Fenney to Town Square ?

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2018, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_sjc View Post
Just retired, living in Fenney. It's not a big deal getting in the car and driving to Brownwood. Maybe 10-15 minutes depending on traffic.

Being newly retired, I don't know how great it is to ride everywhere in the golf cart. Used to live in San Jose, couldn't get anywhere in 15 minutes and once I got there took a while to find a parking space. Just happy being here and not working.

So 2 years and it will be connected or there will be a new town square closer to Fenney. Life is good.
One of the great joys of living here is being able to take the golf cart for a drive, and not looking at the clock! I frequent Fenney often (for work and for golf), and I can't wait to be able to cart there.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_sjc View Post

So 2 years and it will be connected or there will be a new town square closer to Fenney. Life is good.
It's actually 15 months, but whose counting, right? Many of us have experienced the access to everything by cart. It's probably more difficult to have that and then not have it than it is to have never had it in the first place.

There's no telling when the next "square" will be built. It was announced that they had agreed to build one as part of all of the new land dealings, but no timeline was announced, or location. It's possible that the next one could be as far from Fenney, or further, than Brownwood is. I think it's safe to say we will have connectivity long before another square option exists.

We had reservations about buying in Fenney because of it being disconnected, but have found it to not be that big a deal. As you said, they still allow cars around here. But we still look forward to the connectivity.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Brownwood to Lake Sumter Landing is 15 - 20 minute GC ride and then Lake Sumter to Spanish Springs is another 15 minutes maybe. I am in Fenney and am expecting the trip from here to Brownwood to be around 15 to 20 minutes, but that could vary by several minutes depending on where you start from down here.
I want your golf cart. I drive from Bridgeport Lake Sumter to Big Cypress three times a week in a slightly juiced golf cart and it takes me 25 minutes, even early on a Sunday Morning.

The day I first got here my dear husband picked me up at Lake Sumter landing and drove me from to the brand new Villages Life Style villas near Brownwood. It took over 30 minutes.

Lake Sumter to Spanish Springs is just over 15 minutes.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:31 PM

I hear ya,, I’m on LI NY so I’m used to driving everywhere. I’m sure once I’m retired and living in TV I’ll be using my car most of the time. Just getting around in the gulf cart looks like so much fun LOL, It wont determine my decision one way or the other.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:40 PM
Veteran member

FWIW We live in the north end near Rt42. Today we did a round trip to Brownwood from our home with a stop in Lake Sumter. Time from home to Brownwood was 57 minutes. Trip from home to Lake Sumter 30 minutes.

Tags
fenney, town, long, golf, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.