Fenny or ???

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2019, 07:09 AM
Default Fenny is the other side of the planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriboo View Post
Planning on moving to the villages. New builds are in Fenny. What are your thoughts on That area? Seems a bit far from all the other things that are happening in the villages.
If your looking to enjoy the villages lifestyle Fenny is not the place to live. I’ve only heard negative feedback from folks that live there, it’s so far from everything the villages is all about.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:38 AM

I bought in the De Soto Village and all I can say is positive remarks about the complete area. Its amazing to see the amount of people we receive at our Canine Park that are from "The North". And their comments are all favorable.

They way we view it is, we bought in the "VILLAGES" and never worried about the pros and cons. We enjoy our trips to the north via Buena Vista or Morse Blvd. The scenery on each trip always brings us something new to see.

And that's what counts enjoying our retirement.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:26 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
If your looking to enjoy the villages lifestyle Fenny is not the place to live. I’ve only heard negative feedback from folks that live there, it’s so far from everything the villages is all about.
That is totally untrue. OP if you want to know more about Fenney and how the residents feel you can request to join the Village of Fenney Facebook page, there you will see posts from those who actually live in Fenney and enjoy being here, there are also pages for Desoto, and McClure. I have been here two years next week and can assure you there is very minimal negativity in Fenney, everyone is new to the experience and are enjoying meeting and socializing with the other residents. The new amenities provided south of 44 cannot be found in other villages, if you have dogs there are Veranda Designer homes with fully fenced in private yards, more family pools that welcome your children and grandchildren than anywhere else in TV, i can go on and on. There are parties both large and small on a weekly basis, you can be as social or as private as you want to be, there is so much to do down here that you can keep busy all day long. Don't believe what you read from outsiders, many of them have been bashing Fenney since day one but in just two years it has become the the most populated village within The Villages having over 3,600 residents and less than a dozen re-sale homes and only 10 new spec. homes on the market at this time. It's a great place to live and retire. I am not saying this is for everyone but there are a ton of happy campers down here.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:32 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
. . . I am not saying this is for everyone but there are a ton of happy campers down here.
And that is what it is all about! In the 3 years we have lived here, and 6 years that I have been reading posts on TOTV, I don't remember anyone saying they dislike their village. I love my village but I will bet I would love ANY village. It is all so beautiful and peaceful and, well, just perfect!
Old 05-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Gold member

I agree, location of many stores and restaurants are more important. You can take a walk anywhere. But, you cannot do that when you need butter or a fast sandwich. Location is more important to me then new.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

I can totally understand where Fenny would appeal to a certain group of people, particularly those who don't plan on using their golf carts as primary transportation...to a plethora of golf courses/ shopping/medical appointments/large choice of restaurants/Etc...or who prefer walking/hiking trails over MMP's.

For me though (and different strokes for different folks), I personally still think the 'Heart of The Villages'...will always be about a 4 mile radius around Lake Sumter Landing.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Because there is only one road (Marsh Bend Trail) to get in and out. One end of that road will be at 301 and the other at Warm Springs Ave, which is several miles away.

The people who live in the middle, like in De Luna, will have to drive miles just to get out to a main road, which will irritate them, so they will drive faster. Since Marsh Bend Trail has a lot of curves and the road is shared with golf carts, I think there will be more accidents than we see on roads like Moyer or Odell.

The people in Linden and Monarch Grove will much easier access to 501.
Have you observed people speeding on Marsh Bend Trail?
Old 05-04-2019, 10:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Its Fenney.
I have heard just the opposite.
Fenney bashing is no longer funny.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
I agree, location of many stores and restaurants are more important. You can take a walk anywhere. But, you cannot do that when you need butter or a fast sandwich. Location is more important to me then new.
Are you looking to relocate?
Old 05-04-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

If I were 55 again I'd love to live down there. In another 4-5 years you'll probably see 301 as a 6 lane toll road, there will be a mall where the late Whitey B used to reside and "Senior Disney" where the limestone quarry now is and lots of malls on either side and maybe even a Costco (JUST KIDDING!) Right now it's over 14 miles and 9999 roundabouts from 441 to furthest point south and it would be a hellava cart ride to Spanish Springs and just a long ride to LS even when it eventually becomes possible to do that. If you're young(ish) and have time to wait go for the newest areas but if you're nearing the end of your statistical time on earth go further north for every year closer you get to that pushing up daisies number.

If you want NEW, though that's probably your only option.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

I can totally understand where Fenny would appeal to a certain group of people, particularly those who don't plan on using their golf carts as primary transportation...to a plethora of golf courses/ shopping/medical appointments/large choice of restaurants/Etc...or who prefer walking/hiking trails over MMP's.

For me though (and different strokes for different folks), I personally still think the 'Heart of The Villages'...will always be about a 4 mile radius around Lake Sumter Landing.
Its Fenney…………………………………….. .
Old 05-04-2019, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Yes. That 5 minute ride to the Publix at 44/Morse would be brutal. Smh.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Yes. That 5 minute ride to the Publix at 44/Morse would be brutal. Smh.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:

What's with all the Fenney bashing? I just don't get it. If you read the comments from those who live there, they love it! And they love it for all good reasons. What they have there cannot be found in the "regular" Villages.

If you are out of butter, there's always your next door neighbor! And once you have to get in your car to go to a restaurant, five minutes or five miles is the same thing!

Old 05-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post

What's with all the Fenney bashing? I just don't get it. If you read the comments from those who live there, they love it! And they love it for all good reasons. What they have there cannot be found in the "regular" Villages.

If you are out of butter, there's always your next door neighbor! And once you have to get in your car to go to a restaurant, five minutes or five miles is the same thing!

Cowgirl, they have been bashing Fenney for two years but it still has grown into the most populous of any of The Villages but they just can't give it up. They don't read anything, just make up stuff to put on here and can't even spell Fenney correctly. We have MMT's all around the area that will soon be tied into the old villages, less than 10 minutes from Brownwood that will soon have another large medical facility, they are building a medical complex on Warm Springs just across the turnpike and announced that there will be 4 restaurants in the plaza at 501 and Warm Springs. And you are correct, the comments from those who reside here are all positive.
Closed Thread

Tags
fenny, villages, things, bit, happening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.