Fenney-ites - feedback on golf cart disconnectedness

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2018, 06:27 PM
Platinum member

After seeing the insert in the paper the other day , about all the stuff coming to the new south area, when completed , why would anyone even want to go to the old villages areas anyway.

Chloe
&
Lulu

Last edited by Cisco Kid; 03-20-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:27 PM

We bought in Fenney in January. Will be there for two weeks for Spring Break and move down fulltime in June when I retire. We have been coming to TV for nine years. Have gone to hundreds of open house all over TV. We chose Fenney because it is its own Village at the moment. Does not bother us not being cart connected yet as that means I won't need to but a cart just yet. We have all the amenities that are everyplace else. I do have one issue, Villagers come down and use the putt and play but park in home lots that haven't been developed yet. That is going to be the one big problem in the future.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:47 PM
Default Fenney is the future of The Villages

We bought in Fenney and do not feel disconnected. From our previous home we would have to drive 5-10 miles to get to restaurants or shopping so it feels normal to drive the 4 miles to Brownwood or 8 miles to 466A. Bought a used cart to play golf down here. Each generation of the Villages seems to have improved over the previous one. Fenney is the next generation. Looking forward to new ideas from the Morse family and making new friends to enjoy life.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:09 PM
Platinum member

I live just south of 466A and people acted like it was way too far down back in 2013 when we bought.

Fenney will become as nice as any other village with all it’s own amenities. It is only a matter of time.

Welcome to The Villages, you’re going to love it.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:56 PM
Default New Amenities

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I agree, when we purchased in Hillsborough people were bashing us for moving so far south. My wife and I have our individual electric carts and travel all over TV. It's about a 45 minute drive to SS and I suspect it will be similar to Fenney....we are now in the middle. It may be a couple years until we all get connected, but that time will go in the blink of an eye. Those below 44 will always be part of TV, that's why we all moved here. Where you decide to travel and what mode will depend on your individual likes. If I can be so bold, I suspect that those above 466 will be most disconnected since they have the oldest amenities and not near the variety of those below. So a case can be made for both extremes if you want to and it's important to youl
Ref. The area above 466 having older amenities. The Villages is in the final process of purchasing 18 acres in District Four. The existing building will be utilized as a Rec. Center. A survey will be taken soon reference amenities to be added. Suggestions so far include a walking-nature trail, platform tennis, play and putt and a "walk in " swimming pool. Not including the Lopez CC pool, we will have seven pools in this district. Eighteen acres is a lot of property available to replicate the newer amenities in Fenney.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:58 PM

We are planning on moving to Fenney. As TV newbies, we probably won't buy a golf cart until it's connected. And having not lived in TV, not a big deal using a car.

We presently live in San Jose, so thinking driving around TV won't be so bad.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
If I can be so bold, I suspect that those above 466 will be most disconnected since they have the oldest amenities and not near the variety of those below. l
I am sorry but this is completely ridiculous and not based on facts.

North of 466 Villages enjoy 5 Championship golf courses and 13 Executive courses. ( Between 466 and 466A there are 4 Championships and 16 Executives, plus lots more people)

All the best full court Tennis clubs are located N of 466 (Glenview, Lopez, Hacienda)

The best and most active softball facilities are also located in the North (Saddlebrook, Buffalo Glen)

The largest entertainment venues are located N of 466 ( Savannah, Sharon, Katie Belles)

The only Polo Fields (which host a lot of great events besides Polo) are located N of 466

The only 2 bowling alleys in TV are located N of 466

The only Woodshop in TV located N of 466

2 dog parks n of 466, there is 1 S of 466 and 1 South of 466A

It might be more helpful if you would give readers actual facts.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_sjc View Post
We are planning on moving to Fenney. As TV newbies, we probably won't buy a golf cart until it's connected. And having not lived in TV, not a big deal using a car.

We presently live in San Jose, so thinking driving around TV won't be so bad.
Don't wait until all is connected. Your golf cart will be a means of meeting fellow Fenneyites. People will be cruising their neighborhoods and cart kibitzing will be popular.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2018, 08:33 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post

North of 466 Villages enjoy 5 Championship golf courses and 13 Executive courses. ( Between 466 and 466A there are 4 Championships and 16 Executives, plus lots more people)

All the best full court Tennis clubs are located N of 466 (Glenview, Lopez, Hacienda)

The best and most active softball facilities are also located in the North (Saddlebrook, Buffalo Glen)

The largest entertainment venues are located N of 466 ( Savannah, Sharon, Katie Belles)

The only Polo Fields (which host a lot of great events besides Polo) are located N of 466

It will all be south of 44 soon.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
It will all be south of 44 soon.
I'm sure there will be golf courses, pools, rec centers etc down there in time, not so sure about POLO Fields, Savannah Centers, Bowling Alleys, Softball Fields, Woodshops etc etc.

The thing is, I can enjoy all these things NOW.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
After seeing the insert in the paper the other day , about all the stuff coming to the new south area, when completed , why would anyone even want to go to the old villages areas anyway.
Will Fenney have a corridor for shopping like 441/27? That is one reason why I'm glad I'm in Mallory as it is nice and close to all the shopping. We are also close to the shopping offered on 466.

I'm hoping Fenney will have access to that type of retail and restaurants.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post

That's your view....there will be a soccer field, RC Boat and Car Course, Several Resort Pools, chip and putt plus putt and pay, additional archery, air gun and softball fields, pistol and rifle range, dog parks and dog activity parks plus others that haven't been announced south of 466A. There are many full court tennis courts, many pickleball courts and platform tennis south of 466A. Cross over 466A and you can add 3 champs and 7 Execs plus the 2 existing and 2 announced execs and 1 champ below 44. More to come. The Woodshope is geat for those that enjoy it but it is inadequate and I know many that have dropped out. I give you the Sharon, Polo and Savannah but again, specialty that is not included in the Amenity Fee and therefore not limited to Villagers. I suspect that as they grow down this way there will be less demand for those in the southern section to spend much time north of 466 as their amenities will be newer and unique.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-20-2018, 10:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
That's your view....there will be a soccer field, RC Boat and Car Course, Several Resort Pools, chip and putt plus putt and pay, additional archery, air gun and softball fields, pistol and rifle range, dog parks and dog activity parks plus others that haven't been announced south of 466A. There are many full court tennis courts, many pickleball courts and platform tennis south of 466A. Cross over 466A and you can add 3 champs and 7 Execs plus the 2 existing and 2 announced execs and 1 champ below 44. More to come. The Woodshope is geat for those that enjoy it but it is inadequate and I know many that have dropped out. I give you the Sharon, Polo and Savannah but again, specialty that is not included in the Amenity Fee and therefore not limited to Villagers. I suspect that as they grow down this way there will be less demand for those in the southern section to spend much time north of 466 as their amenities will be newer and unique.
I don't have a "view" I just look at what exists in reality.

You said this

Originally Posted by JoMar
If I can be so bold, I suspect that those above 466 will be most disconnected since they have the oldest amenities and not near the variety of those below.

Which I proved to be a joke, if you choose to believe that there are more amenities south of 44 that's your problem. It's just not true.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Gentlemen. We did the North vs. South thing before. I think we are all older and wiser than two little ones with lollipops who say, "mine is better". We all believe that where we live in The Villages is the best place in lower Paradise.

The sunrise this morning is magnificent. My view is best.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:14 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,440 Posts

Read today's paper, Thursday is the grand opening of the newest recreation center in DeSoto it also shows scheduled openings for may other amenities. Going great down here, lots to look forward to and the residents are all new, all looking for new friends and all a joy to be around.
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, wondering, feedback, golf, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.