Fenney-ites - feedback on golf cart disconnectedness

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Look, you bashed the North with this comment posted below, at the same time agreeing that nobody should bash Fenney.

If I can be so bold, I suspect that those above 466 will be most disconnected since they have the oldest amenities and not near the variety of those below.

Then I responded with a list of amenities in the North without saying one negative thing about Fenney. So maybe look in the mirror when you complain about bashing.

Now you say Polo Fields, Savannah, Sharon don't count as amenities because you have to pay. So I guess Championship Courses are not amenities as we have to pay... I don't think many villagers would agree. Besides, there are lots of activities that go on at the Polo Fields, Savannah Center etc that don't cost a penny to enjoy.
Guess we have a different opinion of "bash". As for the Championship courses, they aren't open to non-residents unless they can find an open tee time and the cost is really prohibitive. The Sharon, Savannah and Polo are open to non residents so no, I don't consider them an amenity. I agree to disagree.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
You know when all of the approved homes are completed it will most likely be quicker to drive from say Briar Meadow to Ocala than to the southern most sections of TV and most likely quicker to drive from the southern most sections to Orlando than to Briar Meadow. TV is going to be so large that a lot of residents won't venture to either end and will be content to stay within a certain radius of their homes. No part of TV should be bashed, it is and will remain a great place to be from top to bottom so it will be a matter of personal choice where new buyers choose to live. We could all use a little more rain than we have been getting.
How many folks in the most southern end of TV do you think will venture to the 441/27 corridor and the 466 corridor of retail shops and restaurants? These areas I go to very frequently. I'll be honest.....if I lived in the Fenney area, I would not go to the 441/27 corridor or the 466 corridor nearly as often as I do now. I would strategically plan my ventures to these areas rather than hop in the car and go there on a whim because I need only one or two items to shop for. I'm so glad I live in Mallory for this corridor alone. It is my most frequently visited area in TV besides Publix in Colony Plaza.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Guess we have a different opinion of "bash". As for the Championship courses, they aren't open to non-residents unless they can find an open tee time and the cost is really prohibitive. The Sharon, Savannah and Polo are open to non residents so no, I don't consider them an amenity. I agree to disagree.
Championship courses are definitely open to anybody and cost non residents from $52 to $66 in high season, there are tee times open every day, and if you think that is cost prohibitive try golf in Naples.

This is not bashing? I suspect that those above 466 will be most disconnected since they have the oldest amenities and not near the variety of those below.

Here let me try some non bashing. I suspect that those who buy way down south will suffer for years with lack of amenities, shopping, connectivity, construction dust, and an inferior Town Square while enjoying their bond payments.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Championship courses are definitely open to anybody and cost non residents from $52 to $66 in high season, there are tee times open every day, and if you think that is cost prohibitive try golf in Naples.

This is not bashing? I suspect that those above 466 will be most disconnected since they have the oldest amenities and not near the variety of those below.

Here let me try some non bashing. I suspect that those who buy way down south will suffer for years with lack of amenities, shopping, connectivity, construction dust, and an inferior Town Square while enjoying their bond payments.
I remember like it was yesterday how folks anguished about homes being built south of 466A and no square and the grocery store was swamped. Oh woe, they said.

How far is Fenney from the contiguous Villages? Five miles? Pffft.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:

Exactly, that is not bashing....just an expression of your belief...to which you are entitled. Time will change all that but for now, you are correct. The same was said of those of us that bought south of 466A.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Sage
Default Fenney-ites - feedback on golf cart disconnectedness

Maybe it’s the name, Fenny. Sounds like funny, fanny, any “ph” word but w/o the “ph” as in
Phenny. What is a Fenny anyway, besides one of the newest Villages . Is there another Phenny in Florida ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,028 Times in 2,726 Posts

Everyone please take a chill pill. Everywhere in the Villages is great and the different areas offer different strokes for different folks. It's all good: )
Old 04-04-2018, 06:52 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Maybe it’s the name, Fenny. Sounds like funny, fanny, any “ph” word but w/o the “ph” as in
Phenny. What is a Fenny anyway, besides one of the newest Villages . Is there another Phenny in Florida ?

Fenney is a natural fresh water spring recognized by the State Of Florida. Part of nature that we all get to enjoy on a daily basis if we so choose. I believe it is the only one in Sumter county.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Fenney is a natural fresh water spring recognized by the State Of Florida. Part of nature that we all get to enjoy on a daily basis if we so choose. I believe it is the only one in Sumter county.

Yes, but who is Fenny ? [emoji848] it’s not an Native American name.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Yes, but who is Fenny ? [emoji848] it’s not an Native American name.

Sounds Irish to me.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:10 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Fenney...the Village of over priced homes, few amenities , and no shopping...as PT Barnum said....

Just look at the amount of available homes in Fenney. Sales are not as robust as they want to make you think. I see they just lowered the prices on the Villas there.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
No part of TV should be bashed, it is and will remain a great place to be from top to bottom so it will be a matter of personal choice where new buyers choose to live.
This is how I feel as well. Can we stop arguing please?
Old 04-04-2018, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Fenney...the Village of over priced homes, few amenities , and no shopping...as PT Barnum said....

Just look at the amount of available homes in Fenney. Sales are not as robust as they want to make you think. I see they just lowered the prices on the Villas there.
Look at all of these homes in the Fenney-Desoto area under 275K. Why your negativity? There are real people living there and enjoying it. Why tread on their choice?

NO. I don't sell real estate. Never have.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:41 AM
Default The average villager buys 3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I agree. The links are great and the advice is spot on.
Buying something based on emotion can be risky. I sat through many timeshare presentations selling the good life, one week at a time.
I rented before I bought down here too like the sales guy recommends. There is no timeshare salesman pressure down here. At least I didn't feel any. The pressure I think is what I created. That's the emotion part.
If the average villager does indeed buy 3 times that says quite a bit.
I've heard that the average villager moves 3x it does make me wonder. Do they enjoy packing? The paperwork?

IN THE END YOU CAN BE HAPPY OR MISERABLE ANYWHERE.
YOU CAN SEE THE FLOWERS OR FIND THE WEEDS.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:58 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

There are a lot of available homes because they have built a lot of inventory quickly and continue to do so, just take a look at DeSoto. Sales are very robust and several families per day are physically moving in here, many others have been purchased by snowbirds and others for investment rentals. The Villas sell very well, most Villa neighborhoods are sold out in a matter of a few weeks. The higher priced Villas or those on not so desirable lots tend to sit for awhile and then they reduce the prices on those particular models. The Veranda models are selling at a pretty good clip now that they have released them and so are the furnished models they recently released on Spanish Moss Way. It is not uncommon to go to an advertised open house and find that it was already sold. The homes are not over priced, just the opposite and they are drawing investors into the area. I don't understand why you say there are no amenities down here, there are plenty of them even more than some of the other villages. I will agree that there is no shopping but they have already broken ground for our first plaza and we all knew that before buying here. Also can't agree with your PT Barnum theory, most of the homes that were purchased in early to mid 2017 have increased in value quite substantially based on actual re-sales as well as the selling prices of recently built homes.
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, wondering, feedback, golf, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.