Fenny exisiting Home $$$ increased

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Sage

I noticed the Alder model in Finney use to be called the Allamander. I wonder why they rename them. What makes it unique is that it is poured concrete not block. I think it is the least expensive stucco designer home.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I noticed the Alder model in Finney use to be called the Allamander. I wonder why they rename them. What makes it unique is that it is poured concrete not block. I think it is the least expensive stucco designer home.
Did you mean 'Allamanda?'

Or did they have a model named 'Allamander?'
Old 05-05-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Likely marketing, like much of the rest of this thread. If you look at the Veranda homes, I believe they are all existing designer home models, but when they make a Veranda home out of it, they call it by a different name. The Veranda I bought is called a Hillsdale but is the same home as the Mossy Oak designer floor plan. What is it they say about a rose by another name? This is not a new tactic and in some ways it helps avoid confusion. Many of the designer homes are called one name when they are stucco construction and called something else when vinyl sided versions of the same floor plan.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Did you mean 'Allamanda?'

Or did they have a model named 'Allamander?'
If you are from NJ, and pronounce oil, earl, the Villages sell an Allamander model that looks the same and cost the same as the Allamanda but feels more like home.
They don't miss a trick.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:23 PM
Platinum member

I'm sure The Villages owners will figure out the pricing of homes one of these days !!!!
Old 05-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
If you are from NJ, and pronounce oil, earl, the Villages sell an Allamander model that looks the same and cost the same as the Allamanda but feels more like home.
They don't miss a trick.
Gotcha.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Don't forget to look at preowned homes. Many already have thousands in upgrades.
Yeah, but a lot of the upgrades could be things you may not want, like summer kitchens, crown molding, or driveway pavers.

In addition, a lot of people watch HGTV and believe the hosts when they say, "These $50K upgrades increased the value of the house by $80K." Dream on.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:39 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Likely marketing, like much of the rest of this thread. If you look at the Veranda homes, I believe they are all existing designer home models, but when they make a Veranda home out of it, they call it by a different name. The Veranda I bought is called a Hillsdale but is the same home as the Mossy Oak designer floor plan. What is it they say about a rose by another name? This is not a new tactic and in some ways it helps avoid confusion. Many of the designer homes are called one name when they are stucco construction and called something else when vinyl sided versions of the same floor plan.
There are changes made in the models due to not having a lawn area on one side of the house they eliminated windows. The Midland model is an Ivy without sliders in the kitchen and a smaller lanai to accommodate a concrete slab and windows filled in on the non-lawn area side. In any event they are selling the veranda models at a fast pace.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
With all of the new homes, and I'm sure, subsequent commercial development...that could be a real issue in the near future.
There is no road noise inside Fenney it is just on the perimeter homes along 468 and that is why they have been discounted. Future development will not increase road noise except for that particular area. They are great deals if you are used to hearing cars and trucks. I'm sure the homes built along 466A, 466, Buena Vista, and Morse were discounted also when they were new as there is a lot of traffic on those roads also.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Veteran member

I just talked to a friend of mine last night that told me his realtor said prices were going up $6-9,000 in June in the Fenney/Desota area and now would be the time to buy. Realtor said they were just out of a sales meeting(two days ago) and this is what was told to them. Rumor? Sales ploy? Time will tell.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I just talked to a friend of mine last night that told me his realtor said prices were going up $6-9,000 in June in the Fenney/Desota area and now would be the time to buy. Realtor said they were just out of a sales meeting(two days ago) and this is what was told to them. Rumor? Sales ploy? Time will tell.
I have heard time and time again that no future changes are EVER discussed in meetings with Villages reps. Our rep has told us several times that when a change happens, THEY hear it at the same time there is a general announcement to the public.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Realtor??? If you are writing about Villages reps they are not Realtors.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-10-2018, 08:16 PM
Gold member

I'm not so sure that raising the existing home prices in Fenny and Desota 6k to 9k will sell many new homes. I think its a sales tactic...

But I do think, that just maybe, raising new home prices will help out resales in the upper villages proper.

That might just be a good thing for people selling there homes.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Realtor??? If you are writing about Villages reps they are not Realtors.
A realtor is an agent selling property so yes, they are realtors.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
I'm not so sure that raising the existing home prices in Fenny and Desota 6k to 9k will sell many new homes. I think its a sales tactic...

But I do think, that just maybe, raising new home prices will help out resales in the upper villages proper.

That might just be a good thing for people selling there homes.
If the increase is true, it's 2% after a year of selling, that is to be expected. According to todays paper TV agents sold 2,200 new homes and 2,200 re-sales in 2017. That ratio will most likely stay the same for 2018.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, sales, price, fenny, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.