Fenney Here we Come - Where do we Go

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2018, 07:46 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

They have already broken ground for our first shopping plaza, gas is 2 miles from the gate in Coleman or 2-1/2 up 301, or 5 miles to Publix and Kristine way fuel, carwash, banks, etc. 10 minutes to Brownwood, 15 minutes to the Leesburg hospital, 5 miles to Rohan recreation center. We have Spectrum down here for TV, phone, and internet, cell service is spotty but they are in the process of building a new tower on 301 about 1-1/2 miles as the crow flies. 2 golf courses open and 3 more 9's under construction so far. I would also think that they will be building more big box stores on 466A near the new Lowes which is a heck of a lot nearer than 441/27. It all takes time but they are building quickly not only the homes but the amenities, golf courses, and commercial areas. Welcome, we have a large social group here that you can join if you have closed on your home, just search Fenney Friends for the site, lots of information there, you're gonna like it down here.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:08 AM

Welcome to Fenney! You are going to love living there. Retirement can not come soon enough for my husband and I! Congratulations on your new home. Enjoy the process!!!
Old 04-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Gold member

I can see Highway 301 really coming to life with many new stores in the future. I also think they eventually will add another entrance on the Florida Turnpike. These things time but in The Villages they usually do happen. GPS will take time for those who buy south of the turnpike.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Welcome, we have a large social group here that you can join if you have closed on your home, just search Fenney Friends for the site, lots of information there, you're gonna like it down here.
Thank you. I found the Fenney Friends web site; will join once we move. Should be down Memorial Day weekend.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Why, do you really shop that often? Up north we live in the burbs, yet I drive 40 minutes to shop at brick and mortar and eat at a restaurant that’s not fast food.
My shopping is mostly done online, today I spend 15 minutes online and got everything I need for the week, even a piece of furniture, and a new washer and dryer.
My one son shops like you. The other son and I were nicknamed "look and wait" a long time ago.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_sjc View Post
Thank you. I found the Fenney Friends web site; will join once we move. Should be down Memorial Day weekend.
Hi - My wife and I purchased in Fenney just 3 months ago and are planning on coming down for a 2-week visit in July. Can you direct me to the Fenney Friends web link?

Thanks Much.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe77 View Post
Hi - My wife and I purchased in Fenney just 3 months ago and are planning on coming down for a 2-week visit in July. Can you direct me to the Fenney Friends web link?

Thanks Much.
Try this link: FENNEY FRIENDS SOCIAL CLUB RESIDENT SITE - HOME
Old 04-13-2018, 01:13 PM

Time and distance is relative to what you are used to. We live in a very rural area. The nearest mall is an hour away at highway speed and no traffic. If we can't get it at Walmart or want something more than a pizza or burger in a sack, we have to make a road trip. Having virtually everything you need to get to be 20 minutes or less away will be like heaven for us. Being able to grocery grab on a golf cart will be even better. I'm literally taking a break from packing my moving truck at this moment. Monday, April 16th here we come, Villages look out. Will be renting for a few months while we house hunt. Fenney is beautiful and if all of the cart trails were done, it would be a no-brainer that we'd probably buy there, and may still yet. But we are going to look pre-owned in the 466A area first.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:18 PM

Thank you!
Old 04-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
My one son shops like you. The other son and I were nicknamed "look and wait" a long time ago.
My Mom at 85 buys 40% on amazon. I don’t think our kids have shopped in brick in mortar for years.
My washer and dryer is being delivered tomorrow. I was sitting at the pool when I bought everything. Win win for me.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:56 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

It's a 25 minute drive door to door to the Ocala Mall from our home in Fenney.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:11 AM

Thanks for the link to the Fenney Friends site.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 04-14-2018, 06:25 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Time and distance is relative to what you are used to. We live in a very rural area. The nearest mall is an hour away at highway speed and no traffic. If we can't get it at Walmart or want something more than a pizza or burger in a sack, we have to make a road trip. Having virtually everything you need to get to be 20 minutes or less away will be like heaven for us. Being able to grocery grab on a golf cart will be even better. I'm literally taking a break from packing my moving truck at this moment. Monday, April 16th here we come, Villages look out. Will be renting for a few months while we house hunt. Fenney is beautiful and if all of the cart trails were done, it would be a no-brainer that we'd probably buy there, and may still yet. But we are going to look pre-owned in the 466A area first.
So happy for you, we have been here for 2 years now and are still really glad we made the move.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:10 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Different strokes for different folks. That is what makes TVs (life) so great!
Old 04-14-2018, 08:39 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
My Mom at 85 buys 40% on amazon. I don’t think our kids have shopped in brick in mortar for years.
My washer and dryer is being delivered tomorrow. I was sitting at the pool when I bought everything. Win win for me.
I agree. Shopping online saves time and gas money...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, remember, publix, shopping, grocery

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.