Any Map of the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Default Any Map of the Villages

My husband and I are exploring different options, and the Villages is one of them. We plan to visit in the winter, but while looking at the listing of houses for sale and rent, it seems there are so many "Village" neighborhoods (like the Village of Amelia, etc). Is there an available map of these different neighborhoods, so I could see where they are?

Any link or web site with such a map would be appreciated.

thanks, really enjoy lurking on this board...
Old 09-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Sage
Default Re: Any Map of the Villages

If you hit "Search" (see the black line at the top of the page) and type in "Maps", you will see a whole bunch of links to map sites. Hope this helps, lurking.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:58 AM

Go to (lylesellsfla.com) -- click on "the villages info" -- on the left side, click on "villages-map" -- that will bring up an image of Florida, and that is the first of seven pages of maps -- look at all, but page six and page seven are the top part of the villages and the lower part -- it is not perfect, but is the most helpful map that I have found besides the $5.00 map and the hand outs at the sales centers. Also, the Villages was developed from top right going to the left and then more recently the left side was developed from top to bottom -- Bond prices increase in the same pattern-- Also, for sales or rentals, check with "the Villages, outside multiple listing agents, and by owner--it takes all three sources to cover "the Villages" -- Many of the older homes were "manufactured" -- Most on-line maps are out of date as the villages are growing so fast-- I searched the whole country and all of Florida and bought in Duval--Good Luck--
Old 09-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Sage

Lucko - Great map for overview of Village Designations, thanks for sharing. ;D
I notice it doesn't show the train tracks!!
Old 09-15-2007, 09:46 PM

The train tracks run north and south just east of Rt. 301 -- They are nearest the villages at Lake Miona and then swerve west toward Wildwood -- parts of the villages of Calumet Grove, Chatam,Belvedere,and Lynnhaven are nearests the tracks and most complaints come from those living near Rt. 42, Rt. 101 and Rt. 466 -- lots of horn blowing --with over twenty trains a day and that number supposed to increase nearly double, it takes a little getting used to -- I live in Duval and barely hear the trains unless I am outside on a quiet evening --
Old 09-17-2007, 10:39 AM

Greetings from Connecticut. I have been to TV twice now and can't wait to retire (next year) and be there permanently. The first time I visited TV which was last year, I bought a $5 map right there on Sumter Landing. The next time I was there, I noticed an AAA office, so since I'm an AAA member, went in and picked up a couple of maps - free!! :bigthumbsup:
Old 09-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I FIND THE MOST COMPLETE MAP IS THE 5.00 ONE THAT THEY SELL AT TV SALES CENTER...I'VE BEEN HERE FOUR YEARS AND THATS THE ONE I GIVE TO FRIENDS FROM UP NORTH WHO ARE HERE LOOKING AROUND........THIS PLACE IS WONDERFUL AND YOU CAN'T GO WRONG BUYING ANYWHERE IN THE VILLAGES...............

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.