Fire hazard in villages homes

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2019, 11:53 AM

The developer knows exactly what homes have these fire hazards. The fire department does not. Don't you think that the developer has a moral, ethical, and legal obligation to do everything in his power to notify those residents at risk? God forbid there is any injury from a fire caused by one of these units. In that case the developer would be criminality negligent.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJBama View Post
You are wrong. Here is one of dozens of sites which make this extremely clear.

Stick to something that you know before you bash someone who is helping others.
Florida Vacation Rental 101
Thank you.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie1944 View Post
You must be dreaming. The one thing that the developer avoids by ANY means is bad news. Do you think that I haven't notified the developer several times with no action being taken? If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, then it's a duck. This "oversight" was definitely intentional.
So by your logic, the "developer" is responsible for notifying every single homeowner when any item which was installed in the home is recalled? You're kidding, right?
Old 05-22-2019, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,118 Times in 2,237 Posts

There are many similar situations, for example, a relative lives in a mobile home, while investigating a wiring problem I found well over 50% of the wires were loose in the switches or receptacles. As it turns out this particular brand had been recalled bu UL as a fire hazard, but there was no way of notifying all of the effected people. I actually called UL directly when I found the problem, and they explained the situation to me. This appears to be a similar situation, while we did get a listing of the materials in our house (we built), in discussion with home warranty I got the impression that this data is on an old system, as they could not get me another copy when I lost my original one. I am guessing that home warranty my not be able to actually search their system to provide a list homes with these devices. On the other hand the sales department should have a list of homes that were previously leased or rented out and could send out postcards to the current owners.
Unfortunately there are so many similar situations where the current owners cannot be notified (car seats, strollers, air bags to name a few).
I do not have any additional ideas other than my original one to give the info to the fire department, and they may be able to do something.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have NEVER seen a white, utilitarian flashing light like this installed by the front door or anywhere in any of the Villages homes I have visited. Have you???
Yes. They are in both of my Villages homes, which were both in The Villages Lifestyle Program in 2005 and 2006.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2019, 05:11 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJBama View Post
You are wrong. Here is one of dozens of sites which make this extremely clear.

Stick to something that you know before you bash someone who is helping others.
Florida Vacation Rental 101
Thank you for this. Discouraging those that help can be dangerous.

This thread was made to inform residents of a possible problem.
Some took that as an attack on the developer.
Evidence posts made with evidence to prove the problem exits.
Some still shout fake news in an attempt to cover it up.

Point: We posters on TOTV should/must help each other and not the developer, especially when it comes to safety. I personally love The Villages and give sincere thanks to the developer for this wonderful place, but I find residents security and safety far out way the profits of the Developer.

Thank you TOTV for this valuable public web site.

Last edited by JimJohnson; 05-23-2019 at 05:24 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
elm2, elm, recall, hazard, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.