Fees

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio
Default Fees

We are trying to crunch some numbers before our Life Style Visit in Sept. Are there any other fees that we don't know about besides the Amenities Fee and the Bond?
Old 07-27-2012, 09:53 PM

Where do I start? Let's see, after you add all of the standard utilities (cable/satelite TV, cell phone, house phone, internet, water/sewer, irrigation water, trash removal, etc) we have the guys who cut the grass, the company that takes care of the lawn maintenance, the pest control, the annual termite inspections, the pool guy, donuts for your irrigation sprinklers,and the HVAC systems annual maintenance inspections. If you golf, you then have the Priority Golf Membership fees, green fees and/or Executive Trail Fees. Oh, how can I forget the golf cart. That should be enough to get you thinking and given some time to research I'm sure I could come up with some more. Good luck!!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Sage

The annual maintenance fee that is put in your property tax bill. The trail fee for golf carts on the golf courses. Priority golf fee for championship courses if you want. Water bill and trash pickup fee every month. Gas bill and/or electric bill.

Extras may include your "bug guy", lawn maintenance, and liquor bill.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio
Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
The annual maintenance fee that is put in your property tax bill. The trail fee for golf carts on the golf courses. Priority golf fee for championship courses if you want. Water bill and trash pickup fee every month. Gas bill and/or electric bill.

Is the fee that is put on your tax bill the Bond?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Platinum member

Nope, the bond fee is there but there's also an "annual maintenance fee". Ours runs a little less than $400 per year. I'm not sure what it is based on.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Veteran member

There's a fee that Bill can tell you about!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post

Also the cost of A/C tune-ups and maintenance contracts. Pest control may include separate pest control service (inside/outside home) and a specialized termite control bond

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 07-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

for a patio or cyv our cost for everything runs about $10,000 to $14,000 a year
Old 07-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Veteran member
Default cost

Maintenace fee in Sanibel designer section is about $900/ year. The Bond is a little over $20k or $1,713.56/year. Fire dept is $81/year but sales person said it is going to $135/year. Triple play package from Brighthouse about $117 with taxes/month. Electric bill has ranged from $146 in Jan to $210 this July. (house is set a 77 degrees.) Water, sewer, trash,& amenity fee $250-$300/month. Insurance car, house, flood, cart & umbrella about $3200/ year. Property taxes projected to be about $3,800/year with homestead. Small fees of $10 -$50 to belong to some of the clubs. About $140/year to use cart on the free courses. Lawn care cutting about $40-$50/month. Termite protection about $200/year. I think you should consider things to want to do after you buy the house. We set aside about 10% of the cost of the house for that. Been here 8 months and we are getting close to that 10%. If you mortgage there are more cost. Then there are entertainment cost and eating out. That can be be very little to very much. After your lifestyle visit, consider renting for a month or longer to look a preowned and new. The cost can vary greatly depending on style home and area.

Last edited by 2 Oldcrabs; 07-28-2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: lawn care
Old 07-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

Your CDD bond includes a maintenance fee and the total is rolled into your property taxes if you choose to do that, or can be paid off at closing or the bond balance can be paid once yearly in July in full.
I bought a lot, have not begun my build, but when I signed for the lot, my agent went through all of the papers I was signing and explained each. One of them was regarding the CDD bond. My total bond is 21000 and the estimated yearly amount is around 2750. This is over 29 years. If I pay it off at the onset it saves quite a bit, but should I decide to sell quickly I will have lost money. So a conundrum! There is also a yearly fire department fee of 135.00 that is ongoing. The first year, you will pay double, as it is charged in advance.
Hope this helps-

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.