Promotion continuing for new homes

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Default Promotion continuing for new homes

I talked to my realtor, today, and she said that the September promotion is going to continue through November 5th (if you buy a new home, you can spend 10% of the cost of the home at Southern Living). There's a new twist. If you don't want to spend the entire 10% at Southern Living, you can spend some of it on a golf cart. I don't know all the specifics, but I wanted to pass on the information.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Promotion continuing for new homes

Desperation, perhaps? But it'll only make it harder to sell preowneds....
Old 10-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Gold member

I would call it a marketing tool,and a good one, not desperation. Let's face it the housing market is bad. When we were buying last month the promotion was just for the furniture. We were tempted to buy a house in Duval because of the 10% towards furnishings. It was really hard to pass up. We just didn't find "the house" in our price range and so opted for a preowned that we both really loved. I hope people don't get caught up in the "deal" and then find they really do not like the house they bought because turning it around is not an option in this market.

beady
Old 10-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT

yea, nyclicker, great deal on a home, and isn't a bad place, but, is nowhere NEAR the lifestyle, amenities, and all of the villages. I guess it depends on what you're priorities are. you want a bigger house for less money? Or do you want to live somewhere like no other, with a lifestyle like no other. for my money, there is no comparison, TV has it all over Summerglen!!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Veteran member

Makes you wonder, they still are making money but giving back that amount of money why was the price so much higher before. Yes I know thats sales.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:09 PM

I agree theres no place like TV but even they have rolled prices back a couple of years and are throwing in furniture.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:48 PM

Wow! NYClicker, your info about SummerGlen sounds wonderful! My boyfriend and I are planning on visiting Lady Lake area again soon, we will definitely keep this place in mind. :bigthumbsup: Thanks.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:31 PM

We are looking into buying at TV and this promotion is being offered to us. What I want to know is what are the REAL monthly fees for a house in the $300-$350,00 range?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Sage

We looked at much bigger houses for less money in several lovely communities in Florida. But we left them behind in the dust after we found TV. Sure, you can do better price wise. But there is NO comparison between TV and any community I've seen.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Veteran member

Barefoot at last said it all > We also looked at several other communities and felt "inland" You can get more house for your money then TV but these other communities didn't even come close to the active life style in TV. Other communities seemed to promise a lot but when you came right down to it > there was no comparison. We looked at these other communities but never came close to the urge to buy in one. If your not after an active lifestyle in a beautiful and extremely well maintained community with all the rec center out of Home beautiful (All of which you can go too without hesitation or any other fees), nice restaurants, good shopping, entertainment, great (free) golf, access everyplace by golf cart , great friendly people, and a reasonable Cost of Living, TV might not be the place for you. I got tried of typing, sorry if miss all the other things we/others like about TV? There are a few shortcomings but TV comes as close as we could find to Wonderful. My wife just enjoys riding around in the golf cart and and thinking What a beautiful place.

BTW I often tell people > if you look at the DVD of TVs its actually a lot nicer then the DVD shows.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Eternal Member

When I bought back in 2001, I got 4% on upgrades when ordering my new home. I thought it was a good deal. If you are going to buy anyway, why not hake advantage of the deal of the month!!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Send a message via AIM to vitacr

If I'm not mistaken, TV owns Southern Lifestyles - so I do think it would calculate as a true savings percentage - also -------- it is all offset by the enormous "BOND" amounts due on new homes vs pre-owned homes. If you find a pre-owned home in Lake County, there is NO bond.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

I have been told that the promotion ONLY applies to certain home styles. I am looking for a courtyard villa and told it does not apply !
Old 10-06-2007, 11:32 AM

We will be at TV in December for our second look at homes and received a letter from TV this week stating the following...

We have decided to extend and expand the promotional offer until November 5th.
The letter says that they will give you 10% of the purchase price to use towards the purchase of a golf cart and/or furniture - the promo is for the purchase of Ranch, Designer or Premier Series homes.

I am hoping they will extend it yet again into December...
Old 10-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Veteran member

I saw this great segment today on TV about negotiating. Everything you buy from furniture to electronics to homes is negotiable.

So Bella, tell them if they want to sell you a home, they should extend the 10% promotion. Bet you win!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.