Fenney to Brownwood by golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Default Fenney to Brownwood by golf cart

First off, if you thought this was a thread asking how to get to Brownwood from Fenney by golf cart, today, that's not what it is. Most are aware that won't happen until early 2020.

But, I went on the Daily Sun website last night and watched the recent "Evening with the Developer". Harper Boone compared the future golf cart journey from Fenney to Brownwood to being about the same as the cart ride from Labelle/Osceola Hills to Brownwood. In my estimation, that doesn't sound bad at all. Even if it's a couple minutes longer, still not bad. If you view the route on a map, it's plausible. But, when the typical route from TV proper to Fenney is currently Morse blvd., across 44, and down 468, it's hard to imagine the cart ride will be that reasonable.

There's no question here - just throwing it out for discussion. FWIW, I live in Fenney, so my bed is made so to speak.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Sage

I recently took a tour of Finney. I looked at the projected map and you can see a future road with circles next to the golf cart path for cars that goes directly to Brownwood. I asked 2 reps when they expected that to be built and didn't know. That road seems pretty important.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:23 PM
Platinum member

Given the growth coming south of 44 it is doubtful they won’t eventually build a fourth square.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
First off, if you thought this was a thread asking how to get to Brownwood from Fenney by golf cart, today, that's not what it is. Most are aware that won't happen until early 2020.

But, I went on the Daily Sun website last night and watched the recent "Evening with the Developer". Harper Boone compared the future golf cart journey from Fenney to Brownwood to being about the same as the cart ride from Labelle/Osceola Hills to Brownwood. In my estimation, that doesn't sound bad at all. Even if it's a couple minutes longer, still not bad. If you view the route on a map, it's plausible. But, when the typical route from TV proper to Fenney is currently Morse blvd., across 44, and down 468, it's hard to imagine the cart ride will be that reasonable.

There's no question here - just throwing it out for discussion. FWIW, I live in Fenney, so my bed is made so to speak.

Not a good comparison. We live in Osceola. Lake Sumter is a 23 minute ride, Brownwood 21, Spanish Springs 15 minutes using Lake Sumter as a springboard. SS back to Osceola bypassing Lake Sumter 35 minutes. Morse travel is a shorter ride north.
Southern Oaks will be the best location south of 44, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Not a good comparison. We live in Osceola. Lake Sumter is a 23 minute ride, Brownwood 21, Spanish Springs 15 minutes using Lake Sumter as a springboard. SS back to Osceola bypassing Lake Sumter 35 minutes. Morse travel is a shorter ride north.
Southern Oaks will be the best location south of 44, IMHO.

Not a good comparison in what way? Do you mean you think it will be longer? Or do you mean that 21 minutes, based on your times, is not good? I think, given the size that TV has become and will become, a 20 minute, + or - a few, is not bad to get from any one area to a square. The days of being 10 or 15 minutes from everything, in any given direction, are over.

I can see a square type complex of some sort coming south of 44 at some point in the future. A little birdy that it is likely a new Villages Golf Car store/service will be somewhere in the area too in the not too distant future. Whether that will be located in or near a yet unannounced "square" or somewhere in the announced, but currently under construction, shopping center remains to be seen.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Not a good comparison in what way? Do you mean you think it will be longer? Or do you mean that 21 minutes, based on your times, is not good? I think, given the size that TV has become and will become, a 20 minute, + or - a few, is not bad to get from any one area to a square. The days of being 10 or 15 minutes from everything, in any given direction, are over.
The reason we didn't buy a new house in Osceola when we were looking was because of the length of the drive to Brownwood on a golf cart. We bought preowned and are 5 minutes away now. I agree there will probably be a 4th square someday but there is an awful lot of empty commercial spaces at Brownwood still. The developers are counting on the south of 44 connectivity to fill it up. I doubt they even consider it until Brownwood's commercial leasing is profitable..
Old 06-07-2018, 06:13 PM
Sage

Quote:

This attachment should eliminate your concern.

The cart path will exit the southeast corner of the parking lot behind Cody's, go over 44 on a new bridge and southward on the north side of the turnpike until it splits. One branch remains on the north side of the turnpike. The other takes a new golf cart bridge over the turnpike and goes southward on the south side of the turnpike.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Golf cart paths 2020.pdf (966.3 KB, 933 views)
Old 06-07-2018, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
This attachment should eliminate your concern.

The cart path will exit the southeast corner of the parking lot behind Cody's, go over 44 on a new bridge and southward on the north side of the turnpike until it splits. One branch remains on the north side of the turnpike. The other takes a new golf cart bridge over the turnpike and goes southward on the south side of the turnpike.
The only thing missing is a scale, or the wording... "Not To Scale."
Old 06-07-2018, 09:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
The reason we didn't buy a new house in Osceola when we were looking was because of the length of the drive to Brownwood on a golf cart. We bought preowned and are 5 minutes away now. I agree there will probably be a 4th square someday but there is an awful lot of empty commercial spaces at Brownwood still. The developers are counting on the south of 44 connectivity to fill it up. I doubt they even consider it until Brownwood's commercial leasing is profitable..

