Fenney-ites - feedback on golf cart disconnectedness

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2018, 02:23 PM
Default Fenney-ites - feedback on golf cart disconnectedness

My first post here. My wife and I are arriving in TV in less than a month and will begin our new home search. I'm wondering if anyone can share thoughts and feedback on living in the Fenney area and not yet being able to get to the rest of TV world by golf cart. We're aware of the plans and the time line for connectivity but wondering if those that have made the jump to Fenney end up feeling like being disconnected is no big deal after all, if it's not ideal but worth the wait, or maybe you feel like you're not a real villager until everything gets connected together?
Old 03-20-2018, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

I don't live in Fenney...............but I think those that do are real villagers.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I don't live in Fenney...............but I think those that do are real villagers.

I do too, and I am getting very protective of nice folks who post on this forum and already live there. They aren't chopped liver.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The way I see it even once the golf paths are connected, it would be a minimum of at east 3 miles to get to 44 and thats only to the Rohan Center....more to Brownwood!!! 3 miles may not sound like much but ...I doubt if you are going to enjoy doing that every day. Highly suggest a gas golf cart!
Old 03-20-2018, 03:16 PM

Really? That was not meant to be derogatory towards anyone. My intent was to ask if people feel like they are able to participate in the full experience while being disconnected by golf cart. It was not to imply that if you live in Fenney you aren't a real villager. That is all I will say about the comment and will not respond to anyone else putting words in my mouth. Maybe we can just start with - if you do not currently live in Fenney, then this post is not directed to you so please don't bother responding. I may be new to this forum but I am not new to forums in general. I'm well aware of the trolls that want to stir up stuff that doesn't exist.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

It takes us 48 minutes to get to Lopez by cart. We do it on occasion but driving the convertible is just more fun. We do play golf at grey and red fox once a week, Place in off season is busy. Drive our car down, golf, eat at the grill, walk the path and head home. It’s no different than us driving up to Lopez. We rented from 07 until we bought in 2010.

I think wherever you buy your home you will feel like a villager.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:40 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,440 Posts

I live in Fenney and would ask you this question. When you golf up north, how do you get to the golf course, assuming you don't live on one? If you choose to golf north of 44 at this time you would get there the same way, your car. There will soon be several more courses down here that you can get to via golf cart and more to come. There are a lot of golfers in The Villages, north and south, that do not own golf carts yet golf on a regular basis. When you get here you will soon realize that to be in Fenney or DeSoto is well worth the wait to have access to the north, who knows you may choose not to go up there once all it built down here. Good luck with your home search wherever you look.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:53 PM
Angry W o w !!!!

I'm biting my tongue so hard it's bleeding. I'm getting soooo tired of people bashing Fenney I can't stand it. My answer to you is this, "If you have feelings to the negative about Fenney, stay where you are." That way we will not have our facilities destroyed by over-use. The Putt n Play is getting used VERY much by people driving vehicles, parking everywhere and few golf carts.

Fenney is in the beginning of childhood but will grow up soon enough with ALL the ammenities the Villages expect. Give it time...
Old 03-20-2018, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
I'm biting my tongue so hard it's bleeding. I'm getting soooo tired of people bashing Fenney I can't stand it. My answer to you is this, "If you have feelings to the negative about Fenney, stay where you are." That way we will not have our facilities destroyed by over-use. The Putt n Play is getting used VERY much by people driving vehicles, parking everywhere and few golf carts.

Fenney is in the beginning of childhood but will grow up soon enough with ALL the ammenities the Villages expect. Give it time...
I agree, when we purchased in Hillsborough people were bashing us for moving so far south. My wife and I have our individual electric carts and travel all over TV. It's about a 45 minute drive to SS and I suspect it will be similar to Fenney....we are now in the middle. It may be a couple years until we all get connected, but that time will go in the blink of an eye. Those below 44 will always be part of TV, that's why we all moved here. Where you decide to travel and what mode will depend on your individual likes. If I can be so bold, I suspect that those above 466 will be most disconnected since they have the oldest amenities and not near the variety of those below. So a case can be made for both extremes if you want to and it's important to youl

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-20-2018, 04:29 PM

We bought in Fenney back in November 2017 and look forward to the day (coming soon!) when Fenney will be more connected. We plan to move down permanently when we retire in 4 years and in that amount of time we know it’s going to be great no matter where we live. I didn’t take your post as offensive....yes, we are somewhat isolated from the rest of the Villages, but everything develops over time as others have pointed out. We love our Fenney home, the people who live around us, and the amenities coming in the future.
Enjoy your visit...look around...and you’ll find the fit for you!
Old 03-20-2018, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

About seven years ago there was not one single home south of 466A. Now there are miles of them. The Villages doesn't "throw them up" but they have a well organized and choreographed method of building each home, with team following expert team. I don't think it will be long until Fenney is contiguous with the rest of us and they will be proud and glad to be pioneers.

I am proud of them already, but they studied hard to know that buying anywhere in The Villages was a good choice and they wanted new. We did too. Now our next door neighbor has joined the Fenney-ites. This place is amazing and very carefully thought out and constructed and well run. NO. I don't sell homes and have never met any of the Morses, but I would like to shake their hands. Not driving in a golf cart to the extreme northern section is only for awhile for people of Fenney.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:30 PM

Well said, graciegirl!
Old 03-20-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post

Great post TommyT! I just posted something similar over on the recommendations for things people would like to see in Brownwood thread. I too am getting tired of all the continual bashing.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Remember when Colony Plaza on 466 A was an isolated location?

I wonder where the next isolated location will be in about 5 years.

The post asking Northerners how they get to their golf course(s) hits the nail on the head.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:13 PM

I am in Fenney and love my neighborhood. Relationships with ones neighbors is more important than a golf cart. I enjoy the people here. We are planning on buying a cart in August, but my main transportation will be my car anyway. There are people down here that work like me. It is nice to be near the main arteries of travel. We are looking forward to the growth. We do not feel disconnected at all and feel blessed to have found such a haven.
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, wondering, feedback, golf, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.