Fenny exisiting Home $$$ increased

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2018, 11:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
If you have purchased a new home here you have lived through the dust in the dirt while a new village is being created. . . . It’s not a big deal.
Based on our experience, living in an area where there is construction is a VERY big deal!

We bought our house in Osceola Hills two years ago and there were very few houses around us. When they started building houses around us, it was terrible. The dust was everywhere.

The workers would park in front of our driveway and totally block us in, and I would have to go from house to house to ask someone to move their vehicle. I complained to the warranty office, but they did nothing and eventually just hung up on me.

Someone suggested we call the police and complain that our drive way was being blocked, so we did exactly that. Very soon, an officer showed up at our house and the workers seemed to disappear inside the houses they were working on. I wonder why?

The officer from Wildwood was very nice. He said they do not mind complaints like ours because it helps them find people who have outstanding arrest warrants.

Anyway, he found the person who blocked our driveway and told them to move their vehicle. After that, no one parked in our driveway.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:33 AM
Send a message via AIM to Emmakrock@yahoo.com

Actually they are increasing as of June 1. Why? Because they can
Old 05-28-2018, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Based on our experience, living in an area where there is construction is a VERY big deal!

We bought our house in Osceola Hills two years ago and there were very few houses around us. When they started building houses around us, it was terrible. The dust was everywhere.

The workers would park in front of our driveway and totally block us in, and I would have to go from house to house to ask someone to move their vehicle. I complained to the warranty office, but they did nothing and eventually just hung up on me.

Someone suggested we call the police and complain that our drive way was being blocked, so we did exactly that. Very soon, an officer showed up at our house and the workers seemed to disappear inside the houses they were working on. I wonder why?

The officer from Wildwood was very nice. He said they do not mind complaints like ours because it helps them find people who have outstanding arrest warrants.

Anyway, he found the person who blocked our driveway and told them to move their vehicle. After that, no one parked in our driveway.
In both villages we were the first homes to be occupied. The workers or always pleasant and never had any problems with them.

We Knew that there was going to be dirt since very few homes were completed. This was our fifth home we have built so no big surprise of the dust and dirt.

Sounds like once workers knew you were living there problem solved with the parking.

I do not worry about things I can not change, life is too short
Old 05-28-2018, 03:20 PM

Don't forget the BOND on the new properties (and newer resale properties). It isn't included in the advertised price. Bond runs to five digits now.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:35 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
Don't forget the BOND on the new properties (and newer resale properties). It isn't included in the advertised price. Bond runs to five digits now.
Why would anyone forget about bond. It's part of the cost of the home. You can pay a bond or have a higher priced house if they include it in the selling price. Either way you're going to pay for it. The older homes with bonds paid off are priced accordingly so you are still paying for it just part of the selling price of those older homes, homes that may well now need a lot of replacements or repairs. The choice is there to be made, pay it now or pay it later but you're going to pay it in the end.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me the rudeness of people bashing/criticizing others, based on where they live. Not that long ago there was nothing south of 466A, and people said similar things. Although I don't live in Fenny, I visit, golf and work there frequently, and I love it.
I am not sure which post/person you are referring to - perhaps it was rude. However, sometimes people are just giving their opinion and aren't bashing to be rude.

A couple of months ago, when I found out my home was sold and I would soon be relocating to TV, I started a thread here asking if people living in Fenney felt disconnected and weren't feeling like they were getting the full villages experience. It was an innocent question, soliciting opinions, but I was immediately accused of "bashing" Fenney. That was not my intent. My wife was concerned that it wouldn't really feel like TV if she couldn't hop on a golf cart and ride to a shopping area or a town square. Well, for what it's worth, we bought a home in Fenney and we love it. We moved in a week ago today.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Sounds like once workers knew you were living there problem solved with the parking.
Sounds like once workers knew we would call the police if they blocked our driveway, problem solved with the parking.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:49 AM

Vintageoguage, Not all homes in The Villages have bonds. Houses in Lady Lake never had a bond. And the older homes which had bonds are paid off and the price of older homes reflects market value -- which has nothing to do with the paid off bond. New homes sold by Properties of the Villages do not reflect the bond in the advertised home price.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:33 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
Vintageoguage, Not all homes in The Villages have bonds. Houses in Lady Lake never had a bond. And the older homes which had bonds are paid off and the price of older homes reflects market value -- which has nothing to do with the paid off bond. New homes sold by Properties of the Villages do not reflect the bond in the advertised home price.
What I was saying is if there are two identical homes, lets say in Virginia Trace, one with no bond, one still owing $10,000, they will most likely be priced with a $10,000 difference. The fact that there is no bond does reflect in the asking prices. If the developer chose to pay the bonds on new homes they would be priced $20/$30,000 higher and that would set the market price for new homes being built.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:04 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

When we secured a loan to purchase our new Village house in 2014, the appraised value of the house interestingly didn’t include the bond payment that was due. While credit checks were preformed to secure the loan, the bond amount was not a factor. The bond amount is one of those weird Village things that is many times not taken into account. However, the bond balance due is a cost to the home owner.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 05-30-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:39 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Today, I checked the web site on the new house in Fenney we visited last month to interested my wife's sister in living in the Villages. The house went up $4,000 in price and is now pictured as furnished. Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

my thoughts on 5/24/18
Real Estate Question
Old 06-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Platinum member

Financial institution deregulation is heading us back toward a real estate bubble, and possibly another Great Recession. Hang on. We just don't seem to learn that thing about history repeating when we make the same mistakes.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:44 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

If it includes the furniture it really didn't go up in price.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Financial institution deregulation is heading us back toward a real estate bubble, and possibly another Great Recession. Hang on. We just don't seem to learn that thing about history repeating when we make the same mistakes.
You might be correct. However, I feel that Supply-and-Demand is a more important factor at this time.

This is a national problem. The bubble is growing because the supply of pre-owned houses cannot keep up with the demand. The prices of pre-owned houses moves upward and the prices of new houses follow the trend.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Yep.

And the fact that no one in the U.S. went to jail over devastating the world economy, simply emboldens those responsible...to do it again.

Highly recommended watching for those who don't know...the WHOLE story/reason(s).

The Big Short (poke here)
Closed Thread

Tags
home, sales, price, fenny, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.