Fenny or ???

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2019, 06:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
On our Lifestyle visit, the most important things to hubby and me were: where to get fresh delicious groceries, how we will get along with the potential neighbors we met at the pool, and for me personally, Barnes and Noble had to be close by. How large the house was, whether it was stucco, did the lanai face North, etc was not very significant.
It was the first visit for my husband and the real test for me was if he was okay with “The Villages concept” I already knew TV from visiting my relatives many times and dreamt for a long time of being here.
We lived in south Florida for 25 years before moving back north then back to central Florida. I knew Publix very well and always appreciated the customer service and fresh food they offered. Getting along with neighbors is always going to be a concern no matter where one lives. But.......the lifestyle The Villages offers is something so unique. Just love it here.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Fenney is a village in Southern Oaks.
Huh?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:59 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Huh?
Double Huh???
Old 05-06-2019, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
Bucco, I agree mostly with what you are saying, but I believe there are those who post on TOTV in general and within this Fenney thread, who voice more than an opinion and do have an agenda.

Their agendas are tongue-in-cheek or by innuendo, but they are there and obvious and real. This is my opinion!

Changing the subject back to the Fenney area, one has to admit that the look there is a 180 from the rest of TV. It is more of a country feel and more refreshing and natural. Those who bought there like the more casual setting and the newness of the area and the people.

If it's good enough for them and they love it, that's all that matters.
I agree with your basic premise of..."different strokes, for different folks."

But instead of 'agenda's' per se, I think what we're seeing is commentary on the direction of what 'Da Family' has obviously decided to go...for future retirees.

Keep in mind, that The Villages has for decades advertised "free golf for life"...as one of their biggest selling points.

I think a lot of what we're seeing, are comments from those who primarily moved here...for the amazing number of golf choices.

So it's hard for them to understand/comprehend/accept, why someone would choose a location that doesn't have those same easy opportunities for golf...that primarily brought them here.

Because let's face it, most folks at this age...don't easily have their minds/opinions changed.

You can bet money though, Da Family has done their homework/demographic studies and are betting it will take something besides just golf...to attract future retirees.

So what may come across as an "agenda" to some, I believe is mostly an expression of confusion from longer term residents of why people would move so far away...from what drew them here in the firs place.

Part of their 'confusion' is also tied to the other big thing that so many moved here for, which is the ability to use a golf cart to pretty much do anything (shopping/medical/eating/Etc.)...within a reasonable cart ride away.

And it's obvious (at least to me), by the upgrades and other nice new house features for the price, that Da Family is trying to make it as attractive as possible to encourage folks to move so far away...from what they have heretofore advertised as their primary selling points.

And it's obvious by the successful sales of 'Down South'...the new message/branding is working.

Golf nuts will probably still buy north of 44, but many others are finding the amenities/setting of Fenney and other southern locations...more to their liking.

But, this is just my "opinion"...and has nothing to do with an "agenda."

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 05-06-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
fenny, villages, things, bit, happening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.