Old 03-21-2018, 07:47 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
It will all be south of 44 soon.
You are dreaming
Old 03-21-2018, 08:23 AM

Part of the joy of living in TV is......it's not yours and mine......it's all OURS. New amenities, old classic amenities, I use and enjoy them all, by car or cart.....so lucky to live here!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Gentlemen. We did the North vs. South thing before. I think we are all older and wiser than two little ones with lollipops who say, "mine is better". We all believe that where we live in The Villages is the best place in lower Paradise.

The sunrise this morning is magnificent. My view is best.
I don’t think that anyone was "pitting" North against South.
I think erroneous info was being corrected. No lollipops were involved.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:14 AM
Gold member

If it was me, I would purchase a preowned home. Fenney may turn out well, and probably will. But, there is so much to still be added to that area down there.

12 Buying Tips For THE VILLAGES in FLORIDA - YouTube

THE BEST LOCATIONS IN THE VILLAGES - My Picks - YouTube
Old 03-21-2018, 09:19 AM
Gold member

Actually I heard the preowned homes move the fastest north of 466. Especially those north of Savannah Center. Don't believe me? Then check the lists each week. Their are less homes for sale in that area when you look at the listings.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:22 AM
Gold member

Not to mention those living north of 466 have that huge reserve fund still intact. They have used this already to update Saddlebrook, El Santiago and now the new Baptist Church property. The last time I looked the fund was around $25 million.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:56 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts
Default Golden rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Not to mention those living north of 466 have that huge reserve fund still intact. They have used this already to update Saddlebrook, El Santiago and now the new Baptist Church property. The last time I looked the fund was around $25 million.
“The Golden Rule says, “He who has the gold rules.” Anonymous OP, as you can readily see we have “Spirited discussions” on TOTV at times and many different opinions about many different subjects. That’s fine with most of us as long as it doesn’t get personal. The purchase of a home here in The Villages is a huge investment. We are all individuals from various parts of the Country (World) and backgrounds with different wants, needs and hobbies but first and foremost we are all Villagers. Welcome to TOTV and good luck with your search for a home in the location that suits your lifestyle the best.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Exactly.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Really? That was not meant to be derogatory towards anyone. My intent was to ask if people feel like they are able to participate in the full experience while being disconnected by golf cart. It was not to imply that if you live in Fenney you aren't a real villager. That is all I will say about the comment and will not respond to anyone else putting words in my mouth. Maybe we can just start with - if you do not currently live in Fenney, then this post is not directed to you so please don't bother responding. I may be new to this forum but I am not new to forums in general. I'm well aware of the trolls that want to stir up stuff that doesn't exist.
I live in the Brownwood area, however, I rarely use my golf cart because it seems everything I do is so far to the north that it's just easier and less time consuming than the cart. I expect you will find the same living down in Fenney. Fenney is a good 3 to 4 miles from the southern end of TV and another 5 or 6 from the northern end. Brownwood has been open for about 5 years now and still has many many vacant shops, not growing very fast, so you will still need to go to LSL and SS for the busier and "better" town squares. I just got used to the idea that I would not be using my cart as much as I would have liked, and it's really not a big deal. I expect you will find the same.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:02 AM

Thanks to most of you who responded with your feedback without being offended. It never ceases to amaze me how some can find offense from something that had no offensive intent or implication. If my choice of words with respect to "not feeling like a real villager" offended you, then you were probably looking to be offended to start with. As I explained, what I meant by that was related to the full TV experience vs. possibly feeling one isn't getting the full experience because of the temporary disconnectedness. This is something I see as temporary and not a big deal but my wife isn't quite sure she would feel she was having that full experience without being able to hop on a cart and go anywhere TV has to offer. That was the reason for my original question. My wife and I have visited TV many times, as many do before ever becoming residents, so we are quite familiar with many things TV. We are on the younger side of the demographic but are looking forward to becoming villagers soon.

And, no, there is no apology in the above, explicit or implied, because if you took offense to anything in the OP, it's your problem to deal with, not mine to apologize for.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
... so you will still need to go to LSL and SS for the busier and "better" town squares.
I suspect you just offended another whole group of people, based on previous responses in this thread.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
I am sorry but this is completely ridiculous and not based on facts.

North of 466 Villages enjoy 5 Championship golf courses and 13 Executive courses. ( Between 466 and 466A there are 4 Championships and 16 Executives, plus lots more people)

All the best full court Tennis clubs are located N of 466 (Glenview, Lopez, Hacienda)

The best and most active softball facilities are also located in the North (Saddlebrook, Buffalo Glen)

The largest entertainment venues are located N of 466 ( Savannah, Sharon, Katie Belles)

The only Polo Fields (which host a lot of great events besides Polo) are located N of 466

The only 2 bowling alleys in TV are located N of 466

The only Woodshop in TV located N of 466

2 dog parks n of 466, there is 1 S of 466 and 1 South of 466A

It might be more helpful if you would give readers actual facts.
Well said.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Well, I like THIS comment;

Part of the joy of living in TV is......it's not yours and mine......it's all OURS. New amenities, old classic amenities, I use and enjoy them all, by car or cart.....so lucky to live here!
Old 03-21-2018, 11:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Thanks to most of you who responded with your feedback without being offended. It never ceases to amaze me how some can find offense from something that had no offensive intent or implication. If my choice of words with respect to "not feeling like a real villager" offended you, then you were probably looking to be offended to start with. As I explained, what I meant by that was related to the full TV experience vs. possibly feeling one isn't getting the full experience because of the temporary disconnectedness. This is something I see as temporary and not a big deal but my wife isn't quite sure she would feel she was having that full experience without being able to hop on a cart and go anywhere TV has to offer. That was the reason for my original question. My wife and I have visited TV many times, as many do before ever becoming residents, so we are quite familiar with many things TV. We are on the younger side of the demographic but are looking forward to becoming villagers soon.

And, no, there is no apology in the above, explicit or implied, because if you took offense to anything in the OP, it's your problem to deal with, not mine to apologize for.
Your OP was not offensive in any way, and it is a good question. Here is my answer.

The main reason I bought in TV was to enjoy a lifestyle where I can access everything in my golf cart. I can go for a swim, play golf, go to gym, shows, movies, restaurants, Doctors appts, Club meetings, hardware store, Publix super market etc etc etc.

Sometimes I don't use my car for weeks. Eventually Fenney will have golf cart access to all but it is a long way south and it will take years for commercial buildup down there to catch up to what is available NOW up north. I am not big on delayed gratification. The choice is yours.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Your OP was not offensive in any way, and it is a good question. Here is my answer.

The main reason I bought in TV was to enjoy a lifestyle where I can access everything in my golf cart. I can go for a swim, play golf, go to gym, shows, movies, restaurants, Doctors appts, Club meetings, hardware store, Publix super market etc etc etc.

Sometimes I don't use my car for weeks. Eventually Fenney will have golf cart access to all but it is a long way south and it will take years for commercial buildup down there to catch up to what is available NOW up north. I am not big on delayed gratification. The choice is yours.

You hide and watch. Demographers have us in their sites now. We are very desirable!

Tags
fenney, wondering, feedback, golf, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.