Fenney Property

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2017, 05:08 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,318 Times in 384 Posts

Why are so many people so obsessed with Fenney?
Old 09-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
Yeah, they'll be happy until they get that first tax bill and figure out what that bond will cost.
why would you assume we in Fenney don't know what our bond and taxes are. I know exactly what our bond is and know within a couple percent what our taxes will be.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:39 PM

better yet, why do some seem anti-Fenney?
Old 09-24-2017, 05:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmi View Post
better yet, why do some seem anti-Fenney?
Because some people can't accept new and different,
Old 09-24-2017, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

[QUOTE=villagerjack;1452414]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
FYI....Whitney Bulger the convicted Mob Boss from Boston is housed @Coleman
And what difference does that make?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-24-2017, 09:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
Yeah, they'll be happy until they get that first tax bill and figure out what that bond will cost.
For most people buying in TV, this isn't their first home buying rodeo. Don't most people buying a home in Fenney (or any home where the bond is not paid off) ask how much is the bond balance? How much will my annual bond payment be, what is the interest rate and for how many years? Those would be some of the first questions I would ask if I was considering buying a home that had a bond to be paid off.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 09-24-2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-24-2017, 11:08 PM

Beware the old folk syndrome some have that they know it all even when they don't .
Old 09-24-2017, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatRatKat View Post
If you were made to feel a fool because you bought near traffic noise, imagine what those who bought near the dump feel like when told their lanai smells like a sewage tank? This is not about dissing TV, we're all obviously here because we like the place. This is about smart people trying to do their due diligence so that they don't end up living in a home that is not in their comfort zone. A dump is a big deal, a prison is a big deal! Maybe not for some folks but for many it is. The realtors don't seem to be disclosing this information so it's up to us disclose it to one another and that is where TOTV comes in. If we don't, then we truly live in La La Land inside The Bubble.
Where is the dump to which you refer in your post? Are there several in TV?
Old 09-25-2017, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Bashing of buying a new home in a new village is nothing new. We were so excited when we bought our first home in 2010 in Pennacamp. We actually had people tell us that we were stupid and how could we be so naïve as to buy in that far corner in the villages. You are so far away you aren't close to anything.

Our house would be worthless the day that we bought it. For some reason some people that live here just feel the need to make you feel uneasy about a large purchase that you just made. I'm not sure if this is been going on since the inception of the villages but for sure I do know that it's been going on since 2010.

We have looked several times at Fenny, And do love the walking trails and just the quiet atmosphere. If we should decide to buy in Fenny, let the bashing begin again, it's nothing new,

I am so confused that some people who live here are not happy about someone moving to this wonderful community, instead those few people can make them feel unwanted when they buy in a new village.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:06 AM
Gold member
Default Sales rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Just wondering; any of you who purchased in Fenney......did your sale's rep let you know there was a prison near by? If not; were you already aware there was a prison near by; if not did you find out there was a prison near by after you closed on your home?
I've been told-not sure if it is so-that the people selling for the villages are not real estate brokers so you do not have the minimal protections of the bylaws for a broker. This was of course told to me by a broker. Minimal is my thoughts. n the past long long time ago in a different land called NY, I had a documented breach of the brokers code of ethics. The brokers group wanted me to testify. The penaty would have been financial. I asked the obvious who gets the money-It goes to the brokers group. They had it all worked out. I was expected to work for free to clean up their act.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
I've been told-not sure if it is so-that the people selling for the villages are not real estate brokers so you do not have the minimal protections of the bylaws for a broker. This was of course told to me by a broker. Minimal is my thoughts. n the past long long time ago in a different land called NY, I had a documented breach of the brokers code of ethics. The brokers group wanted me to testify. The penaty would have been financial. I asked the obvious who gets the money-It goes to the brokers group. They had it all worked out. I was expected to work for free to clean up their act.
Villages sales agents are not realtors, per say....a Realtor is a person licensed to sell Real Estate that is a member of a governing board of realtors...this membership allows them access to the MLS multiple listing service.
The villages are real estate agents (licensed by the state of florida), but work only for a builder and the builder has created his own Villages Multiple listing service VLS. These agents can only sell VLS listings.

The main difference between the 2 is the brokerage contracts.......
Most MLS realtors are Transaction Brokers-meaning they are working for the sale of the property(transaction) and that is there goal. They play no favoritism to the home seller or the home buyer. There goal is to sell the home. When you buy a home you are required to sign the agency disclosure and this facts must be explained to you.

VLS sales agents are Single Agents- meaning they represent the seller only and have no obligations to the buyer. They put there efforts in the Developer and not the home buyer. When you buy a home you are required by the state of florida to sign a disclosure ackowledging that you are aware of this fact and it has been explained to you that you are being represented by a Single Agent.

Thats the main difference. Anyone in the state of florida selling property for someone else must hold a real estate license and ahear to the florida laws. But how you are represented by the agent and what information they have access to, is the main differences.

Some builders in SFLA used this practice, and MLS realtors could show the new homes, but not get a commission. This practice has become obsolete in Broward for the most part due to the limits it had on attracting new home buyers. But that was Broward....The villages is an entirely different ball game and has advertising USA wide and can make the new home sales without the use of typical Realtors.

Last edited by kstew43; 09-25-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Villages sales agents are not realtors, per say....a Realtor is a person licensed to sell Real Estate that is a member of a governing board of realtors...this membership allows them access to the MLS multiple listing service.
The villages are real estate agents (licensed by the state of florida), but work only for a builder and the builder has created his own Villages Multiple listing service VLS. These agents can only sell VLS listings.

The main difference between the 2 is the brokerage contracts.......
Most MLS realtors are Transaction Brokers-meaning they are working for the sale of the property(transaction) and that is there goal. They play no favoritism to the home seller or the home buyer. There goal is to sell the home. When you buy a home you are required to sign the agency disclosure and this facts must be explained to you.

VLS sales agents are Single Agents- meaning they represent the seller only and have no obligations to the buyer. They put there efforts in the Developer and not the home buyer. When you buy a home you are required by the state of florida to sign a disclosure ackowledging that you are aware of this fact and it has been explained to you that you are being represented by a Single Agent.

Thats the main difference. Anyone in the state of florida selling property for someone else must hold a real estate license and ahear to the florida laws. But how you are represented by the agent and what information they have access to, is the main differences.

Some builders in SFLA used this practice, and MLS realtors could show the new homes, but not get a commission. This practice has become obsolete in Broward for the most part due to the limits it had on attracting new home buyers. But that was Broward....The villages is an entirely different ball game and has advertising USA wide and can make the new home sales without the use of typical Realtors.
AND The Villages agents are NOT pushy, because they don't have to be. The homes here are sold by the residents word of mouth to a large extent. Many people who don't like that try to diss The Villages, their sales agents and the builders, every chance they get.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
AND The Villages agents are NOT pushy, because they don't have to be. The homes here are sold by the residents word of mouth to a large extent. Many people who don't like that try to diss The Villages, their sales agents and the builders, every chance they get.
sorry your sales agent was pushy or you have know villages sales agents to be pushy? I never made a statement that mine was....
Old 09-25-2017, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
sorry your sales agent was pushy or you have know villages sales agents to be pushy? I never made a statement that mine was....
Every chance they get.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The Villages agent I have used for years is a licensed real estate agent in Florida and not pushy at all. They are independent contractors and actually each have their own business.

Tags
villages, fenney, prison, property, center

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.