Fenney Taxes and Fees

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2017, 02:37 PM
Veteran member
Default Fenney Taxes and Fees

I saw a nice cottage home in Fenney for the low 200K range. After checking out the bond amount I found it was 29K (Unit 1F). It also has a Sumter County tax as well as an additional Wildwood $4.00 per thousand city tax. Then I checked the Sumter Tax database and found that the cottage is proposed to have a $767 maintenance fee. Do these additional fees seem a bit high? Are the newer areas outside of Fenney this high? Would appreciate your input.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN & JOSIE View Post
I saw a nice cottage home in Fenney for the low 200K range. After checking out the bond amount I found it was 29K (Unit 1F). It also has a Sumter County tax as well as an additional Wildwood $4.00 per thousand city tax. Then I checked the Sumter Tax database and found that the cottage is proposed to have a $767 maintenance fee. Do these additional fees seem a bit high? Are the newer areas outside of Fenney this high? Would appreciate your input.

You’re smart to do your due diligence. Be prepared for an onslaught of opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2017, 05:51 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for your reply
Old 10-24-2017, 06:33 PM
Sage
Default Fenney Taxes and Fees

Quote:
Thanks for your reply

Ok, I expected more input. I’ll give you mine. If your interested in lower taxes your only choice in a new home would be Osceola Hills. No city taxes, only Sumter County. Maintenance approx $560, my bond 26K for a designer.
Pine Hills/Ridge is Lake County plus City of Fruitland Park taxes.
That’s about it in a nutshell, Sumter County unincorporated is the most inexpensive of all the new home areas.
This is not including the CYV’s up north in Marion County. Marion is again, more in taxes.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:59 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Are you sure of the bond amount for that unit? It seems high for Fenney.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:06 PM
Veteran member

The bond of 29K for Unit 1F is correct. I was shocked that the bond for a cottage home was so high, plus a $767 maintenance fee. The Unit 2F was 25K, and Unit 3F is 26K. All these were cottage homes.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:36 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

OP, there are a number of resales with more house and less bond currently for sale between 466A and state Rt. 44 in Sumter county. If you are looking for value I would take a look if I was looking for a house here in The Villages. Many of these homes will be five years or less old. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Wel Kevin there is very little left in Oceola so if you want new you'll have to bite the bullet. The Villas and cottages are selling very quickly and soon they will be building in the Village of Desoto as the streets are already paved over there. It's amazing how fast these are selling.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Are you sure of the bond amount for that unit? It seems high for Fenney.
Why would you think Fenney bonds would be lower ? Somebody has to pay for all the amenities they are putting in down there.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:45 PM

Our bond on a new designer home Charlotte in 2014 was around 18k. Amazing how high the Fenny bonds are. Prices for the homes are lower right now, but seems like the bonds are making up for that. A realtor friend told me once Fenny is connected to the rest of TV, low prices will go away.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman View Post
Our bond on a new designer home Charlotte in 2014 was around 18k. Amazing how high the Fenny bonds are. Prices for the homes are lower right now, but seems like the bonds are making up for that. A realtor friend told me once Fenny is connected to the rest of TV, low prices will go away.

18K designer CDD 10 in 2014, don’t think so.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Do you really think it would be any different down there? After all somebody has to pay for the miles of cart path and bridges to brownwood. They have been doing this long time they have figured out how to make the residents pay for everything including maintaining. The lifestyle comes at price. IMO Marion county is the highest county taxes to live in.. the bond is money maker if you don't pay off. The interest sucks you dry.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Do you really think it would be any different down there? After all somebody has to pay for the miles of cart path and bridges to brownwood. They have been doing this long time they have figured out how to make the residents pay for everything including maintaining. The lifestyle comes at price. IMO Marion county is the highest county taxes to live in.. the bond is money maker if you don't pay off. The interest sucks you dry.

This place is beautiful. It’s the price to pay for living in a well maintained park.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:27 AM

Quote:
You are paying for the Villages lifestyle and you get a lot here, that's why so many people come. One way to get around this is to find a similar resale with the bond paid already
Old 10-25-2017, 05:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Please read what you wrote.

No matter where you live in this country/world the infrastructure is factored into the price of your home. No matter where you live you pay for parks and streets and snow removal and the salaries of the people who run the place and "the lifestyle".

And when people resell their home here they price it to include the bond being paid or not.

I think the amenity fee and bond are fair here, just different than where we came from. My worst fear was that someone would vote a lot of silly things they wanted and cause the amenity fee to rise, but thank goodness the amenity fee here is based on cost of living.

Tags
tax, fenney, sumter, additional, cottage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.