Your favorite floor steam cleaner is?

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2017, 05:58 AM
Gold member
Default Your favorite floor steam cleaner is?

I need to buy a steam cleaner for the usual cleaning of tile floors in main area of house. My Shark broke after a couple of years; we tried to fix it to no avail. Any recommendations on another product? I do not want to hire a service company because this is part of the weekly cleaning routine. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
I need to buy a steam cleaner for the usual cleaning of tile floors in main area of house. My Shark broke after a couple of years; we tried to fix it to no avail. Any recommendations on another product? I do not want to hire a service company because this is part of the weekly cleaning routine. Thanks.
I use a Bissell. I recommend it only because it is saves than me getting down on my hands and knees and scrubbing the tiled floor myself. It is absolutely great in my master bathroom where I have porcelain tile, however in my main living area I have quarry tile, which has the uneven finish, it does not do so well there. But it is better than nothing and the price is right!

I used to have a commercial steam cleaner, cost a small fortune, still did not get into the grout and it died (due to hard water) within a couple of years.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-06-2017, 06:42 AM

I have the Shark Sonic Cleaner for the tiled areas in my home. After using other steam cleaners I find this does the job. Floor looks clean with absolutely no effort.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:11 AM
fw102807

I bought a Bissel Crosswave and love it. It is not steam and can be used on tile, laminate and even low pile rugs. It is very easy to use and lightweight.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I use a Bissell. I recommend it only because it is saves than me getting down on my hands and knees and scrubbing the tiled floor myself. It is absolutely great in my master bathroom where I have porcelain tile, however in my main living area I have quarry tile, which has the uneven finish, it does not do so well there. But it is better than nothing and the price is right!

I used to have a commercial steam cleaner, cost a small fortune, still did not get into the grout and it died (due to hard water) within a couple of years.
Which model Bissell?
Old 12-06-2017, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
Which model Bissell?
Bissell Steam Mop DeLuxe. But, I just looked for the price and something came up saying it is no longer available! I had better start babying mine.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I purchased a Shark Genius S6002 this year as we now have all tile floors. It’s easy to change the two-sided pads. My white socks stay white longer after I mop!
Old 12-06-2017, 09:05 AM
Platinum member

McCullough (as in chain saws) sold at Walmart. Comes with attachments.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Platinum member

The first and only one I've ever experienced is an Orek.
(recommended use on tile only- steamer, not a scrubber)
Says you can do vertical surfaces like shower walls, which appealed to me (hubby uses bar soap) but I found using it vertically was very awkward in practice.
I use distilled water in it.

Have to say I looked at that McCullough steam cleaner online- Looks very versatile! May be well worth the $$.

Last edited by Uptown Girl; 12-06-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
cleaning, steam, cleaner, product, avail

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.