Far Too Much Misinformation

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Question Water Rates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
It appears the activity on this forum has increased in the past few months. Many more viewing, more threads and more responses. That's the good news.

There also seems to be an increase in the amount of erroneous information. That is the bad news.

A lot of this can have serious consequences. People asking for information may rely on the answers they get here. However, those answers may be from self styled experts who are wrong. There are even cases of others correcting the error only to replace it with another error.

I am not referring to questions such as electric cart vs. gas cart or new vs. resale. Anyone asking about subjects such as those will expect opinions. However, much more serious questions are asked. They include bond issues, taxes, our form of government, IRS issue and more. People deserve correct answers as they may be making a big decision and that decision could depend on the answer they get here.

This problem is out of the hands of the Admins. They cannot be expected to check the accuracy of every post. It is in our hands. Let's get our facts right before responding.

My comments are not meant to include the political forum or any sub forum or question requesting an opinion.
OK, so here's a straight-forward, asking-for-the-facts type-of-question. I've seen statements on the forum that the rate charged for potable water is lower than the rate charged for irrigation water? Is that true? If it is true, can anyone explain why? If that's true, why don't I see lawns being watered by sprinklers hooked to hose bibbs?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." ~ Abraham Lincoln
Didn't Abe say that at his last meeting with Al Gore?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Pirate View Post
OK, so here's a straight-forward, asking-for-the-facts type-of-question. I've seen statements on the forum that the rate charged for potable water is lower than the rate charged for irrigation water? Is that true? If it is true, can anyone explain why? If that's true, why don't I see lawns being watered by sprinklers hooked to hose bibbs?
From our water bill (in Duval):

Water base rate $8.06 0-4,000 gallons @ $1.72/thousand

Irrigation base rate $5.40 0-7,000 gallons @ $1.87/thousand

Utility tax - potable water 5%

Sewer base rate $11.49 0-10,000 gals @ $4.12/thousand

The deed restrictions for our villa state:

"Potable water may not be used for irrigation, except that supplemental irrigation with potable water is limited to annuals and the isolated treatment of heat stressed areas. All supplemental irrigation utilizing potable water must be done with a hose with an automatic shutoff nozzle. Use of sprinklers on a hose connection is not permitted."

Bill
Old 07-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
From our water bill (in Duval):

Water base rate $8.06 0-4,000 gallons @ $1.72/thousand

Irrigation base rate $5.40 0-7,000 gallons @ $1.87/thousand

Utility tax - potable water 5%

Sewer base rate $11.49 0-10,000 gals @ $4.12/thousand

The deed restrictions for our villa state:

"Potable water may not be used for irrigation, except that supplemental irrigation with potable water is limited to annuals and the isolated treatment of heat stressed areas. All supplemental irrigation utilizing potable water must be done with a hose with an automatic shutoff nozzle. Use of sprinklers on a hose connection is not permitted."

Bill
And that's the truth!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
It appears the activity on this forum has increased in the past few months. Many more viewing, more threads and more responses. That's the good news.

There also seems to be an increase in the amount of erroneous information. That is the bad news.

A lot of this can have serious consequences. People asking for information may rely on the answers they get here. However, those answers may be from self styled experts who are wrong. There are even cases of others correcting the error only to replace it with another error.

I am not referring to questions such as electric cart vs. gas cart or new vs. resale. Anyone asking about subjects such as those will expect opinions. However, much more serious questions are asked. They include bond issues, taxes, our form of government, IRS issue and more. People deserve correct answers as they may be making a big decision and that decision could depend on the answer they get here.

This problem is out of the hands of the Admins. They cannot be expected to check the accuracy of every post. It is in our hands. Let's get our facts right before responding.

My comments are not meant to include the political forum or any sub forum or question requesting an opinion.

Sorry to say that no good deed goes unpunished...it's why I have almost stopped dealing with this website...too many sea lawyers, nitpickers, and sarcasm...Ciao!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 07-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Didn't Abe say that at his last meeting with Al Gore?
Hahaha! Yep!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 07-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Veteran member

.....AND ...please do not forget WE also have to pay the sewer rate for ALL the potable water we use.....

.......Potable water.............$ 1.72 per thou....
.......Sewer............................4.12 per thou.....

So the total for POTABLE is....$ 5.84 per thou....

.....The Irrigation water is $ 1.87 per thou........................................and... increases at certain thresholds for higher usage.............

......I think this is correct......anybody have more info to clarify or correct my thinking??...
Old 07-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Ah yes. Much cheaper than Ohio water bill.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

.....AND ...please do not forget WE also have to pay the sewer rate for ALL the potable water we use.....

.......Potable water.............$ 1.72 per thou....
.......Sewer............................4.12 per thou.....

So the total for POTABLE is....$ 5.84 per thou....

.....The Irrigation water is $ 1.87 per thou........................................and... increases at certain thresholds for higher usage.............

......I think this is correct......anybody have more info to clarify or correct my thinking??...
See post #63.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.