Fenney Rec Center Renovation

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2021, 09:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs631 View Post
With all due respect Goldwing nut, they only asked a question and never made any accusations. Why all the disparaging remarks. I agree with your answers but your remarks make you sound like the developers lawyer. Lighten up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPGuar View Post
I agree Goldwing nut sounds just a little bit harsh to the op's post. But thanks Goldwing nut for the correct answer.
Really no harsher than the negative tone taken by the OP. Yes, there were questions asked but they were heavily laced with negative inuendo and a hint of wrongdoing by the developer. As others have said, this was always in the plans. Just like buying a Big Mac at McDonalds, you don't own the store just because you bought lunch there.

Even if the amenities are sold to one of the central districts, the residents still have no ownership rights BUT we all then do have a say at what happens and what changes through our representatives on the AAC and PWAC.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 02-25-2021, 09:45 AM

And the developer has a lot more money sincethey haven't built a championship golf course south of brownwood.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:51 AM

Actually it was a sales office that had to be converted to a regular rec center so that should be a sufficient answer
Old 02-25-2021, 09:51 AM

Gotta love folks that defend the developer like a family member. It's a reaction to make them feel better about getting taken.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebooo View Post
And the developer has a lot more money sincethey haven't built a championship golf course south of brownwood.
Wrong.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
Gotta love folks that defend the developer like a family member. It's a reaction to make them feel better about getting taken.
No, that's you. Me, I love the folks that bash and hate the Developer like a red headed step-child every chance they get. It's a reaction to make them feel better about not educating themselves on how the place operates. Some did little or no due diligence before buying.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
You are so out of the loop.......
Old 02-25-2021, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
No, that's you. Me, I love the folks that bash and hate the Developer like a red headed step-child every chance they get. It's a reaction to make them feel better about not educating themselves on how the place operates. Some did little or no due diligence before buying.
I agree with CW!
BTW Nick if you feel you got taken what is keeping you here?
Old 02-25-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
The developer owns the amenities south of SR44, they are responsible for 100% of the maintenance and operating costs, including ANY expansion costs. If you live south of SR44 your amenity fee is paid to the developer. The developer in turn pays the SLAD (Sumter Landing Amenity Division) and RAD (Recreation Amenities Division) the operating costs incurred by the Recreation Department to staff and operate the facilities for them.

Here's a little secret you may have forgotten since moving into your little bubble, the developer is doing all of this to make a profit! It's a business for them. Profit is not a dirty word, it is the reality that allowed each and every one of us living here to be able to live here, if you think otherwise, you are only fooling yourself.

So, let's get back to the question at hand, who is paying for this expansion? The reality is that the developer is paying for it out of their profits. Some will argue that the residents are paying for this, in a way you are correct, you signed a contract and agreed to pay the amenity fee for as long as you live here, get over it! Did you amenity fee go up because of this? NO. If the majority of the residents asked for this expansion, only then could the amenity fee be raised, read your deed restrictions, this is in there. Since they didn't ask for the expansion, the residents will not be impacted or charged for the expansion.

Are the Amenity Fees from north of SR44 paying for any of this? NO. These funds do not support the amenities south of SR44 because their amenity contracts are owned by either the SLAD or the RAD, NOT THE DEVELOPER. The developer owns the facilities and the amenity contracts with the residents. The residents do not own the amenities, or the amenity fee contracts so the statement by O P that "...our Amenity fee is paying for this" is incorrect, it is not "our" money to spend. The O P's final statement is also both incorrect and little more than biased and unsubstantiated developer bashing.

Take the time to learn how the system works before complaining about it or making false and unfounded statements out of ignorance.

One last thought, you should feed damn lucky that these expansions are being done for you and at no cost to you. The developer has no obligation or requirement to do the expansions and could have just as easily said no to this work and you would have not known the difference.
You are absolutely correct...on all points. People would much rather complain that get the facts.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
It was not a bare bones facility, it was used as a sales office for over 3 years and is no longer needed in that capacity. This is not going to be funded by the residents, TV is still in control down here and this renovation was planned from day one.. This is a positive thing happening and you are making it out to be negative.
Completely agree. Some people just aren’t happy unless they’re complaining.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Instead of hating you might try thinking about what you said.

1. The Villages is in the middle of building a new course at the south end. That's a fact.

2. This is not a fact.... but I have heard it costs approx. 1 million dollars a hole to build a golf course. I really don't know or care. Now, how many homes are on an average hole on a golf course? What is the average premium on each of these building lots? Now do you still think they are making money by not building as much golf as before? I think they are losing money. Oh and don't forget something they know that you probably don't.....golf is on the decline in the US in a big way. Try Google and ask how many golf courses are closing each year?

Here's one - There Aren't Enough Golfers To Keep All Of The U.S. Courses In Business : NPR
Old 02-25-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I agree with CW!
BTW Nick if you feel you got taken what is keeping you here?
Agreed. If there are so many unhappy people that do nothing but complain, I'm sure you could sell and move someplace else and make a tidy profit on their home. It is America, you are free to go.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboutj View Post
Agreed. If there are so many unhappy people that do nothing but complain, I'm sure you could sell and move someplace else and make a tidy profit on their home. It is America, you are free to go.
And I like to say " I-95 has a North bound lane too!"
Old 02-25-2021, 12:46 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs631 View Post
With all due respect Goldwing nut, they only asked a question and never made any accusations. Why all the disparaging remarks. I agree with your answers but your remarks make you sound like the developers lawyer. Lighten up.
The OP is more like a statement at the end with the ? seeming to be asking why? A very negative statement and he probably doesn't even live in Fenney.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:48 PM

I have two problems with the plan. First, there is no sign of the cafe we all love so much. Secondly, you have to walk through the room with the pool tables to get to the lanai. That is very distracting.. However, I am confident that it will look amazing when completed. I know the developer has created a remarkable environment here and rather than cast ill-informed aspersions, I choose to revel in my good fortune to have a home in such a beautiful place.

Last edited by FenneyFanatic; 02-25-2021 at 12:55 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
center, rec, renovations, renovation, district.gov

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.