The Villages Vs Del Webb Community Sun City

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Default The Villages Vs Del Webb Community Sun City

Hi

My brother (lives in Toronto, CA) was wondering about TV and I told him about the website and the amenities in TV. He has friends that have recently moved to a Del Webb community called Sun City. Does anyone know anything about this area? I haven't really heard anyone talk about this. I did see someone talk about Solovita near Orlando, but not Sun City.

Thanks,
Liz
Old 11-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: The Villages Vs Del Webb Community Sun City

Del Web has retirement communities in several states. We lived in Fredericksburg, VA and he had just completed a small community there.

I can tell you the different between ANY retirement community and theVillages.......in a nutshell it is LIFESTYLE. Many 55+/retirement communities have one or two golf courses; a few tennis courts and pools; a club house or country club BUT they won't have the over 200 clubs we have here and the over 100 pools which are built in three styles....family for visitors with young children; sports for people who do laps and water aerobics; adult for people who want a quiet place to swim, relax and read.

We have a variety of country clubs even though they are really only restaurants; we have pickleball courts as well as tennis; we have bocci courts; we have shuffleboard courts/lanes; we have enough to keep an energizer bunny busy 24/7 and enough relaxation for a couch potato if they desire.

There are simply no other 55+/retirement communities that have as much as we do and then add to it live music every night in each town square and the fine entertainment of the Savannah Center. Del Web cannot give you this nor can any other developer. This was well thought out many years ago and the developer/family have kept on track every year since conception.

You can look at houses in other places but that is ALL you will be looking at....houses. Here we have a lifestyle not to be compared to anything else!!!

Best of luck and come on down soon...the sooner the better!!!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Veteran member

VERY WELL SAID FRAN
Handie :joke:
Old 11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Veteran member

We tried to see the Sun City over near Tampa. The sales agent didn't have time to go out with us but gave us a card that would let us get in the gate -- or so he said. An hour later, many phone calls, and general groveling, and we were still at the gate. We finally decided that, hey, we are in love with TV, why put ourselves through this. So here we are. (Actually, in body here we are in Sybericuse, NY with the snow, but mentally ...)

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 11-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Sage

Fran, if i were the developer i would ask for permission to reprint your post.

It was perfectly stated. My friends in TV would totally agree.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Best thing for anyone to do is stay 3 or 4 days at a few different communitites and then make his/her own decision. As a starting point for explaining some of the differences I can't add anything to Frans post.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:09 PM

:bigthumbsup:
Totally agree with Fran. We've looked into almost every community and development on the East Coast (NC, SC, GA, FL) as well as several in Arizona. None have the activities and lifestyle of TV. We also agree that if you take advantage of the guest program offered through TV you'd be hard pressed to find another place better! We'll be permanent residents as of 12/28 and will keep posting!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Veteran member

I appreciate your kind words but can say in all truth, even with the few issues that bug me from time to time, we are NOT going anywhere. We are frogs! This is a community for people who want to enjoy those years the good Lord gives us after we sweat and work for so many years raising families, etc.

You won't find anything like this anywhere. Just look and see how many people come here from all over the USA including Florida and how many come from Canada and even the United Kingdom. This is an ideal location.

Hope all you folks checking out the Villages are able to find your "dream" home and join us in our premier lifestyle. In addition to all the games etc. there are multiple opportunities t volunteer for the community as well.

So, as I said before, COME ON DOWN and do it SOON!!!!!! ;D
Old 11-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Veteran member

We spent considerable time over 4 years looking at 55 and older communities in AZ, NC, SC, NM. We never considered looking in FL. My wife found out about TV from one of here friends @ work. We went on a 7 day TV Package which included TV Dollars that practically paid for your entire stay. We must have drank the "koolaid" during one of the happy hour's because there isn't another place on earth better than TV. Trust me we tried looking even after we left TV. We gave in and here we are, year round residents and loving it every day. There is nothing on the market remotely similar to TV in amenities and activities.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 11-20-2007, 07:13 PM

Thanks Everyone,

I think that I will print out your comments and send them to my brother.
We are coming down again next month to look.
We are having a lot of fun looking, let me tell you!
We started out looking at new designer homes at end of 2006, then ranches at the beginning of this 2007, now we are looking at courtyard villas.
Each visit we find something new and our needs change.
I am hoping that my brother will log on to TOTV and look for himself.
If anyone else has any other reasons please continue to post.
I am sure that he thinks that I exaggerate when I tell him how nice it is.

Liz

:bigthumbsup:
Old 11-21-2007, 08:15 PM

stan--stayed at Sun City Grand a few years ago---
came home and bought my villa in TV--
best move I ever made.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:29 PM

I agree with everything Fran had to say. I am from Minnesota and have a home in Lynnhaven. Not yet full time, but wishing we were. We have checked out other retirement communities as well from Az to Mo. and Florida and nothing compares to TV. What I would like to add however is that it is near impossible to describe this place to anyone adequately. I viewed the video before trying it out and even that did not describe the lifestyle adequately. Tell your friends they need to visit to truly appreciate.

Galen in Minnesota,
Old 11-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbronson
I agree with everything Fran had to say. ........ Tell your friends they need to visit to truly appreciate.

No words or pictures can describe it. It's like the Grand Canyon in a way...no matter how you think it's going to look from pictures, movies, descriptions, NOTHING replaces being there and seeing it for yourself!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.