Feb 24, 2015 New Break-In Villa

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
I think a lot of people talk the talk....possessing guns.....but don't walk the walk.

With all the crime lately, seems one of the gun toters would have become a victim...and used there guns....sad to say, but seems like the percentages are high with the amount of people claiming to possess guns..

In reality, I think that if you have a gun, it will just give the crooks, jewelry, money and now guns...
:agree.....If you do use it, I hope you have a lot of money to defent yourself. Talk the talk!!!!
Old 03-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggie View Post
:agree.....If you do use it, I hope you have a lot of money to defent yourself. Talk the talk!!!!
You are correct. I suspect a lot of us have firearms but getting it out, looking someone in the eye, and pulling trigger takes a special kind of person. Not sure I'm one? Comfortable not knowing.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,598 Times in 1,760 Posts

Now here is a 71 year old homeowner who knew just how to deal with an individual breaking into his home. Armed Homeowner Shoots, Kills Intruder Who Kicked Down His Door

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-01-2015, 07:47 PM

When ever pull out of your drive pay attention to non familiar cars, if so circle around and let them know you are here.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
I think a lot of people talk the talk....possessing guns.....but don't walk the walk.

With all the crime lately, seems one of the gun toters would have become a victim...and used there guns....sad to say, but seems like the percentages are high with the amount of people claiming to possess guns..

In reality, I think that if you have a gun, it will just give the crooks, jewelry, money and now guns...
When leaving home firearm is in a locked compartment and no they are not going to get to it
Old 03-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Default Really.. Be carefull

Now we have to be nice on these sites and really cannot speak our
total pre-plans to save our lives... as we all know our computers will
be taken as part of the Investigation Process should we have to
enforce the 2nd Amendment.. and read all our past post and say I am
a very mean person and had pre planned... I will only say in the future
my plan is only to stop the threat on my life and no further...
Old 03-01-2015, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stdole View Post
Now we have to be nice on these sites and really cannot speak our
total pre-plans to save our lives... as we all know our computers will
be taken as part of the Investigation Process should we have to
enforce the 2nd Amendment.. and read all our past post and say I am
a very mean person and had pre planned... I will only say in the future
my plan is only to stop the threat on my life and no further...
A very wise comment, although I would in my case have included my wife,but advertizing that one owns multiple fire arms and are willing to use them does not seem like a smart move ,anymore then an NRA sticker on the bumper of your vehicle,thieves look for gold,cash and firearms this is their livelihood.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
God help you, if you wake up, the back up.
Love it
Old 03-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Eternal Member

Remember that there have been no burglaries of occupied homes. Just two that reported being occupied but both were under very suspicious circumstances and never had corrabating proof.

Most home shootings arise from the homeowner hearing a noise, groggily gets his gun, shoots the person and finds it is a family member.

If you actually did shoot a burglar, his family will probably sue you for wrongful death and you will have huge lawyer payments even if you are found innocent.

If you are so afraid, get a professionally installed alarm system with inside and outside 160 db horns and autoconnect to an alarm center. No burglar will stay once the alarm sounds inside and outside the house. He will skedaddle the second the alarm sounds!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman View Post
A very wise comment, although I would in my case have included my wife,but advertizing that one owns multiple fire arms and are willing to use them does not seem like a smart move ,anymore then an NRA sticker on the bumper of your vehicle,thieves look for gold,cash and firearms this is their livelihood.
In addition, bragging about one's eagerness to shoot an intruder can come back to haunt you at trial (civil and criminal) in the event that you actually do shoot one some day. Here is the latest example, one which made national news: http://news.yahoo.com/montana-man-ki...065431013.html
Old 03-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
In addition, bragging about one's eagerness to shoot an intruder can come back to haunt you at trial (civil and criminal) in the event that you actually do shoot one some day. Here is the latest example, one which made national news: Man sentenced to 70 years in German exchange student's death
Excellent news posting that should make all homeowners with guns take notice!

Imagine 70 years in prison for shooting an intruder!

I suspect that his family is out a few hundred thousand dollars in legal fees, too.

As Advogado said, do not brag about about your willingness to shoot an intruder. It is almost certain that your computer will be seized and searched.

Best idea, leave the shooting to those in law and order and invest in a professionally installed alarm system.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Excellent news posting that should make all homeowners with guns take notice!

Imagine 70 years in prison for shooting an intruder!

I suspect that his family is out a few hundred thousand dollars in legal fees, too.

As Advogado said, do not brag about about your willingness to shoot an intruder. It is almost certain that your computer will be seized and searched.

Best idea, leave the shooting to those in law and order and invest in a professionally installed alarm system.
Doesn't that come with the purchase?
Old 03-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
In addition, bragging about one's eagerness to shoot an intruder can come back to haunt you at trial (civil and criminal) in the event that you actually do shoot one some day. Here is the latest example, one which made national news: Man sentenced to 70 years in German exchange student's death
It's interesting that the man convicted of deliberate homicide is named Kaarma.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:03 PM

My husband's keys were stolen out of his golf bag today on the golf course. I am a little scared.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.