a few Basic golf cart questions

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Veteran member
Default a few Basic golf cart questions

Are their both 2 cycle and 4 cycle carts? If so which company makes each type. Any advantages/disadvantages on either? Is there much other regular maintenance on a gas cart that I should be aware of.

With a 4 Cycle gas cart you must need to get the oil changed. How often do you need to change it and how much? Is this a hassle in TV to drop it off someplace and wait?

Any disadvantage to one of the Carts with a 2nd seat right behind the first for a 3rd and 4 passenger (facing to the back not forward). I think one would be handy for company and carrying around my RC airplanes?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Default Re: a few Basic golf cart questions

I don't know about the engine questions, and this might not be an issue for you, but you need more garage space for a second seat. It is longer. How much company you aiming to have? If the answer is occassionally, then renting one for a week or two a year is a good choice.
Well, it is a good choice for me. *chuckles*

Kitria
Old 08-15-2007, 06:13 AM

Four seaters are generally higher, and you can see evidence of that when you go through some of the tunnels. Some tunnels are really low and you need to get close to the center or you may hit if your cart is tall. The four seaters with pasengers facing forward are much longer. Carts with passengers facing to the rear are not.

Cart engines are 4 cycle and most manufacturers can supply either gas or electric.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Gas carts are 4 cycle, there are guys that will come out and do maintenance right at your house, can find them listed in the Daily Sun classifieds. If you want to carry stuff on the back they make a rear seat that flips and turns into a flat bed.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:20 AM
Platinum member

We orginally bought a 2 seater last Feb when we moved in. After having guests and especially grandchildren visit, we decided we needed a 4 seater. Took the first one back and got the 4 seater. We are MUCH happier. Have the fun of having visiters is to be able to give them a tour of TV on a golf cart. Grandkids just love going places via golf cart. It isn't considered save to squeeze grandkids between 2 adults in 2 seater.
Tampa, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.