Fenney Putt & Play Parking Problems

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2019, 08:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts
Default Fenney Putt & Play Parking Problems

10 months ago I predicted that parking would be a problem with parking at the Putt & Play. Didn't need a crystal ball for that one, just one flyover showed everything, see for yourself.

My Prediction
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 03-31-2019, 09:14 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Plenty of space to include car parking in this March 2017 picture -> Dropbox - IMG_5947.JPG
Old 03-31-2019, 09:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

They could probably fill in some of the pond and put in parking but that will cause a major flap with SWFWMD, they really hate changes.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 03-31-2019, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Pretty obvious it'd be a problem, since there is no -car- parking allowed there, and no one can get a golf cart to Fenney from the north. So anyone from the north who wants to use the pitch and putt, needs to park half a mile away and walk. That doesn't exactly sound like much fun - a mile's walk round trip, for the privilege of enjoying an amenity only select residents are allowed to drive to?
Old 04-01-2019, 03:30 AM

Setup parking at a rec center and send a trolly down. I'm sure the realtors won't mind.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:36 AM

That is not the only place like this in The Villages. I am sure the people in Hacienda at Mission Hills wouldn't appreciate parking in their neighborhood by people wanting to visit the park adjacent to their area that has golf cart parking only. I am sure there are a few other areas like this in The Villages. If people were a little bit more careful where they parked it may not be a problem. They park right at the corner, on both sides of the street and on people's lawns.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF Doc View Post
That is not the only place like this in The Villages. I am sure the people in Hacienda at Mission Hills wouldn't appreciate parking in their neighborhood by people wanting to visit the park adjacent to their area that has golf cart parking only. I am sure there are a few other areas like this in The Villages. If people were a little bit more careful where they parked it may not be a problem. They park right at the corner, on both sides of the street and on people's lawns.
No, that isn't it at all. People in Fenney are putting "no parking" signs in front of their lawns, and complaining that people are parking in front of their lawns. Some of the streets are very narrow and just can't accommodate two-way traffic PLUS cars parked on both sides of the street.

The problem isn't people parking. It's the developer's choices and plans, when they laid out the neighborhoods. I would suggest it is also the fault of the county zoning department for approving these plans and choices for roadways.

And the architect's design of the Putt -n- Play property; he should've known to ask "where will the cars park?"
Old 04-01-2019, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Pretty obvious it'd be a problem, since there is no -car- parking allowed there, and no one can get a golf cart to Fenney from the north. So anyone from the north who wants to use the pitch and putt, needs to park half a mile away and walk. That doesn't exactly sound like much fun - a mile's walk round trip, for the privilege of enjoying an amenity only select residents are allowed to drive to?
Not that it will make any difference, there will be cart access to Fenney.

Is it really a half a mile?
Old 04-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
No, that isn't it at all. People in Fenney are putting "no parking" signs in front of their lawns, and complaining that people are parking in front of their lawns. Some of the streets are very narrow and just can't accommodate two-way traffic PLUS cars parked on both sides of the street.

The problem isn't people parking. It's the developer's choices and plans, when they laid out the neighborhoods. I would suggest it is also the fault of the county zoning department for approving these plans and choices for roadways.

And the architect's design of the Putt -n- Play property; he should've known to ask "where will the cars park?"
One can't help but wonder, if the "plan" all along was to limit the Putt & Play to primarily only local Fenney residents...who have golf carts?
Old 04-01-2019, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The best way for people (US) to not make the situation worse is to steer clear of the Putt and Play until a better way of handling parking is implemented. We certainly can find other things to do with our time other than jamming up the people who should be living a stress-free life that this situation affects. Just use your head and think about what you would want to have happen if any potential problem arose in your neighborhood.

A solution is on its way now that the WAAAAAMBULANCE has rightfully arrived. We just have to be a little patient I would think! Isn't it something that a lot of the people with actual solutions don't even live there? The residents will take care of it all by themselves. Pain is a great motivator. Solutions take time.

Reminds me of people who have never been over the Golf Cart Bridge, Used the Cart Gate towards Lowes on 441 or used The Duke Energy Path that had solutions to all the problems with all three of them.

I guess you never know though someone who doesn't live near the problem could be the one with the answer, it is possible!
Old 04-01-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
A solution is on its way now that the WAAAAAMBULANCE has rightfully arrived.
And better planning up front would prevent the Wambulance from showing up. I'm pretty astounded there's not a single car parking place at the P&P. Doesn't TV have plenty of people with handicapped tags who'd rather drive their car than a golf cart?

Perhaps it was planned to be a local amenity that wouldn't draw people from outside, but it's new so people are coming to check it out.

GWN called it - major problem that could have been avoided.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:21 AM
Platinum member

Neither my circus nor my monkey.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:47 AM

I thought Fenney didn't have any worthwhile amenities? Why all this noise about using them?
Old 04-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic View Post
I thought Fenney didn't have any worthwhile amenities? Why all this noise about using them?
Old 04-01-2019, 10:16 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
And better planning up front would prevent the Wambulance from showing up. I'm pretty astounded there's not a single car parking place at the P&P. Doesn't TV have plenty of people with handicapped tags who'd rather drive their car than a golf cart?

Perhaps it was planned to be a local amenity that wouldn't draw people from outside, but it's new so people are coming to check it out.

GWN called it - major problem that could have been avoided.

Minor problem as seen by a few.
Closed Thread

Tags
parking, putt, play, ball, crystal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.