Brownwood is never on our list of places to cart to, or drive to. I drove their once only to have my cart serviced under warranty. Our decision to live in Osceola was based on its remoteness from the contiguous nature of most of all the other Villages. We are surrounded by Belle Glade to the north and east, Lake Deaton to the west and preserves to the south. I can actually see the Milky Way at night, not washed out by street lights. Regardless, once most people are here for a year or two the Town Squares are only there to bring the occasional visiting family members. If you’re selling, close proximity to Town Squares is very helpful in marketing to the many newbies that haven’t learned that yet.

Last edited by Wiotte; 06-07-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

IMHO a person must be bored stiff, or have to much time on their hands to even want to go to Fenney in a golf cart from Brownwood, let alone from anywhere further North.
It's bad enough by car.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:52 AM
Veteran member

It's getting way too big, and the restaurants are getting way too crowded. They probably said the same thing 25 years ago. I still love it, even though I complain. I guess we could move to a smaller environment, but what would you do all day? My wife wanted to move near the water, since we both grew up near the ocean. I could take the views for about a month or so, and also take walks on the beach, but I would have been bored to death after about a year of that. Lots happening around here. Great golf, town squares, music nightly, lots of clubs and if you meet someone you don't like, you will probably never see them again. Just my thoughts......
Old 06-08-2018, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
It's getting way too big, and the restaurants are getting way too crowded. They probably said the same thing 25 years ago. I still love it, even though I complain. I guess we could move to a smaller environment, but what would you do all day? My wife wanted to move near the water, since we both grew up near the ocean. I could take the views for about a month or so, and also take walks on the beach, but I would have been bored to death after about a year of that. Lots happening around here. Great golf, town squares, music nightly, lots of clubs and if you meet someone you don't like, you will probably never see them again. Just my thoughts......
I like and agree with your post. We wanted to live on the water, and did for several years through the winter months and that cured us. Very transient, spring break nightmare, cost of homes, cost of insurance, and I could go on. As for Fenney and all the other outlying villages, I really don't care how long it takes to get anywhere. I have my "spot", I live my life, and let the rest of TV live theirs as they choose to do.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 06-08-2018 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

When Buena Vista comes down along the turnpike it will be an easy golf car drive from Fenney however those who end up down around 470 and south are going to have a long ride to get up there. I'll give it a try once everything is completed but will most likely stick with a car as it's less than 10 minutes to Paddock Square from our home in Fenney and 20 to Lake Sumter.

As far as crowds, we have been down here for most of the last 13 months and go to restaurants once or twice a week. The only time we ever had to wait with a buzzer was at Olive Garden, all other restaurants in and out of TV had seating available all winter long. Traffic from Fenney to just about everywhere south of 466 has been easy unless there is a problem on the Turnpike and everyone gets off at 301. I try not to go North of 466 unless we go to Katie or an event up there. We're just now starting to spread out to Leesburg and Inverness areas trying new restaurants, they are both closer than Spanish Springs for us. If anyone has a favorite in those areas please let us know.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
When Buena Vista comes down along the turnpike it will be an easy golf car drive from Fenney however those who end up down around 470 and south are going to have a long ride to get up there. I'll give it a try once everything is completed but will most likely stick with a car as it's less than 10 minutes to Paddock Square from our home in Fenney and 20 to Lake Sumter.
To be clear, there are no plans for Buena Vista to extend south of 44. Instead, Meggison Road will be extended beyond 44, down to Warm Springs Avenue (CR 468).
Old 06-08-2018, 04:42 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

As to the OP, it seems to me that a golf cart ride from Fenny to Brownwood would be a once in a while diversion - doable but not convenient. As to where to live, we have been coming for 9 years, first in Summerhill - we loved it and thought it the best place to buy. Then we stayed in Hemingway and thought it the best place to buy. Finally, we stayed in Sanibel and thought it the best place to buy - and we did! I have talked to people in the "historic side" that wouldn't live anywhere else. I've talked to people in the northwest corner......wouldn't live anywhere else. Likewise the Spanish Springs area, the central area, the Brownwood area, Fenny, etc. etc. In other words, the best place to live in The Villages is likely in The Villages. Every location has something similar, and something unique to offer and most people can find something that appeals to them anywhere. Personally, I think Sanibel is the premier village in TV, based on personal experience, but I am certain there are varied opinions that are also valid.

Tags
cart, fenney, brownwood, golf, route

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.