FENCING

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2008, 03:56 PM
beartrack1
Default Re: FENCING

rsetterlund,

Excuse me but, is privacy a dirty word, is privacy something that offends you ??? You quoted me correctly but, you forgot to mention that I said that I understood the rule regarding fences. My follow up question was simply about hedges. I specifically mentioned that we like walking our dog, we never even considered a fence, just a low hedge for aesthetics and privacy. For you to suggest that I do not move to The Villages unless I buy a villa, is unreasonable and not in keeping with the friendly attitude that makes The Villages so special. May I suggest that you look at TV website, click on resales, you will be able to view a plethora of virtual tours of many different homes other then villas, that have plantings, hedges and other items for the express purpose of providing some basic privacy.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund

beartrack,

I think you miss understood my postings. Privacy is not a dirty word with me and in fact I will be looking for a home in TV that does have it for the Lani. I agree there are many homes that have plantings and shrubbery, and it does add to the appearance of all homes.

We currently have a seasonal home in a community that has a number of rules about what can be done and what can not. If we want to plant a shrub we must get permission, I do not have a problem with that. What I was hoping to express was my frustration with people who move into someplace knowing the rules and then work to get around them. You see some people believe rules are for the other guy not them.

What I was trying to say, and I guess did not do a very good job of it is, TV may not be for everyone. Try to accept TV for what it is and not hope to try and change it. Plenty of my friends would not be happy living in TV and I would not recommend that they try, because of the rules.

I read another posting and had to agree with that person, they were very happy that TV was managed by professional. This way the rules apply to everyone.

I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Veteran member

I remember visiting TV in the spring of 2004 for the first time. Back then Lake Sumter Town Sq was just being finished. We took a tour or some affordable homes for us and got the impression that all the rules were creating a far too sterile atmosphere for us.
Well after spending a week in TV the following year, I did a complete turnaround in my thinking. I guess it relates back to my neighborhood up north, where all the homes on our street our well kept BUT ONE :realmad:, saying to myself "now this wouldn't happen in the villages" and it wouldn't thank God for covenants and architectural guide lines.
Yes Mr. RS I understood your thinking, rules are for me AND the other guy to protect my investment, and yours. The more I see the covenants and rules in action the more I appreciate them
Handie :joke:
Old 01-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

"Yes, anytime you want to plant somethng or remove something in your landscaping, you have to get approval from the architectural committee. There are forms on the Villages web site for this approval."

(sorry...can't figure out how to "quote" "unquote" this part)

I'm getting sooooo dizzy from this post...do you mean I have to get approval to plant flowers? or herbs? Don't think TV would go this far, would they? :dontknow:
Old 01-20-2008, 04:14 PM

If you have a concrete patio you can put a fence around that part of yard in the rear. Go to the Village office and speak with Monica Anderson.

drdodge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.