Fire

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2017, 07:55 PM
Veteran member

For those who have concern about the Fire it may be a an idea to call the Fire Department..so here is some telephone numbers for you. All ( Non ) Emergency.

Fire Dept. Marion County...352-732-9111

Fire Dept. Lake County..... 352-343-2101

Fire Dept. Sumter County...352-569-1600

Enlighten all of us who are on the edge of our seats ...Wondering
Old 02-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Platinum member

There are contractors and heavy equipment on the "Family's property" north of the polo fields. They have been doing extensive clearing and burning for the last 2 weeks in the area near the Village of Santiago. They have been working 7 days a week from sun up to sun down. No idea of what they are doing back there. If anybody knows, please post.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:07 PM

We saw the heavy smoke from 441 while we we up near Sears. It didn't appear to be in TV as it appeared well north say out toward route 25. Hubby said it looked to be smoke from burning rubber or an industrial type fire.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
There are contractors and heavy equipment on the "Family's property" north of the polo fields. They have been doing extensive clearing and burning for the last 2 weeks in the area near the Village of Santiago. They have been working 7 days a week from sun up to sun down. No idea of what they are doing back there. If anybody knows, please post.
Depending on the wind, it gets pretty nasty with the smell of the fires. I could see the smoke from Oxford Oaks. Rumor had it they were putting in a paddock of some sort - but again that is just rumor. I just feel bad for anyone with any lung issues - got to keep the windows closed.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
I wish I knew what was going on. I live in this area and when the wind is from the s/w it blows to our house. Have to close the house up. You can see the burn pile at the end of Iberia Ct but cannot tell what they are doing. There are several trees with orange tape around them. Let's hope this does not mean they are coming down.

Tags
section, historic, lots, smoke, up/near

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.