out plans for the location of Brownwood is because of the buinesses that the developer wants to attract. The developer is concerned about access and exposure. The developer wants good quality business partners which will allow for the widest variety of services.

The developer is concerned about desirable traffic patterns. You who have been in TV can see that the developer has planned the community to keep the more highly traveled roads separate from the residential areas as much as possible.

Brownwood is the perfect location for Big Event Entertainment "Destinations". The developer planned for parking, crowd control, increased activity for their businesses, etc. Most people living in TV want to be able to choose to go downtown.....they don't want to LIVE downtown and around all these issues every day.

So....hopefully, for those interested, this explains the reasons why Brownwood was built in that location. Obviously, there was a LOT of careful planning.

I for one am very happy about the location. I'm in St. James and it's the best of both worlds there. LSL and Brownwood...we are smack in the middle.

That's the swimdawg update.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Sage

Swimdawg, you are absolutely right, as usual. Thanks for your clear thinking
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Veteran member

Swimdawg,
Thanks for the explaniation. BTW, I know very well where Wheatfield is. I grew up in the 14001 (Akron)!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

For all you wannabes. You should check out the location of any lots/homes you are thinking of buying. It is way to late after the fact to be so disapointed that you are so far from a town square. Duh!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I had thought when I bought a house in Hemingway that I would be closer to the new town square than to the older ones. But I see that Brownwood is about 6 miles from my house, not close at all. Somewhat disappointing.
Not that I live over way out there but I thought Brownwood would have been closer to 466A. I guess building south of 44 is not unreasonable so that Brownwood would be a midpoint to someplace.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Sage

Well, as Swimdawg pointed out, Hemingway will eventually be the exact center of TV
Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM

the villages had to annex a certain number of acres for commercial use into the city limits of wildwood... that is part of the reason brownwood is where it is.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Well, as Swimdawg pointed out, Hemingway will eventually be the exact center of TV
When we bought our house in Poinciana we were told that the center of the Villages is the historic house on Buena Vista at the circle with Bonita. When I drive to Mulberry from my house it's about 8.5 miles. I believe Brownwood will be about 6 miles.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 04-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I did a little checking, using Google Earth measurements, to try and find more accurately where the center of The Villages is. The points given so far didn't sound right to me. What I found is that it's impossible to guess the exact center of The Villages unless it's done mathematically by engineers, and that's because the longitude & latitude distances from north to south and east to west are all variable depending on at what point they're taken.

The best I could figure out is that north to south, the center would range from Lake Sumter Landing to a point in Virginia Trace at about Canal St and Haynesville Lane. That's almost 5K from the north and another 5K from the south. The variable is because the Villages bottom longitude is angled from east to west. (Forget the east to west center point because of the extensive longitude variations) You can see the variations heading from Brownwood eastward to the eastern end of Rt. 44 in the Sumter master plan of the Villages. http://www.sumtercountyfl.gov/Docume....aspx?DID=3350 (PDF Document)

If you find my figures are off, my name is Jose Schwartz and I live in Alaska!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-05-2012, 05:15 PM

I am new to the Villages and still trying find my way around. Does anyone know how far the village of Buttonwood is from Brownwood. I think I need to buy a map.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I did a little checking, using Google Earth measurements, to try and find more accurately where the center of The Villages is. The points given so far didn't sound right to me. What I found is that it's impossible to guess the exact center of The Villages unless it's done mathematically by engineers, and that's because the longitude & latitude distances from north to south and east to west are all variable depending on at what point they're taken.

The best I could figure out is that north to south, the center would range from Lake Sumter Landing to a point in Virginia Trace at about Canal St and Haynesville Lane. That's almost 5K from the north and another 5K from the south. The variable is because the Villages bottom longitude is angled from east to west. (Forget the east to west center point because of the extensive longitude variations) You can see the variations heading from Brownwood eastward to the eastern end of Rt. 44 in the Sumter master plan of the Villages. http://www.sumtercountyfl.gov/Docume....aspx?DID=3350 (PDF Document)

If you find my figures are off, my name is Jose Schwartz and I live in Alaska!
SkyGuy: It is my understanding that anyone who built above Mallory was required to go to the Brownwood Square
Old 04-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Platinum member

It's just a golf cart ride away. We are retired, slow down.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.