Fellow cartsters...

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2018, 10:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Fellow cartsters...

...please do not misuse the traffic circle near Laurel Manor water tower - it is there for a reason, and that reason is your safety as well as mine.

This morning, the cart behind us on "466" turned left on to "water tower" rather than going three quarters of the way round the traffic circle

Previously, we have witnessed carts coming along "water tower" and doing a sharp left towards the rec center

The signage is clear; you know what to do; and the amount of time you save is negligible.

Your short-cut may look clear to you, but have you really spotted all road users - walkers and cyclists, as well as other carts?

Thank you
Old 08-13-2018, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,145 Times in 2,245 Posts

ArticFox,
I love your plea, I have a similar situation at the Roundabout with Buena Vista and Pinellas Place, golf carts cut in early across the double yellow line and go in the OUT golf cart lane, instead of going a few feet further and making the hard left... I contacted the CDD, the local Police all to no avail.
Unfortunately I will probably be one of the unlucky people to have to call 911....
I hope you have better results than I did.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
...please do not misuse the traffic circle near Laurel Manor water tower - it is there for a reason, and that reason is your safety as well as mine.

This morning, the cart behind us on "466" turned left on to "water tower" rather than going three quarters of the way round the traffic circle

Previously, we have witnessed carts coming along "water tower" and doing a sharp left towards the rec center

The signage is clear; you know what to do; and the amount of time you save is negligible.

Your short-cut may look clear to you, but have you really spotted all road users - walkers and cyclists, as well as other carts?

Thank you
TOTALLY!

I've seen it happen numerous times there and it MAYBE...saves two seconds.

I even once played 'chicken' with a dude coming west on the 466 MMP, who decided going around the circle...was just too much bother.

It was funny watching the shocked look on his face when I didn't move over (I was coming from along the fence line on Palmer) and he had to put his right side tires up over the curb...of the landscaped middle of the circle.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
TOTALLY!

I've seen it happen numerous times there and it MAYBE...saves two seconds.

I even once played 'chicken' with a dude coming west on the 466 MMP, who decided going around the circle...was just too much bother.

It was funny watching the shocked look on his face when I didn't move over (I was coming from along the fence line on Palmer) and he had to put his right side tires up over the curb...of the landscaped middle of the circle.
Wonder if his maneuver hadn't worked? You both would have been in a HUGE pickle.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Wonder if his maneuver hadn't worked? You both would have been in a HUGE pickle.
Sometimes...you just have to take a stand.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, tower, reason, carts, left

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.