Fenney Flyover 3-10-18

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2018, 04:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts
Default Fenney Flyover 3-10-18

Another flyover of Fenney was done yesterday. Construction is robust and most of the lots in Fenney are filling in.

The Village of Desoto is starting to pickup the pace of construction. 4 weeks ago when I flew over there were only about 12 homes under construction, now there is 3 times that many underway.

Veranda homes appear to be a hot ticket as the homes in Desoto are starting with these fenced yard Designer homes.

The Sugar Cane recreation area is nearing completion and can be seen at the end of the video.

Hope you enjoy the video.

Village of Fenney March flyover
Old 03-11-2018, 04:16 PM

Such a different perspective from the sky. Thanks so much for posting!
Old 03-11-2018, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Wow.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:40 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,336 Times in 1,445 Posts

Thanks so much for the update. It is changing so quickly with many new amenities.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Gold member

Hey there Goldwingnut, a couple weeks back I asked forum if anyone knew who the Paraglider pilot was I see over the Villages occasional and where he takes off from. I got a bunch of negative comments about his risk taking but nothing about my question. Do you know who and where?
Thanks
Old 03-11-2018, 09:03 PM

Thank you for the updated video of Fenney and Desoto. Things have really changed since we were there in January. Looking forward to making use of the Dog Park when we come down at the end of the month.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Thanks! The captions are a nice touch.😎
Old 03-11-2018, 10:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Hey there Goldwingnut, a couple weeks back I asked forum if anyone knew who the Paraglider pilot was I see over the Villages occasional and where he takes off from. I got a bunch of negative comments about his risk taking but nothing about my question. Do you know who and where?
Thanks
I met a guy several weeks ago in VOSO Phase 2 paragliding and recorded some of his flying and sent him a link to the youtube video I posted. Send me a PM with your contact information and I will forward it to him for him to respond, anything else would probably be improper.

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 03-12-2018 at 04:44 AM. Reason: mis-spelled word
Old 03-11-2018, 11:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Another flyover of Fenney was done yesterday. Construction is robust and most of the lots in Fenney are filling in.

The Village of Desoto is starting to pickup the pace of construction. 4 weeks ago when I flew over there were only about 12 homes under construction, now there is 3 times that many underway.

Veranda homes appear to be a hot ticket as the homes in Desoto are starting with these fenced yard Designer homes.

The Sugar Cane recreation area is nearing completion and can be seen at the end of the video.

Hope you enjoy the video.

Village of Fenney March flyover
Awesome Flyover. That drone is amazing. One question, what is that next to the dog park? Is that going to be an Archery Range?
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 03-11-2018, 11:04 PM
Gold member

I didn't see any new golf courses being built. With that many homes I would have thought I would see something new.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:48 PM

Great video. Looking to buy in Fenney. Was very helpful.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Sorry, but I think it is awful.
Just an urban sprawl. Where are the golf courses to give space between blocks and blocks of houses.
Would not trade home in the north of TV for one of these homes, even if paid to move there.
JMHO.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
Awesome Flyover. That drone is amazing. One question, what is that next to the dog park? Is that going to be an Archery Range?
Yes, that is scheduled to be the new archery range. When I was over at the Sugar Cane area I noticed a bunch of wooden frames that looked like some sort of mis-assembled wheelbarrow frames locked up under one of the pavilions. After looking closer at them, the appear to the be the target stands for the archery range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
I didn't see any new golf courses being built. With that many homes I would have thought I would see something new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Sorry, but I think it is awful.
Just an urban sprawl. Where are the golf courses to give space between blocks and blocks of houses.
Would not trade home in the north of TV for one of these homes, even if paid to move there.
JMHO.
I didn't make a flight over the areas where the new golf courses are going in on Saturday so those were not included in this video, I did make the flight on Sunday and am working on those today.

Just looking at the numbers the complaining about lack of golf courses is unjustified. There are 630 holes of golf north of SR44 and about 54,000 homes, that works out to about 1 hole per 86 homes. Just looking at executive courses it's 324 holes or 1 per 166 homes. If one just looks at the Fenney development (3rd picture), which includes the village of Desoto, this is 1,100 homes in total and has 18 executive holes or 1 hole per 61 homes and actually brings down the overall development average to 1 hole per 85 homes.

The Village of McClure adds another 18 holes of executive golf and Marsh Bend adds another 9. Marsh Bend also has a Pitch & Putt course going in but that's not even a consideration in this discussion.

According to the information provided to the Wildwood City Council for their January 22, 2018, CDD-12, which includes all the properties west of the Turnpike that was recently made public, a.k.a. Village of Fenney and VOSO Phases 1, 2, 3, will have a total of 3637 homes. With 45 executive holes that works out to 1 hole per 81 homes, still below the development average.

It looks like the developer is sticking to their formula that's worked for the last 30 years, in fact the numbers say they are exceeding what was previously done.

I know, now the comment comes, "what about championship courses?". Look at the first picture, it clearly shows another championship course is in the master plan.

Urban sprawl? Maybe suburban sprawl would be a closer term, even then I think you're mistaken Two Bills. Here again the numbers tell all, and the development is well planned.
CDD12 - 3637 homes on 1490 acres - 2.44 homes per acre
CDD11 - 2057 homes on 498 acres - 4.13 homes per acre
CDD10 - 6647 homes on 1491 acres - 4.46 homes per acre
(one day I'll run the numbers for all the districts and post them)

These numbers don't include the green spaces (recreation areas and golf courses) that are maintained by amenities, only the residential areas and non-amenity public lands are included. Fenney/VOSO will a lot less crowded (more open/green space) than the rest of The Villages.

Let's quit bashing the developer, they are a business that develops land and sells houses, nothing more, and they're very good at it. They're not evil and "greedy", this is their business. The kids and grandkids in the family haven't twisted and perverted the dreams and plans of Harold Schwartz, they've been executing it (a topic for another post). If you've bought your home, they owe you nothing more, be glad they continue to grow the overall development and haven't moved on (another great topic for another post).

I'm not a pro-developer lemming, if anything I've been anti-developer since I moved to TV and distrust most large organizations and government in general. I do respect the developer's business acumen and enjoy the great community they have built.

But this has all gone off topic of the original post. I hope everyone enjoys the videos I've posted and appreciate the feedback. I've more footage in the can from my flights yesterday and should have these posted in the next day or so. If someone has a request for something they want to see from the air, let me know and I'll try to get some footage of it posted, within FAA rules of course.

Thanks,
GoldWingNut
Old 03-12-2018, 08:52 AM

Great explanation and great video. Appreciate you taking the time to do this. I understand the numbers concerning the golf courses but I would like to see more of the courses winding through the homes. Looks like most of the courses will be outside the residential areas.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:54 AM
Veteran member

I just hope the economy stays where it is. This would not be my place of choice there are thousands of these kind of developments in Florida. I can see if it was near the ocean on either side possibly a selling point But being in the middle of Florida I just don't see it. I think any downturn in new home sales could result in one big ghost town. I just don't see any reason for me to ever want to live in That kind of a development.But that's just my opinion quite sure other people see it differently. I'm kinda glad did not advertise it as a golfing community. In the adds that said "golf for life for free". Starting to look like the suburbs of Orlando.
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, homes, construction, flyover, village

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.