Fenney Property

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2017, 12:56 PM
Sage

I visited Fenney during my visit to TV 3 weeks ago, I thought Fenney was lovely. Everyone using the pool near the rec center looked quite happy. Hope all the new residents in Fenney are happy and enjoying their new homes and the walking/nature path.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
You do realize Coleman federal Prison will be VCDD 13, however I don't think there will be golf cart access!
But is Coleman getting any pickleball courts or an adult pool?
Old 09-23-2017, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Who says they wouldn't head for the easy pray across the pasture? After all they had years of pumping iron to over power guards and any old retirees close by.
Don't worry, the dogs will get them. Didn't you watch any prison break movies? And if they get past the bloodhounds the local Bijons and Peek-a-poos are an excellent second line of defense.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

So when you purchased here....did they tell you a Federal prison was about 6 miles away.....after they overpower the guards and car jack transportation and head north to Publix (they will need food) and then find a snowbird empty house to hide in and break in to the house next store to get their TV. I'm nervous now

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-23-2017, 02:16 PM
Sage

Chi-Town and JoMar, You guys are a hoot!
Old 09-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

If the prison is the real reason you don't buy a home in Fenney then I feel sorry for you. The chance of a problem is small. We lived a few miles from a Maximum security prison in N.J. with no problem ever.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:33 PM
Gold member

The prison will be the next town square. And, every night the band will start by playing Jail House Rock.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
The prison will be the next town square. And, every night the band will start by playing Jail House Rock.
LOL.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Just wondering; any of you who purchased in Fenney......did your sale's rep let you know there was a prison near by? If not; were you already aware there was a prison near by; if not did you find out there was a prison near by after you closed on your home?
Prison, yes
Debris dump, yes
Power lines. Yes
1 Starbucks. Yes
Crazy kissing lanai neighbor YES

Guess our reps were pretty forthcoming in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014
Old 09-23-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I visited Fenney during my visit to TV 3 weeks ago, I thought Fenney was lovely. Everyone using the pool near the rec center looked quite happy. Hope all the new residents in Fenney are happy and enjoying their new homes and the walking/nature path.
Yeah, they'll be happy until they get that first tax bill and figure out what that bond will cost.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
Yeah, they'll be happy until they get that first tax bill and figure out what that bond will cost.
NO Bond Here, We Paid it Off.......
Old 09-23-2017, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
So Sumter taxes, fruitland park tax. Ya know ther is a bond, are you saying everybody is just too stupid to know that fact. I really thought that as we got older we actually became wiser acording to you not so much.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
So Sumter taxes, fruitland park tax. Ya know ther is a bond, are you saying everybody is just too stupid to know that fact. I really thought that as we got older we actually became wiser acording to you not so much.
Sheezzz, I didn't attack Fred R that much. What's the Deal with that?....
Old 09-24-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw14 View Post
NO Bond Here, We Paid it Off.......
Of course there was a bond. You happened to be able to pay it off. That obviously added to the price of the home. No escapes it. You either cough up the big bucks or you pay for it for many years with interest. Either way, there is a bond down there.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:30 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

This is an interesting thread. As a person who inspects over 400 new homes in The Villages every year top to bottom, on roofs, in attics, Lanai's, etc, I think some here are not seeing something that the hierarchy of The Villages clearly and wisely see.

The simple fact is this. Folks are different. Folks want different things. For a developer to be successful, they need to understand this. The Villages as a developer gets it.

What do I mean by this? Simple. I see folks who happily pay a large premium for a pond view. Or a conservation view. They love it. They love waking up everyday and seeing that tranquil view. For them it is worth every penny. Down the road years from now when they sell they will sell to another person who has that same mindset.

I see other folks all the time who would HATE that view. They tell me "no way, the bugs, the snakes, etc....it is a swamp!" Others love a golf course view. Others tell me, "No way! Golf carts driving by your house, golf balls hitting your house, etc, etc."

Others do not mind kissing lanai's, some would prefer not to have them. Some folks want a wood frame vinyl sided house, some stucco.

I have met people who think their 4000 sqft. Premier home is too small for just 2 people. I met a lady the other day who is thrilled with her 1200 sq ft cottage. Some love their courtyard villa, some love walls, some crave the wide open spaces.

People are thankfully very different, and The Villages does a great job of having something for everyone.

Fenny is beautiful, and I look forward to doing one year warranty inspections there soon.

We all have opinions, but perhaps we should be careful that our opinions do not "rain on someone's parade". EVERY home has good and bad points, and a feature that someone would NEVER live with may be in your opinion the best part of your home.

Anyone who lives anywhere in The Villages is probably in the top 1% of the worlds population......we are ALL very blessed.

Just my two cents....may not be worth even that.

Respectfully, Frank D.

Tags
villages, fenney, prison, property, center

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.