Fenney to Brownwood by golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I look forward to arriving in Key West by golf cart.
Now you're talking !
Old 06-10-2018, 02:20 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
In our case it has nothing to do with being in a hurry. We'll take the air conditioning, protection from the rain, windshield wipers, and safety of a car over a cart any day.

I've been in a golf cart in a pop-up torrential downpour, and visibility was zero. No thanks.
To each his own...pop up showers don't last...anyhow my car hardly ever leaves the garage. We have 2 golf carts and use them most of the time.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
To each his own...pop up showers don't last...anyhow my car hardly ever leaves the garage. We have 2 golf carts and use them most of the time.
This one did, And nobody behind us would have been able to see us.

But whatever. Enjoy your golf cart, and I'll enjoy my car. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't care. I feel like a sitting duck in a golf cart on these 35 mph roads.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Agree Cars are Safer

Quote:

But whatever. Enjoy your golf cart, and I'll enjoy my car. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't care. I feel like a sitting duck in a golf cart on these 35 mph roads.
We have 2 cars 1 golf cart. Golf cart only used for golf. If my husband did not play golf we weould not have a cart.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:04 PM
Default Moving To Fenney

We love the Verandahs in Fenney. The combination of a house and a villa is a great concept. As soon as we sell our house in Tampa, we are going to buy a Verandah. Not sure if we will get a golf cart or just have 2 cars. We live in our home 24/7, and we can drive anywhere, so the home is the most important to us.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

By looking at the sky and clouds, you should be able to decide whether or not to use the golf cart. Pop-up showers don't just pop-up. Use the weather apps on your cell phone, or check out the local weather on TV. There's plenty of locations to seek shelter, bank drive up windows, for instance, under the overhang.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 06-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:

I don't think you're in the minority. I read all kinds of complaints about walkers and bikes on the cart paths so it's not a leisurely way to go if those people bother you. We bought a golf car just to run around Fenney and now Desoto in, don't golf, will most likely rarely go to Paddock Square once we have the availability and you really don't know when it's going to rain and trying to find an ATM to hide under is not something I would be interested in doing. A small car for running around is more up my alley. And with the car you are able to make a side trip somewhere else if you get the inkling at the last minute. Example, we were at Paddock with our son and his family over the Memorial weekend, they wanted ice cream, my wife chose the Russell Stover candy factory outlet on 44 west of 301. We had the car and off we went, they enjoyed the ice cream as well as all of the candy that was on display. Could not have done that with a golf car. i'm with you on this one.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
In my opinion anyone that needs to get in to his car if it's more the 15 minutes away is in way too much of a hurry. Driving a golf cart throughout The Villages is a beautiful thing. Slow down ,take your golf cart and enjoy the Villages and all it has to offer by driving your golf cart around...WHAT'S the hurry?
My wife and I have two carts and one car. We enjoy going most places by golf cart and use ours most of the time for any trip 30 minutes or less and occasionally for trips longer than that. When I play golf, I drive my golf cart to all the championship courses except Lopez and Orange Blossom---go by auto and rent a cart.

Examples from Osceola Hills to Palmer legends--32 minutes; to Lake Sumter Landing--a little less than 30 minutes; to Brownwood--about 22 minutes or so; to Cane Garden--about 25 to 27 minutes. And we drive our carts at 19 to 20 mph. We plan our time accordingly.

We watch the weather forecast before deciding to go by cart, and we go by auto if the forecast calls for extended periods of rain. If we get caught in the rain, we can quickly pull down the sides and sit it out if we have to.

We checked the distance from our house in Osceola Hills to the main gate at Fenney, and it is the same distance as from our house to Mallory Hill CC.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We have 2 carts and a car, so can do what ever we please. In our carts we have more time for a conversation, when we drive a car it’s a big suv. So what would have not fit in a cart, fits in the car.

Of course only one of us is retired, and one still works full time. It’s hard to give up a job that you love.

Would we drive to Fenney in a cart, maybe. But since the squares have lost our interest years ago, it’s unimportant to do a drive by.

Either way it’s a personal preference on what mode of transportation anyone uses. There is no right or wrong answer
Old 06-10-2018, 08:47 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We have 2 carts and a car, so can do what ever we please. In our carts we have more time for a conversation, when we drive a car it’s a big suv. So what would have not fit in a cart, fits in the car.

Of course only one of us is retired, and one still works full time. It’s hard to give up a job that you love.

Would we drive to Fenney in a cart, maybe. But since the squares have lost our interest years ago, it’s unimportant to do a drive by.

Either way it’s a personal preference on what mode of transportation anyone uses. There is no right or wrong answer
Exactly. Do what fits you!
Old 06-11-2018, 02:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
In my opinion anyone that needs to get in to his car if it's more the 15 minutes away is in way too much of a hurry. Driving a golf cart throughout The Villages is a beautiful thing. Slow down ,take your golf cart and enjoy the Villages and all it has to offer by driving your golf cart around...WHAT'S the hurry?
Why do you assume that anyone who does not use a golf cart to go around the TV on longer journeys is in a hurry?
I have better things to do than spend ages in a golf cart.
My car is far more comfortable, and a whole lot safer, than negotiating cart drivers not paying attention to their driving but admiring the scenery!
PS. Been here 19 years, and have pretty much seen all the scenery.

Last edited by Two Bills; 06-11-2018 at 02:53 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

It's also has to do with your sense of adventure and getting out of your comfort zone. People fear driving carts in traffic, have a need for creature comforts and in some cases, a need for speed. People who use cars look at us that drive carts with looks of confusion, and we look at people that drive their cars here with the same look of confusion. We all do what works for us and should respect what works for others.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-12-2018, 02:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
It's also has to do with your sense of adventure and getting out of your comfort zone. People fear driving carts in traffic, have a need for creature comforts and in some cases, a need for speed. People who use cars look at us that drive carts with looks of confusion, and we look at people that drive their cars here with the same look of confusion. We all do what works for us and should respect what works for others.
I agree with your last sentence but hardly your first. I don't think what a person drives has anything to do with sense of adventure. I'm more adventurous than a lot of cart drivers I know!
Old 06-12-2018, 03:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Drive for adventure? C'mon!
You drive for convenience, you jump out of aeroplanes for adventure!
Old 06-12-2018, 07:55 AM

Put some music in the cart, crank the tunes, take the path less-travelled, enjoy the ride outdoors, and, despite the heat, CHILL!

Tags
cart, fenney, brownwood, golf, route

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.