Fencing around A/C units

Fencing around A/C units

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-11-2019, 04:58 AM

A fence also protects your ac unit from the grass trimming guy. The trimmer can mess up the coils.

Rollie

Old 03-11-2019, 05:12 AM
Veteran member

Done properly I can't see anything wrong with them.
The one mentioned on other site that was ordered to be taken down did look a bit tatty.
There was also an underlying dispute between neighbors as well, so before you consider getting one, get permision to erect from relevant authority
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2019, 07:37 AM

I think the fences look good, better than just the AC unit. We don’t have one here but in our home up north we have a nice vinyl fence with a gate. The primary reason for doing it there was we are on a corner lot and it needed to be concealed for protection of the unit from public view.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:31 PM
Veteran member

Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

Does it cut down on the noise?
Old 03-11-2019, 05:18 PM

We have a neighbor who put in a pool. Located his filter & heater near his a/c unit. Built a block & stucco wall around it to match the house, leaving room for service or replacement.

It looks great and about 10 people were out walking in the neighborhood one night, we all stopped and were amazed at how it cut down on the noise from everything.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:22 PM

From what I understand, you can put up a simple open fence around your AC unit as long as a) the fence is no higher than the AC unit and b) you get permission in advance. There might be other criteria but that's the minimum I was able to find. I think if it's done correctly, with fencing similar to the fences on the patio villas, it'd look a whole lot better than the AC units themselves. I'm probably going to just add a couple of potted plants or add a short (under 4 feet) row of shrubbery or some of those tall pale decorative grass tufts I see in everyone's garden beds. It won't hide the unit completely but it'll make it look a bit less stark and out of place in the yard.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:43 PM
Sage

I'm happy our a/c unit is hidden and protected by huge bushes also providing shade for the unit. I keep them trimmed and clean.

Tags
units, a/c, sight, plain, mechanical